• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muhammad Cartoon Controversy (1 Viewer)

davin

HSC
N/A
he didn't say anything that would indicate if he knows about the big bang or not. we do know, however, he doens't know about stars.

Simpson Freak

HSC
SashatheMan said:
i wish you put that much effort and actually looks into the millions of flaws with islam , instead of some jedi religion. you'll find that this jedi religion will look flawless, when you compare it to islam teachings
"WELL THATS ALMOST A SENTENCE" [Mr Burns]

more of your BS rhetoric, you are only kidding yourself if you think Islam is somewhat more flawed than other widely known religions.

and if it was that flawed people wouldnt be converting to it so much, i mean people now have a choice to what religion they choose, you are no longer locked into whatever you were born in, and yet Islam is the worlds fasted growing religion.

I WISH YOU PUT THAT MUCH EFFORT AND ACTUALLY LOOK INTO THE MILLIONS OF FLAWS IN YOUR OWN POSTS, INSTEAD OF SPOUTING RHETORIC AGAINST ISLAM, YOU'LL FIND THAT ISLAM WILL LOOK FLAWLESS WHEN YOU COMPARE IT TO YOUR PATHETIC POSTS.

anyway, just like your previous posts, you are judging islam by what ever side show freak is televised on cnn, i mean you are just a mindless slave of the media, believing what ever they say as gospel.

JUST LEAVE THIS FORUM, my obsessive compulsive disorder requires me to answer any of your pointless posts, since i am constantly paranoid that some normal reader would think you have something that maybe considered rational thought.

davin

HSC
N/A
just one point Simpson_Freak.... the logic of "well, lots of people are converting to it" doesn't really make a case. people are generally dumb. not muslims only, not religious people only...just people. period.

Simpson Freak

HSC
davin said:
gravity is a theory too. feel like jumping off a bridge?

the theory of evolution holds out, darwin has been refined through more information, but its strenghthened the case, not weakened it.
Yes but there is actually a lot of research being conducted to find the GRAVITON which is the particle that allegedly causes gravity, it hasnt been found and stuff, but imagine if we can technically remove or add such particles, we can alter mass itself.

not to mention theres string theory which has lots of cool but complicated proposals, it also compares the differences in the strength of gravity and magnetic flux, where apparently gravity is weaker than magnetism because the force of gravity extends to another dimension...okay "this is something like out of that twilighty show about that zone"

so i was never saying i dont believe in gravity, like you would want to make it out to make me "socially unpopular....more so"....lol....sry simpson joke.

and what do you mean darwin's case has been strengthened? do you even know what the concept of punctuated equilibrium is? yes maybe it was strengthened in the late 1800's when the concept of nuclear fusion and fission was brought up, however the fossil record has only managed to bring up more questions, and suggest another theory to darwins slow progressive change over millenia.

Simpson Freak

HSC
davin said:
just one point Simpson_Freak.... the logic of "well, lots of people are converting to it" doesn't really make a case. people are generally dumb. not muslims only, not religious people only...just people. period.
well its better than supporting the faith you were born in with all your heart and denying yourself a chance to compare it to other religions since you are accepted to believe it without a doubt.....and i couldnt care, it was just a point, better than openly asking like sasha for people to convert. better to make up ur own mind than have sasha make it up for u

davin

HSC
N/A
to quote wikipedia
The sudden appearance and lack of substantial gradual change of perhaps most species in the geologic record, from their initial appearance until their extinction, has long been noted, including by Charles Darwin, who appealed to the imperfection of the record as an explanation. Because Darwin stressed the gradual nature of evolution, to clearly contrast it with the then-popular catastrophism, it is often incorrectly assumed that he insisted that the rate of change must be constant or nearly so. However, Darwin saw evolution as a slow process that continued without jumping around and ahead. He figured that if you study the fossils of organisms, you will see long intervals in the geological layers. Throughout these layers, you can see at which times a certain species may have become extinct and then replaced by other life forms. But in The Origin of Species Darwin wrote, "the periods during which species have undergone modification, though long as measured in years, have probably been short in comparison with the periods during which they retain the same form." Thus, punctuationism in general is consistent with Darwin's conception of evolution; it also appears to be compatible with the independent proposals of the theory of evolution by natural selection of William Charles Wells, Patrick Matthew, and Alfred Russel Wallace.
honestly, we got no idea of whats causing gravity still.

