My face (1 Viewer)

mahli

HSC
A dermatologist told me two treatments to effectively to manage mild acne:
1.) Isotretinoin- active chemical in Roaccutane - recognised for both freakishly clearing up skin and very scary potential side effects (no idea as to the legitimacy of the claims of such side effects)
2.) A combination of antibiotics (doxycycline is the most common, but effectiveness depends on the person- erythromycin worked best for me), a prescribed topical antibiotic/ anti-inflammatory and maintaining a clean face

Personally, I would recommend visiting your GP and talking to them about options if it's at a point where it's causing your distress.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Don't use proactiv, use this thing called:

I hear it's the male version.

HSC
N/A
Try Kora Organics (made by Miranda Kerr) or Trilogy face wash :) both are quite expensive but work very well and are organic!! so no nasty chemicals on your face!

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
hah will exfoliating help? my skin has improved since I started doing that. mainly got scars left yay

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
side effect: continued use may result in the love of your life eating your best friends face
You get the reference? Ohh, you sir, just went up 5000 notches in my book.

*sheds a tear*

Vidhya

HSC
I got on Roaccutane in 2008 for three-ish months and all I had to do extra was put on sunscreen (in didn't affect the dryness of my skin as extremely but my lips were super dry)

My skin's been much better since then and all the scarring etc is gone. I get the occasional pimple but dats lyf

Proactive is also good (relying on friend's experience) but you just need to be consistent while using it.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
I will stand any day as testament to pro active.

it is amazing. Any I think it costs about $60 for a cleanser, toner, lotion and refining mask

and that in it's self is pretty great value. Plus is lasts you a while.
I used to use benzac. Wanted to go onto proactiv but they stated that because the benzoic acid that I was using was stronger than the one used in proactiv, it wouldn't work on my face.
Riproot, have you tried erythromycin tablets?? Duac cream in the morning and retin A cream at night. Works like a charm. I used to be on that for 4 years but then my body gained immunity and I'm now on roaccutane, face is almost clear now. But def use erythromycin, its excellent

phuong14

HSC
try a cleanser with salyiac acid. pretty effective for pimples but the leaves the skin pretty dry. so gotta moisturise afterwards

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
try a cleanser with salyiac acid. pretty effective for pimples but the leaves the skin pretty dry. so gotta moisturise afterwards
Did you mean Salicylic Acid? Indeed it does work quite well.

irenefu

HSC
-http://www.exposedskincare.com/ worked for me :)
-better sleep
-try eat food as close to natural as possible
-change/wash your pillow case every week at least
-exercise & sweat it out
-avoid getting sunburnt , it makes your pimples worse
-avoid fashwashes which dry out your skin , because that will only make pimples worse
-don't pick at them

:)

SayWut

HSC
1) sleep routinely: 8 hours of sleep per night, making sure to go to sleep/wake up at the same time everyday
2) don't eat too much junk food
3) use facewash (biotherm) worked well for me but it's really expensive
4) doxycycline that bitch up(use it for at least a month).
source: I had the WORST POSSIBLE ACNE during highschool (like massive massive pimpes on my back and face) but following this for a month after hsc made it all go away

albeit it's back again since i've been slacking off recently but i'm going into a 15 day strict dieting period to make my face all sexy and shit for uni

jessxxr

HSC
you should try to drink around 2L of water a day! i've been doing this constantly for about a month now and i can seriously tell the difference, it cleanses you from the inside out! :)
also i was on roaccutane about 1 and a half years ago and it was the best thing i ever did for my skin in my opinion, if you do end up on it don't be worried about your skin drying out, just buy a good moisturiser! its worth it trust me

this is the cleanser i use, i think it is pretty damn good at keeping my skin looking decent, you should try it if nothing else seems to help http://www.avenuespharmacy.com.au/product-detail.php?id=14833

HSC
N/A
don't ask me how i know this but sometimes people get pimples because of germs which come off their phones, so it wouldn't hurt to wipe down your iphone/htc once in a while. if you get pimples mainly on one side this may be the underlying cause

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Lol, half the people in this thread a recommending things that riproot has to go to the doctor for without suggesting he try any of the over the counter stuff.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
you should try to drink around 2L of water a day! i've been doing this constantly for about a month now and i can seriously tell the difference, it cleanses you from the inside out! :)
also i was on roaccutane about 1 and a half years ago and it was the best thing i ever did for my skin in my opinion, if you do end up on it don't be worried about your skin drying out, just buy a good moisturiser! its worth it trust me

this is the cleanser i use, i think it is pretty damn good at keeping my skin looking decent, you should try it if nothing else seems to help http://www.avenuespharmacy.com.au/product-detail.php?id=14833
yeah I always drink heaps of water and I never got much pimples

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)