MX2 difficulty... (1 Viewer)

lolokay

HSC
the only topic that will probably be at all difficult will be harder 3u

HSC
I can not wait for mechanics, its one of the 4 unit topics im really looking forward to =)
yeah mechanics is really good, probably my favourite topic along with integration
its really not as hard as people make it out to be
when are you doin 4 unit kurt??

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
when are you doin 4 unit kurt??
I am starting 4 unit in term 4, when year 12 starts. But i am starting to learn the 4 unit topics now - starting with graphs, then probably integration or volumes, then polynomials etc. By the time i officially start 4 unit i will probably have covered half or more of the course, so me and my teacher will just continue because i will be the only one in the class (this years year 11 cohort are really dumb, teachers claiming its probably one of the worst group to go through year 11!)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I am starting 4 unit in term 4, when year 12 starts. But i am starting to learn the 4 unit topics now - starting with graphs, then probably integration or volumes, then polynomials etc. By the time i officially start 4 unit i will probably have covered half or more of the course, so me and my teacher will just continue because i will be the only one in the class (this years year 11 cohort are really dumb, teachers claiming its probably one of the worst group to go through year 11!)
Wow that's like, one on one tutoring. You're really lucky then.
You might wanna do Complex Numbers first, as it's like the predecessor to Polynomials and such, and that everyone always does it first. Then go from there.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
Wow that's like, one on one tutoring. You're really lucky then.
You might wanna do Complex Numbers first, as it's like the predecessor to Polynomials and such, and that everyone always does it first. Then go from there.
yes, it is like one on one tutoring.... except its free!!!!

(re Complex numbers) Yeh, i though about it. I cannot see it as much a big problem, its just that i was worried that there were too many new concepts.... but that wont be a problem =)

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
(regarding Mechanics)

How hard is it really? Do yous think it is the hardest topic in 4 unit? Which do you think is the hardest?

I know my (future) extension 2 maths teacher finds it to be one of the tougher ones.

I mean, just reading a few pages of each topic in my text, I take one look at Conics and bolt!

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
The difficulty of 4U Maths is overrated. If you spend enough time and concentration on it, it's not that hard. However there ARE a few questions which WOULD take a lot of time, rendering them seemingly undoable

Kujah

HSC
N/A
(regarding Mechanics)

How hard is it really? Do yous think it is the hardest topic in 4 unit? Which do you think is the hardest?

I know my (future) extension 2 maths teacher finds it to be one of the tougher ones.

I mean, just reading a few pages of each topic in my text, I take one look at Conics and bolt!
prolly Harder 3u would be the hardest imo.

cyl123

HSC
Mechanics is NOT THAT HARD. Its very routine based and all you pretty much have to do for the questions is to equate forces horizontally and/or vertically. If you have a decent grasp of physics and algebraic skills, it should be very easy.

kevda1st

HSC
I don't see why you wouldn't give it ago, regardless of difficulty. You can always drop it if your finding it hard.

as for conics, by the time you do the HSC it probably wont be in the syllabus anymore.

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Conics is being removed from the syllabus...

or it might have been already?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)