Muslim headscarves (1 Viewer)

moogie101

HSC
SashatheMan said:
No hence your claim of muhammad being the final prophet is incorrect, and its just as like for soemone else to say they are the next true prophet
He is a descendent of the prophet Muhammad, from the offspring of Muhammad's daughter, Fatimah. That does not make him a prophet.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
moogie101 said:
He is a descendent of the prophet Muhammad, from the offspring of Muhammad's daughter, Fatimah. That does not make him a prophet.
what are u talking about.

i said if muhammad can barge in and make a claim that the other prophets have preached stuff thats corrupt, when his own mesages are corrupt ie interpetations to create lots of terrorists. that means its likely that another person can just claim he is the real and new prophet.

googooloo

HSC
SashatheMan said:
extremists and suicide bombers are the result of a corrupted islamic religion. therefore a new prophet is needed, someone who can provide revelations that are not prone to interpretations of people martyring themselves in shopping malls.

Did you watch the thing on American propaganda and the neoconservatives last night, if you did you wouldn't be saying islam is a corupted religion, only people corrupt themselves, and use the religion they know as an excuse. You should watch "THE MESSAGE", about the prophet Muhammad. Then you will see how it is not corrupt, eithr that or do some proper research about silam that isn't from anti-sialmic websites.

P.s. GO VETERAN DOGGY!

Muhammad said he was the last, no more, therefore no more. Jesus forsaw a new prophet coming, even the jews in arabia knew this Muhammad was the next prophet because of the prophies they knew, by the description of the man, and of what he would od they knew it was him.

googooloo

HSC
SashatheMan said:
what are u talking about.

i said if muhammad can barge in and make a claim that the other prophets have preached stuff thats corrupt, when his own mesages are corrupt ie interpetations to create lots of terrorists. that means its likely that another person can just claim he is the real and new prophet.

Muhammad didn' say they preached corrupt things. "People turned it, changed it and forgot it" (quote from "THE MESSAGE"). They preached good, they preached well, adn the other prophets were right, not wrong. It was like I said, people then after hte prophets were gone, changed that message, turned it into something it was not, or forgot hte message, meaning its alteration was easy; therefore the people made it corrupt. But this is the wasy of the human, they are greedy, selfish, andcorrupt themselves becuase it seems easier than following truth (SAiton whispera in your ear, making a forbidden thign seem enticing.) Humans are quite weak you know.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
googooloo said:
Did you watch the thing on American propaganda and the neoconservatives last night, if you did you wouldn't be saying islam is a corupted religion, only people corrupt themselves, and use the religion they know as an excuse. You should watch "THE MESSAGE", about the prophet Muhammad. Then you will see how it is not corrupt, eithr that or do some proper research about silam that isn't from anti-sialmic websites.

P.s. GO VETERAN DOGGY!

Muhammad said he was the last, no more, therefore no more. Jesus forsaw a new prophet coming, even the jews in arabia knew this Muhammad was the next prophet because of the prophies they knew, by the description of the man, and of what he would od they knew it was him.
1. Because its on tv it must be true? Remember how tv told you buddhism was the largest religion in the world? :rolleyes:
2. Wouldnt a pro website be just as biased as an anti website? Just because someone is anti religion doesnt mean what they are saying is false.
3. Where did Jesus say another prophet was coming?

googooloo

HSC
acmilan said:
1. Because its on tv it must be true? Remember how tv told you buddhism was the largest religion in the world? :rolleyes:
I don't believe I said tv told me that. So all docos are false? Everyoen knows the USA is bullshitting everyone. So this doco seemed highly authentic and true. It explains rationally eveythign wrong at the moemnt and why...damn neoconservatives!

acmilan said:
2. Wouldnt a pro website be just as biased as an anti website? Just because someone is anti religion doesnt mean what they are saying is false.
No. I didn't say go to a pro islam one. YOu can easily find non bias websites it's not that difficult, you go to one that is jsut information, and nothign more i would suspect that would do it.

If you are anti-religion, you are likely to take a sceptical look at teh religion being discussed, and view it in bad light are you note? Beucase youa lready have these pre-concieved notions in your head=religon is bad adn whatever is said about it it will always be bad:teacher:

acmilan said:
It's been discussed in the bible somewhere, do not ask me exactly I do not know right now I can find it though, if you give me time. It has been pointed out before by many scholars, and such blah blah, not really none bias.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
acmilan said:
Here's something I came across:

[size=+1]Biblical Prophecies About Muhammad (PBUH)*[/size]

There are many prophecies of the coming of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) in the Bible; both in the book of the Old Testament and the book of the New Testament. The Qur’an tells us about this fact in surat As-Saff. Almighty Allah says: [And when Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of Israel ! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah unto you, confirming that which was (revealed) before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger who cometh after me, whose name is the Praised One. Yet when be hath come unto them with clear proofs, they say: This is mere magic.] (As-Saff 61: 6)

“There are many citations in the Bible prophesying the coming of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him). All of Isaiah chapter 42 stands out as an obvious reference to Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) as a Messenger of Allah. This chapter describes him as a "light to the Gentiles." While Jesus repeatedly says, "I was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel " (See Matthew 15:24 , 5:17 -18, and 10:5-6) It is only Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon both of him) that was sent as a Messenger for all of mankind (Jews and Gentiles).

