Muhammad Cartoon Controversy (3 Viewers)

HSC
Re: Jihad Against Danish Newspaper

zahid said:
I tell you what's more sickening u fuckwit, when ppl label jesus as being GAY and a Ghastly and most christains dont even give a shit...mate to be honest ppl of the islamic faith feel some form of connection to their religion which is why the give a shit. Most of you other cunts don't.
Too bad I'm an atheist you dirty muslim bastard.

People should be free to criticise whatever the fuck they want and not have some fascist, crazy fucking retard muslim shithead threaten to kill them.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC

GoodSirLancelot said:
Too bad I'm an atheist you dirty muslim bastard.
That's nice mate. So being muslim is now attributed to being dirty?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

zahid said:
I tell you what's more sickening u fuckwit, when ppl label jesus as being GAY and a Ghastly and most christains dont even give a shit...mate to be honest ppl of the islamic faith feel some form of connection to their religion which is why the give a shit. Most of you other cunts don't.
Most Christians would probably just think of the person insulting Jesus as being immature and unintelligent, which they probably are. You know, like 'turning the other cheek'.

get_born

GoodSirLancelot said:
People should be free to criticise whatever the fuck they want and not have some fascist, crazy fucking retard muslim shithead threaten to kill them.
Not if its going to bring offence to someone. If i was to take on board that sort of thinking - i'll probably start walking around my neighbourhood and just start bad mouthing people and making fun of what they believe in. Then if they get upset ill tell them its freedom of speech!

get_born

GoodSirLancelot said:
No, I just know you're dirty.

And it's well known muslims don't wash.
Goes to show how much you know. Muslims take wudu before they pray.

HSC

last_chance said:
Not if its going to bring offence to someone. If i was to take on board that sort of thinking - i'll probably start walking around my neighbourhood and just start bad mouthing people and making fun of what they believe in. Then if they get upset ill tell them its freedom of speech!
Feel free to. It's your right.

get_born

GoodSirLancelot said:
Feel free to. It's your right.
Yeah it is! And I choose not to - reason: I like to know i have some respect and moral sense when approaching people.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC

GoodSirLancelot said:
No, if muslims can't handle freedom of speech they can go fuck themselves. It's sickening to see their reaction to anything that criticises their religion.

Go fuck yourselves, you pricks.
We don't have freedom of speech in Australia. Does that mean we can't handle it either? Please go fuck yourself you anti-Australian asspuppet.

get_born

Muslims expect Danish apology

A few weeks ago, the entire Western world was up in arms over Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's remarks in which he raised some questions about the Holocaust.

Most Western countries, including Denmark, denounced the man for commenting on an issue that is increasingly becoming more sacred than religions. Even some Arab countries joined the wave of condemnation, out of concern that his comments may increase the Western-Islamic divide and inflame the civilisation clash that emerged after the September 11, 2001, attacks. Muslims are sensitive to others' beliefs. They respect other religions. And they expect others to do the same.

What the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten did by publishing 12 cartoons defaming the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) is atrocious and cannot be justified. And more appalling is its refusal, and the refusal of the Danish government, to apologise to the more than one billion Muslims who felt deeply offended and abused by the insulting caricatures.

Muslim ambassadors in Copenhagen asked to see the Danish Prime Minister, Anders Fogh Rasmussen, to discuss the issue, but he refused to meet them, arguing that Denmark "respects freedom of speech and freedom of the press". However, we would question that policy when the same Western governments disregard the very same principle to, for example, ban the Lebanese satellite channel Al Manar for allegedly being anti-Israel. It is obvious the Danish concept of freedom is a one-way street. It is only embraced and protected when it insults Muslims and their beliefs.

