Music Class(s) of 2005... (1 Viewer)

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
rofl really jazzy one? clarinet or trumpet? im pretty sure it was neither, :p there wern't any clari pieces at Encore and the only trumpet one was at the start i think....
saxophone u mean?? :p

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
Morning Glory said:
LOL i cant remember.
yeh prob was saxophone. but i did like it!
prolly was sax :) 1 sax player and rhythm section would have been Anthropology by Parker, if it was 4 sax players then that would have been the sax quartet piece was was awesome :)

oh and alex... you could always try out Freedom Now Suite by Max Roach (i think thats it) or something from it?? caus im sure they'd love it, its crazy :D

Eslyssa

HSC
1)What instrument(s) do u play? - I play flute, alto flute, piano, and piccolo, but I'm only using flute and alto flute for the HSC

2)What Course do u do? - Music 2 and Extension all the way!

3)What elective are u gonna do? - Performance

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Jazz Man Tim said:
prolly was sax :) 1 sax player and rhythm section would have been Anthropology by Parker, if it was 4 sax players then that would have been the sax quartet piece was was awesome :)
I am most definietely thinking of the sax quartet - thanks for reminding me!

JoeysBoy

HSC
Jazz Man Tim said:
but yes, the Kiama vocal group was nuts and the 2 asian pianists brothers who played tarrentalla (sp) or something, were just amazing....
I know its a little biased, tho the Cellist in Encore was nuts! I loved her. It was a pity people kept talking! I was one of the loudest cheerers when the "SHUTUP YOU GIMP!" floated across the Opera house hall. Ahhh... and they really did shutup! That was the best part...

Kiama was good, though it was somehow really cliche, tho I dunno where to classify it, tho their pitch was great! The drone bass boy was awesome =) Good on them for doing it... its something I could never do =)

Good on the two brothers for doing that. Must take a lot of guts!

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
biased caus you play cello?
i loved the Cellist, i thought she was really amazing :) even though i don't play cello lol, chick in my class does, and she was like wO :p

yea <3 drone bass :D

brassedoff

HSC
ujuphleg said:
I play Oboe and to my knowledge, I was the only oboist in the state, but I'm sure there were more out there that I just didn't know of.
There was one in Coffs

brassedoff

HSC
Trumpet
Music 2 and ext
comp for M2 and perf for ext. (4 pieces is enough, thankyouverymuch)

like_a_rose

like_a_rose
HSC
JoeysBoy said:
I know its a little biased, tho the Cellist in Encore was nuts! I loved her. It was a pity people kept talking! I was one of the loudest cheerers when the "SHUTUP YOU GIMP!" floated across the Opera house hall. Ahhh... and they really did shutup! That was the best part...

lol, i remember that. were u sitting near the ppl who kept talking? i was on the floor towards the right and it was so annoying, the cellist was so good. i personally love the cello but i think i'm too short to play it. oh well

languidbuterfly

HSC
N/A
1) I'm a flautist (please don't shoot me or make any American Pie references....) and Irish Flute... haha
2) Music II and Extension
3) Performance (additional topic: 1900 - 1945)

A.

tverd

i) Piano/keyboards, so i've prolly got lots of competition hehe
ii) Music 1
iii) performance x 4

prolly doing instrument and rep -a sibelius piece called 'valse triste'+'Cordoba' by Albeniz, 20th&21st -Billy Joel's 'new york state of mind' with bass and drums and here's my dilemma: Theatre music -a song from the secret garden with me playing the full orchestral backing on a keyboard or two OR music and technology -'Jordan Rudess Keyboard Solo' off dreamtheater's live scenes from new york album. Could be fun, i just can't get the music for it, and i don't even think jordan rudess himself could transcribe that, it's insane! :S Anyway, i'm leaning towards secret garden cause i'm MDing it in august anyway, so should know it. Any ideas ppl??

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
1) drums and trombone
2) music 1
3) either 2 vivas and 2 performances, or 1 viva and 3 performances

my teacher is funky and we are doing topics such as 'pop music' and 'music of the 20th century' so that basically leaves my prac pieces open to anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)