Isaiah 42 makes a reference to this "servant of the Lord" as coming from the land of Kedar . It is important to note that Kedar was the second son of Ishmael, a forefather of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him). One of the most striking prophecies of Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) stand clear in Isaiah 21:‘“An oracle concerning Arabia: You caravans of Dedanites, who camp in the thickets of Arabia , bring water to the thirsty; you who live in Tema, bring food for the fugitives. They flee from the sword, from the drawn sword, from the bent bow and from the heat of battle. This is what the Lord says to me: "Within one year, as a servant bound by contract would count it, all the pomp of Kedar will come to an end. The survivors of the bowmen, the warriors of Kedar will be few.’ The Lord, the God of Israel, has spoken.”(Isaiah 21:13-17)

This prophecy takes place in Arabia, the land of Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him). The "fugitives" in this case are the Prophet and his faithful Companions (may Allah be pleased with them). They fled from Makkah, leaving when Muhammad’s house was surrounded by the Quraish, drawn swords in hand. He fled to Madinah, peacefully acquired converts numbering upwards of ten thousand. Muhammad returned to fight the great Battle of Badr, in which the idolatrous Quraish, "the pomp of Kedar", suffered a crushing defeat. To this day, no Christian or Jewish Biblical scholar can generate an historic event that fits this prophecy.

Yet another prophecy of Muhammad, similar to this one, occurs in Deuteronomy 33:1-2: “And this is the blessing, where Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death. And he said, the Lord came from Sinai, and rose up from Se’ir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran , and he came with ten thousand saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them.”

The Lord coming from Sinai alludes to Moses and "[rising] up from Se’ir" refers to Jesus (peace be upon both of them), as the place of his birth was called Se’ir. The prophet who "shined forth from mount Paran " can be none other than Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him). Paran is the ancient name of the region of Arabia where the children of Ishmael settled. In Arabic, Paran is "Farran", which actually refers to Makkah and literally means "two refugees." It appears as though this took its name from Hagar and Ishmael (peace be upon them both) who went to this region as refugees when Ishmael was still young. And of course, coming with ten thousand saints, or holy men, descending upon Makkah, bearing a fiery law (the Glorious Qur’an) is an unmistakable reference to Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him.

Another reference to the Prophet is given by Jesus, where Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is referred to as the "Counselor" and the "Spirit of Truth". Jesus says:“But I tell you the truth. It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.” (John 16:7)

“I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of Truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you.”
(John 16:12-14)

Since Jesus (peace be upon him) indicates that the Counselor will not come unless Jesus himself, leaves, it is virtually impossible for the Counselor to be the Holy Ghost, as some Christian scholars contend. The Holy Ghost occurs in Scripture before, during, and after Jesus’ life, so it cannot be that Jesus must leave for the Holy Ghost to arrive. It is already there. Similar to the "prophet like Moses" in Deuteronomy 18, this Counselor "will speak only what he hears."Through the Qur’an, the final revelation of Allah, and through the Sunnah, Muhammad is the one to guide us "into all truth."And both the Qur’an and Hadith tell us "what is yet to come." As for glorifying Jesus, Allah tells us in 3:56 that the Qur’an clears Jesus of the lies and speculation surrounding his life and his death.

There are a number of remaining references to Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) in the Bible, one where he is even mentioned by name in the original Hebrew (Song of Songs 5:9-16)!"Cheeko mame tah kim, vechulo Mohamadim."This means "His language is most sweet, and he is Muhammad." In the English translations of the Bible, Muhammad's name is translated as "altogether lovely".”

* Based on: http://etori.tripod.com/last-mssgr.html

Source: http://www.islamonline.net/English/In_Depth/mohamed/1424/kharitah/article25.shtml

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
googooloo said:

in that case what the previous prophets said still should be correct and followed by muslims, becuase it was only the people who corrupted past prophet revelations.