The Danish government should apologise, but most importantly, it should question the right-wing newspaper's intentions. The move might well have been intended to stir anti-Muslim sentiments. That is certainly not in favour of Denmark and its interests in the region. Its dairy products alone account for around $1 billion in this region. These interests could be easily jeopardised if both the newspaper and the government do not apologise for the horrendous mishap and ensure it will not be repeated.

http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/06/01/29/10014826.html

And if you ask me an apology is the best thing because the whole issue has only help divide people instead of bringing people together.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

last_chance said:
its more like being disrespectful to a religious faith.
its fuckign satire you idiot. Do yuo have a cry every mornign when u see a caricature of john howard in the newspapers?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

This is a the differnce between a christian and a muslim. You draw a cartoon about jesus , a fundementalist christian will get angry and maybe protest.

Draw a picture of muhammad and a fundementalist muslim will threaten to bomb and kill the creator. and destroy the whole building where it was made.

If i was that cartoonist i would take my stance on freedom of expression.
fuck this shit.

barberic . If they dotn like the freedom then can live under their own oppressive governement.

get_born

SashatheMan said:
its fuckign satire you idiot. Do yuo have a cry every mornign when u see a caricature of john howard in the newspapers?
John Howard isn't a prophet you idiot!

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

last_chance said:
John Howard isn't a prophet you idiot!
still a prime minister.\

what about the virgin mary with her breasts shown. do u see christians threatening to bomb someone?

get_born

SashatheMan said:
This is a the differnce between a christian and a muslim. You draw a cartoon about jesus , a fundementalist christian will get angry and maybe protest.

Draw a picture of muhammad and a fundementalist muslim will threaten to bomb and kill the creator. and destroy the whole building where it was made.

If i was that cartoonist i would take my stance on freedom of expression.
fuck this shit.

barberic . If they dotn like the freedom then can live under their own oppressive governement.
If that was even the slightest bit true muslims wouldn't have bothered to deal with the issue through a proposal to the UN and the boycott and besides the issue is over now. There was an apology -> apology accepted...and thats that.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

last_chance said:
If that was even the slightest bit true muslims wouldn't have bothered to deal with the issue through a proposal to the UN and the boycott and besides the issue is over now. There was an apology -> apology accepted...and thats that.
yeh but they were forced into an apology becuase of the deadly threat the muslims made. the governemnt made the cartoonist apologise, not from their free will.

get_born

SashatheMan said:
still a prime minister.\

what about the virgin mary with her breasts shown. do u see christians threatening to bomb someone?
No i dont. And when I said in an earlier post about the bomb thing - i said there was no accurate source - making it a rumour probably started by someone. And you know what amazes me the most is how many are focusing on the rumour and trying to act all defensive and trying to make an issue over something that may not be true, instead of focusing on the proper way they dealt with the situation. It doesn't matter if you do something properly or not - it seems some people's attitude's to religion never change.

get_born

SashatheMan said:
yeh but they were forced into an apology becuase of the deadly threat the muslims made. the governemnt made the cartoonist apologise, not from their free will.
how is boycotting deadly?

OMG I'm not gonna buy cheese - hang me!

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

last_chance said:
No i dont. And when I said in an earlier post about the bomb thing - i said there was no accurate source - making it a rumour probably started by someone. And you know what amazes me the most is how many are focusing on the rumour and trying to act all defensive and trying to make an issue over something that may not be true, instead of focusing on the proper way they dealt with the situation. It doesn't matter if you do something properly or not - it seems some people's attitude's to religion never change.
its not a fucking rumour

Jyllands-Posten was also included on an al-Qaeda website listing possible terrorist targets. An organisation which calls itself “The Glorious Brigades in Northern Europe” is circulating pictures on the internet which show bombs exploding over pictures of the newspaper and blood flowing over the national flag of Denmark. “The Mujahedeen have numerous targets in Denmark – very soon you all will regret this,” the website says.
Islam is no laughing matter. The Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten is being protected by security guards and several cartoonists have gone into hiding after the newspaper published a series of twelve cartoons (see them all here, halfway the article) about the prophet Muhammad. According to the Islam it is blasphemous to make images of the prophet. Muslim fundamentalists have threatened to bomb the paper’s offices and kill the cartoonists.
where does it say rumour?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)