Muslim headscarves (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
soha have you even read the link you posted.? i dought you have its like 50 pages long. dont post shit yuo havent read yourself

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
SashatheMan said:
soha have you even read the link you posted.? i dought you have its like 50 pages long. dont post shit yuo havent read yourself
sasaha...dont you dare tell me not to post stuff i havent read
fuck you moron..i have read it...it was bookmarked for your information...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
There are decent arguments for polygamy, but can you direct me to an argument as to why males should be allowed more than 1 partner and not females?

edit: nevermind i found it. I disagree completely with it and it is the weakest argument (other than the other religious references) on that entire website (that i have read).

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
soha said:
umm no..there has always been an overwhelming amount of more women to men in the world since day one
i dont give a flying fuck if you disagree...its what has been presented to me as true
Although fewer females than males are born (the ratio is around 1:1.05), women are more common in the adult population (about a 1.04:1 ratio).

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women.

But then again you don't give a shit about facts, as you said, you only believe what your religious leaders tell you :rolleyes:

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
There are decent arguments for polygamy, but can you direct me to an argument as to why males should be allowed more than 1 partner and not females?

edit: nevermind i found it. I disagree completely with it and it is the weakest argument (other than the other religious references) on that entire website (that i have read).
i dont have any links, but i remember somewere saying that a man would be able to handle 4 wives, whereas a woman cant handle 4 husbands.

kind of like imagining how a woman would make it out of a situation where each husband wants 2 kids.... very tiring, if not dangerous to her health.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Islam did not introduce polygamy. Unrestricted polygamy was practiced in most human societies throughout the world in every age. Islam regulated polygamy by limiting the number of wives and establishing responsibility in its practice.

Men created polygamous because of a need in human society. There is normally a surplus of women in most human societies.1 The surplus is a result of men dying in wars, violent crimes and women outliving men

Feminists may object to this male right by insisting that women should also be able to practice polygamy. However, a woman marrying four husbands would only increase the problem of surplus women. Furthermore, no child would accept his or her mother identifying the father by the “eeny meeny miney mo” method. The question which remains is, “If God is good and wishes good for His creatures, why did he legislate something which would be harmful to most women?”

http://www.bilalphilips.com/abouthim/artic04a.htm

Riqtay

Assistant Member
HSC
Polygamy is allowed in Islam in certain situations only. For example after a war situation where the ratio of men to women is severly disturbed, men are allowed to marry up to 4 wives to keep the decency and nobility of society and at the same time allow the human species to copulate under proper conditions (ie under the pure institution of marriage).

Polygamy is not allowed for a man to satiate their sexual desires, rather it is allowed only if the man can handle up to 4 wives and treat them equally under certain situations ie post war situations.

The argument concerning why women cannot have up to 4 husbands is very simple to answer. Women and men are equal but they are built differently. Men cannot have babies and arn't prone to menstruation etc and thus don't have any setbacks when it comes to providing for a family etc. It is physically much harder for a woman to control up to 4 spouses than it is for a man, although it isn't that easy for men either.

The question here is not about equality, rather it is the roles which are borne out of the physical attributes of humans. I will repeat again WOMEN AND MEN ARE EQUAL BUT ARE BUILT DIFFERENTLY.

Also, I find it astounding that people who are agianst polygamy are not agianst people having multiple partners or defacto relationships which involve more than one partner.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
soha said:
Islam did not introduce polygamy. Unrestricted polygamy was practiced in most human societies throughout the world in every age. Islam regulated polygamy by limiting the number of wives and establishing responsibility in its practice.

Men created polygamous because of a need in human society. There is normally a surplus of women in most human societies.1 The surplus is a result of men dying in wars, violent crimes and women outliving men

Feminists may object to this male right by insisting that women should also be able to practice polygamy. However, a woman marrying four husbands would only increase the problem of surplus women. Furthermore, no child would accept his or her mother identifying the father by the “eeny meeny miney mo” method. The question which remains is, “If God is good and wishes good for His creatures, why did he legislate something which would be harmful to most women?”

http://www.bilalphilips.com/abouthim/artic04a.htm
Please read my post.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
cia factbook on sudan.. said:
at birth: 1.05 male(s)/female
under 15 years: 1.04 male(s)/female
15-64 years: 1 male(s)/female
65 years and over: 1.18 male(s)/female
total population: 1.02 male(s)/female (2005 est.)
I don't buy the whole normally a surplus of women argument, while women may be seen as much more useless by some societies if we consider both sexes equally useful I don't see a surplus at all.

Lets look at Sudan, this is a war-torn crazy country.... yet there are more males than females.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Riqtay said:
Also, I find it astounding that people who are agianst polygamy are not agianst people having multiple partners or defacto relationships which involve more than one partner.
whos not against multiple partners at the same time or defacto relationships with more then one partner? who said they support it?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Difference between multiple partner relationships and muslim polygamy

- Women can also have multiple partners.
- It is not about procreation, more-so it is about pleasure.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
I don't buy the whole normally a surplus of women argument, while women may be seen as much more useless by some societies if we consider both sexes equally useful I don't see a surplus at all.

Lets look at Sudan, this is a war-torn crazy country.... yet there are more males than females.
Exactly. Its not like everytime there is a war, all the women roam the streets with out a male insight. And not all women have to be partnered up with someone. some dont seek a relationship till later, which means there are still men for all the women are are looking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)