Multiple choice answers (1 Viewer)

JAM91

HSC
Induced current opposes motion of conductor, so palm points the opposite direction of motion. fingers point into page, as the field is into the page. that makes your thumb point to the right. but, current is opposite direction of electrons, so electrons go the the left, to side P. that makes the answer A, at least by my working...
umm mate hate to point it out but if u got the force down the page and the field in to the page and your thumb points to the right you used the wrong hand HAHAHAHA

tanuwidge

HSC
5 is c. By the formula for gravitational attraction the earth doesn't affect the force. The distance between the sun and moon is still the same

Ostentatious

jfK1c45g2f4Of56Eyd4f57cxZ
HSC
umm mate hate to point it out but if u got the force down the page and the field in to the page and your thumb points to the right you used the wrong hand HAHAHAHA
I think he meant current.

00iCon

HSC
Or you could use the right right hand (geddit?) and just say electrons flow opposite to your thumb. Duh???

Ostentatious

HSC
5 is c. By the formula for gravitational attraction the earth doesn't affect the force. The distance between the sun and moon is still the same
By the formula for gravitational attraction the Sun affects the force. Hence, it is B, as the distance between the sun and the moon has increased.

Ostentatious

HSC
If anyone can tell me EXACTLY which direction the force is, I may be able to help. Otherwise, I interpreted the thin conductor as a medium for eddy currents XP

tanuwidge

HSC
Waahhh. Nothing moved though.. It's just that there is earth between the sun and moon isn't it...

JAM91

HSC
Or you could use the right right hand (geddit?) and just say electrons flow opposite to your thumb. Duh???
exactly but the thing is he said his thumb pointed to the left (used his left hand) but then said that the electrons would flow to the other side??? that makes no sense hes got the right answer then switched sides

Ostentatious

HSC
Waahhh. Nothing moved though.. It's just that there is earth between the sun and moon isn't it...
Sure, the Earth moves between the sun and the moon but at the same time the moon is orbiting the earth because it is a natural satellite lol. That may be where you're a bit confused.

Think about if it was a solar eclipse (I think this is an alright analogy), then the moon would have experienced a greater force due to the sun.

6tgyuio

HSC
question is about the wire, was there a force indicated downwards, or a velocity? if velocity then lenz's law applies

Ostentatious

HSC
question is about the wire, was there a force indicated downwards, or a velocity? if velocity then lenz's law applies
If you're talking about Q9 (it referred to a thin conductor, so I'm not sure), then there was a velocity indicated down the page.

Ostentatious

HSC
real men write with their right hand,
real men wank with their right hand,
real men should do Q 9 with their right hand

QUestion never said anything about induced current but?
Yes, but if you find the conventional current, the electrons will be concentrated on the opposite side of the conductor.

There's also the case of whether or not eddy currents are formed, which people seem to keep ignoring me about xD

Also, what about the poor physics ladies xD

Monsterman

HSC
Whats the answer for 5?
I've read the whole thread.. and its kind of mixed..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)