Simpson Freak

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Simpson Freak I severely doubt you have a clue about either big bang theory or evolution.
well i just finished the hsc so i dont have any degrees, but a band 6 in all sciences would make people assume that i know just a teeny weeny bit about the theory of evolution and the big bang theory.

what you expected me to explain it to prove that i know it? u heard tempco he thought even referencing them was too much.

"Should've stopped right there."

no then i would have done the same shite as sasha where i just spout rhetoric and think people will just believe me.

Simpson Freak

HSC
davin said:
if i eat a guy from russia, i'm still a canibal, even though I'm not from Russia.
cannibalism is species-based, not culturally or racially based.
are you saying a human from tatooine is somewhat a different species from a human from corussant, seriously DO YOU REALISE I AM AGREEING WITH YOU, but no you just have to find a way to object to what i say, even though it means you will object to urself.

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....BASICALLY ANAKIN SKYWALKER EATING BAIL ORGANA FROM ALDERAAN IS CANIBALISM.

davin

HSC
N/A
ok, lets clarify where we are on the cannabalism thing...so, we're talking, cannabalism in the sense of people from different planets, but of the same species then?

Simpson Freak

HSC
davin said:
to quote wikipedia

honestly, we got no idea of whats causing gravity still.
yes but its a theoretical particle, to some extent like the photon, but we now accept photons as a particle of the light wave.

the graviton is allegedly the sub atomic particle that causes gravity.

seriously did you know that scientists believe that the quarks and other stuff inside protons and neutrons are actually heavier than the entire atom. whats your point i am just saying that there is much we dont know.

davin

HSC
N/A
see, we've got photons as a concept and can then make predictions based on how we beleive they behave. its fairly strong evidence. gravitrons we're pretty much just throwing out there cuz we got no idea on the cause of gravity, even though we can predict its effects accurately.
but i mean...we know why we got from hydrogen up to more useful stuff though.

Simpson Freak

HSC
davin said:
ok, lets clarify where we are on the cannabalism thing...so, we're talking, cannabalism in the sense of people from different planets, but of the same species then?
well there was a story bout 2 jedi, where once on this unknown planet , 1 was eaten by cannibals and the other jedi, didnt kill them to stop more innocents being eaten by the clan of cannibals, because its the whole moral thing. and according to the code "a jedi is not a moral creature"

davin

HSC
N/A
this has to be new EU then..... i can't remember this at all... do you remember the title at all offhand?

davin

HSC
N/A
remember, jedi plural is jedi.

and yeah, i think i recall that.

once again though, star wars brings people together.
this is possibly the longest civil exchange in this thread thus far.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Simpson Freak said:
well i just finished the hsc so i dont have any degrees, but a band 6 in all sciences would make people assume that i know just a teeny weeny bit about the theory of evolution and the big bang theory.

what you expected me to explain it to prove that i know it? u heard tempco he thought even referencing them was too much.

"Should've stopped right there."

no then i would have done the same shite as sasha where i just spout rhetoric and think people will just believe me.

what the fuck yuo talking about you idiot?

Last edited:

davin

HSC
N/A
um.....no. its nuclear fusion in stars. just how they work. gets us everything up to.... iron, i beleive, and evertyhing above that comes from supernovas

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
theres so many millions of nuclear reactions on stars that nuclear fusion, resulting in the production of heavier particles is simply fact.....and yes...ur rite simpson freak., it is by pure accident :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)