• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim Turbans trigger threat response by Average Aussies. (1 Viewer)

Zrap

glock9
HSC
lol @ airport security. They see someone with a turban on and they stare at them the whole time, and do a longer search on them and there luggage then anyone else.

lol @ soulplane

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
PwarYuex said:
I think that Australian racism stems from lack of understanding whereas South African racism stems from lack of tolerance.
This is essentially my point, so I'll leave it at that.

But born in SA? You get around. I haven't even left the country yet. :(

First order of business is visiting Iceland. After that it's Russia, then probably India.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
there's no way your average redneck strayan hates the muzzies or chinese as much as a serb hates a croat or albanian for example (they'd be too lazy to put that much effort into hating someone anyway)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Will Shakespear said:
Tolerant countries like Germany and Japan never had anyone as bad as Pauline Hanson in their government
lol

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Just ban chicky_pie. That's half the problem solved.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Slidey said:
Just ban chicky_pie. That's half the problem solved.
he's still got PrinceHarry and probably a dozen more accounts, whoever's behind that character (probalby ari) is a machine :D

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
99% of my friends are white and they don't seem to be intolerant or fail to understand me. :p

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
PwarYuex said:
The feeling's mutual, you deluded primate fuckwit.
Even your insults are of a higher class than mine. Seriously, you are quite classy. But that doesn't make your assertions any less retarded.

I didn't realise that we had many 'niggers' living here, so I suppose the answer would be 'I have no idea, what's your point?'
We sure do, stroll around Liverpool on a regular day, you'll see plenty of dark-skinned people. (Africans who've immigrated, etc.)

My point is as a muslim I don't believe there has been any one experience in my life which has led me to feel as though I've been targetted unfairly, in a way that has made me aware of racism, xenophobia or other such. We rat out everyone in Australia, but it's not to the point where one aussie wants to run over another. It's not to that extent as it is in other parts of the world.

I mean the most racist thing I've seen is probably being called "you fucking muslim!" as if it was an insult, after I bagged out this stupid chick. Or, perhaps it's the time a friend of mine barked at an anglo-saxon Australian "the dingo took mah babyyy".

If you call that racism... then you truly are a retard.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
sam04u said:
We sure do, stroll around Liverpool on a regular day, you'll see plenty of dark-skinned people. (Africans who've immigrated, etc.)

My point is as a muslim I don't believe there has been any one experience in my life which has led me to feel as though I've been targetted unfairly, in a way that has made me aware of racism, xenophobia or other such. We rat out everyone in Australia, but it's not to the point where one aussie wants to run over another. It's not to that extent as it is in other parts of the world.

I mean the most racist thing I've seen is probably being called "you fucking muslim!" as if it was an insult, after I bagged out this stupid chick. Or, perhaps it's the time a friend of mine barked at an anglo-saxon Australian "the dingo took mah babyyy".

If you call that racism... then you truly are a retard.
Minus the insults, I agree. Even for all my dislike of Islam as a tradition/religion, when it comes to reality (i.e. not the internet), a person's religion is the last thing on my mind when I'm tutoring them, making friends, whatever. If they fit into Australian society, or are trying to, I've no right to make their life hard, and that's generally the same attitude I see in the people around me.

Of course, I'd be the first person to tell somebody to go fuck themselves if they suggested Sharia law in Australia or something. But that's not too different from me antagonising the fundie Christians that try to convince me I'll burn in hell because I'm not their specific denomination of Christianity. I.e. when they are instead trying to change Australian society to fit them, I take issue.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Slidey said:
I've no right to make their life hard, and that's generally the same attitude I see in the people around me.
I agree with alot of what you're saying Slidey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)