Muslims trying to drive hindus out of Auburn (1 Viewer)

banco55

HSC
Behind-the-scenes talks are trying to put a stop to terrifying, violent attacks on a minority religious community, write Eamonn Duff and Natalie O'Brien.
IT BEGAN with minor acts of vandalism, including egg throwing and smashed windows, but instead of remaining periodic footnotes in the night log at Auburn police station, the incidents have grown so violent - and the issue so culturally sensitive - that even authorities are reluctant to speak about them publicly.

Australia's oldest Hindu temple, the Sri Mandir in Auburn, is under siege and its devotees gripped by fear.

On March 19, two men in balaclavas stood at the intersection of a nearby road, spraying the front of the prayer hall with eight rounds of bullets. The building was unoccupied at the time.
Advertisement: Story continues below

The busy Hindu temple opened in 1977. It is surrounded by a predominantly Muslim population and it is no secret among locals that tensions have been simmering in recent years, caused by concerns about noise and parking problems at Sri Mandir.

''There is no excuse [for the gun attack],'' the editor of Sydney newspaper The Indian, Rohit Revo, said.

''This was not the work of teenagers; neither was it a petty prank. This is part of a sustained and increasingly violent campaign to scare the temple devotees and drive them out. By definition, this latest attack was an act of terrorism.''

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/gunshots-prompt-prayers-for-peace-20110402-1cs8h.html

annagurl

HSC
N/A
What the hell?
From what I remember... Auburn was a very multiculturally diverse area, where asians and middle easterns could coexist. What is this fuckery?

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
awesome

im gonna join in to help then when we're done then we turn on the muslims and drive them out too

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
When I read two men in balaclavas stood on the intersection and started spraying, I kind of paused and thought to myself why spray paint something like that. Then I read 'with bullets'.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
When I read two men in balaclavas stood on the intersection and started spraying, I kind of paused and thought to myself why spray paint something like that. Then I read 'with bullets'.
I too thought spray paint at first when reading it also lol.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
i love when this thread is viewed from the main forum directory it just says muslims trying to drive

ahhh i cant fuckin see the road with this fuckin cloth on my face

sinophile

HSC
N/A
i dont see why lebs would hate indians

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
No mention of lebs anywhere. Auburn has lots of Muslim Arabs - more so than Lebs (Afghanis etc..)

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Auburn also has the best baclava you will ever have in your life D:

MysteryGenius

HSC
At first I thought 'hindus' was a car model... then it clicked

sinophile

HSC
N/A
No mention of lebs anywhere. Auburn has lots of Muslim Arabs - more so than Lebs (Afghanis etc..)
yeah i was sort of assuming most muslims in auburn were leb.

i noticed other kinds of arabs dont tend to be jackasses, just lebs. i only have anecdotal evidence e.g at my school two iraqis I knew were usually quiet and isolated, the afghans at my school were pretty friendly and liked playing handball, meanwhile there was this huge group of typical nike wearing lebos, well at least im pretty sure everyone in that group is lebo.

glache

HSC
N/A
^^Yeah I noticed that too. Apparently Lebs are considered the bad apples of the Arab world. I can believe that.

ibbi00

HSC
For all we know it could of been Sri Lankans aggravated by the results from the cricket game. LOL.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
it's almost as if muslims and hindus don't get on

stampede

doin it tuff
HSC
lol wat

firstly afghanis are not arab

secondly auburn the youth of auburn; teenage lebs, afghanis, turks and iraqis, all wear the same dri-fits, tns, and the stereotypical shit lebs wear.

in auburn its not just lebs who do shit/act the way theyre notoriously known to, its also the other races.

in itself though, auburn is a fucking shit hole.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
auburn is filled with the poor and religious miinorities

ugh

this is why I spend my time in the east

jewish enclave

rich people

not poor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)