Last edited:

googooloo

HSC
SashatheMan said:
in that case what the previous prophets said still should be correct and followed by muslims, becuase it was only the people who corrupted past prophet revelations.
But you see that is so. Like the 10 commandments.
But all those messages are retold to us by theLast Messenger of Allah(SWT).
If Muslims thought all the other prophets were corrupt why would they believe in them?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
googooloo said:
But you see that is so. Like the 10 commandments.
But all those messages are retold to us by theLast Messenger of Allah(SWT).
If Muslims thought all the other prophets were corrupt why would they believe in them?
i never said muslim people think the other prophets are corrupt. i said you think that the messages from previous prophets were corrupted by people, similar to the way muhammads messages are corrupted by people in this century. and since muhammad was sent down becuase the previous messages were corrupted by people, and now his own messages have become corrupt, it must only mean that another prophet is due to fix up these corrupt people .

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
googooloo said:
P.s. GO VETERAN DOGGY!
ummm, thanks!
acmilan said:
i dont know where it is, but he speaks of a "comforter" and from what i've heard he mentions the name "ahmad" which has been taken to be "muhammad", but dont quote me on that.
sashatheman said:
we believe that what the prophets said were true, we disbelieve in what the people have done to the bible/torah.
sashatheman said:
and since muhammad was sent down becuase the previous messages were corrupted by people, and now his own messages have become corrupt, it must only mean that another prophet is due to fix up these corrupt people .
his message hasnt been corrupted, the people have misinterpreted it. if you remember way back, we told you that allah will protect it from tamper. and he has, hence it being unchanged since the prophet's time.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
googooloo... I believe if you explained your 'reasons for belief' to most psychiatrists you would be labelled as insane and given heavy medication.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
his message hasnt been corrupted, the people have misinterpreted it. if you remember way back, we told you that allah will protect it from tamper. and he has, hence it being unchanged since the prophet's time.
so why weren't the past messages protected by allah? why would allah let previous prophet on earth knowing that they will fail.

its basicaly saying that allah is not all great becuase he cant even succeed in sending a prophet that will have a perminent message, he had to have a few tries.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i ahve a question about hajibs. Is the only reason why women wear it , so that they dont reveal themselves to men? or is there another reason?

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i ahve a question about hajibs. Is the only reason why women wear it , so that they dont reveal themselves to men? or is there another reason?
hmm, i forgot about this question for some reason, but i found this from a website. i dont remember which one, since i copied it onto notepad just before i tuned my computer off, but i got it off google
Muslim women wear the hijab for modesty, for respect and to fulfil their way of life, Islam. The hijab allows women to be judged on their intellect rather than their appearance…
so that could possibly mean that hijabs also remove judgements made by looks instead of intellect. not to say that all judgements are made by looks, only that it reduces these types of judgements.

basically, it helps keep their modesty, reduce temptations, and of course, fulfil their obligations to allah.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I'd say let them keep wearing the hijab--it isn't harming anyone and yeah, banning would only incite more racial tension. This is particularly in light of the Cronulla incident, which escalated yesterday. This shows racism is still a deep cut in Aussie society, and banning any form of religious expression, including wearing the hijab, wearing a cross, or a Jewish headcap (I dunno the name of that, sorry), etc, would just make it worse. I would've thought the author would've understood that, since she's in the minority here, as a Jew.

googooloo

HSC
The hijab in no way offensive ot society, especially to australian society, or defying anyone as Bishop says. It improves society, with the whole intellectual aspect coming into it, ya know?

It's everyone living together with their own beliefs, let them represent their religion as is required upon them by the gods of thier beliefs, or thier own morals.

The end.

Calling calling...stand alone...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
googooloo said:
The hijab in no way offensive ot society, especially to australian society, or defying anyone as Bishop says. It improves society, with the whole intellectual aspect coming into it, ya know?

It's everyone living together with their own beliefs, let them represent their religion as is required upon them by the gods of thier beliefs, or thier own morals.

The end.

Based on the arguments I've seen from you I hardly think you're contributing anything intellectual to society.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
googooloo said:

The end.

maybe the hajib makes you talk to animals, makes you think the quran deflects bullets and that god helped your mum change her mind and allowing u to real a cloth on your head..................

very intellectual

ahsia

The hijab

For the purpose of equality, everyone should convert to Islam.

I can imagine your reaction to that statement: "Why should I?" "Who are you to tell me to convert to Islam?" etc.

Isn't Australia supposed to be a free country? Nobody has the right to enforce religion on anyone. Neither should their right to practice their religion be taken away. However, since Australia is meant to be a free country, you have the right to your own opinion.

The assumption of the hijab being a sign of female oppression is totally false. The hijab is a symbol of humility and respect. It is for the protection of women, and is definitely not imposed on them, however strongly encouraged. In no way does it restrict women from developing their talents and skills, and excelling in their studies and/or careers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)