Myer Christmas Casual (1 Viewer)

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
omg apply now, you're not gonna get a position if you don't do your induction and all that. seriously just do it you won't regret it. after all it is just one day off.

oh god, I was actually going to enrol in a session just then but all of them are full
surely, they'll add more sessions in though since they're still hiring. righttt? :S

HSC
Uni Grad
oh god, I was actually going to enrol in a session just then but all of them are full
surely, they'll add more sessions in though since they're still hiring. righttt? :S
I hope so... well you should contact myer about it. And if you can leave it after the exams, then go ahead with it.

Zeroes

HSC
The application form was still up so I just applied... just in case it's not too late :p

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
How long do you usually have to wait between the interview and the reply because I did mine on the 5th and haven't got a reply yet. Friend did the same interview as me and got their reply on Monday. I reckon I'm fucked.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
when did you apply? D: my friend applied a while ago and they still have offered her an interview yet :(

anyway, doesn't it say give them at least one week to reply? I reckon it depends on which store you applied for as well. I got my offer pretty quickly but I think it took a while longer for 4025808
another one of my friends did their interview on the same as you but they haven't gotten a reply yet either

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
when did you apply? D: my friend applied a while ago and they still have offered her an interview yet :( anyway, doesn't it say give them at least one week to reply? I reckon it depends on which store you applied for as well. I got my offer pretty quickly but I think it took a while longer for 4025808 another one of my friends did their interview on the same as you but they haven't gotten a reply yet either
I applied like mid-September for the city store.

FrozenSky

HSC
Hmm I got an email saying that I have the right skill set blah blah.
I have waited a few days now, do you guys know when they will provide you with an offer?

FrozenSky

HSC
My preference list is City first, Hurstville second and Roseland third (hope i get either the first two x.x)

HSC
Uni Grad
My preference list is City first, Hurstville second and Roseland third (hope i get either the first two x.x)
So did you manage to get anything from Myer?

As for me, I just got called for a few shifts, one being on the 10th of November. AND FML THEY ASSIGNED ME TO LADIES SHOES =_=

Dafuq do I do now :S

Last edited:

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
WHAT'S IT LIKE?
do I have to remember all those safety procedures shiz? are there any quizzes?

Last edited:

HSC
Uni Grad
WHAT'S IT LIKE?
do I have to remember all those safety procedures shiz? are there any quizzes?
Yeah there is a quiz, and you need to score 85% to be considered competent. But even then its pretty easy to so and basically everyone gets at least 85% anyway

You'll learn all the safety procedures again anyway, so it should be okay.

FrozenSky

HSC
So did you manage to get anything from Myer?

As for me, I just got called for a few shifts, one being on the 10th of November. AND FML THEY ASSIGNED ME TO LADIES SHOES =_=

Dafuq do I do now :S
I've been waiting for 2 weeks and still nothing :/

I thought that email implied that I'm in already and that they are just trying to assign me to some store.

Ahh wells, I accepted a job at Cotton on though :3

H4lfD0ll4r

HSC
Myer place casuals wherever is required. Show them that you're willing to work hard and learn different aspects of the business for the most positive experience. It's a great opportunity to develop basic workplace skills.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
rejected them to work at the UNHCR, figured it would look better on my resume when trying to look for a real job

HSC
I attended a interview and about 1 or 2 weeks later i got the email i have the required skill set etc. and to wait for a position. But its been a few months i haven't gotten anything, i called them and they said just wait..

I applied again on the national campaign but it was automatically 'in consideration' (for about 2 months maybe) and i don't have to do the interview again.

What does this mean? I got success at interview but it means others were better than me or? And i can't do it again so..

About my availability, i picked a lot of departments, stores and made sure to make myself available almost 24/7..

Someone can give me advice on this?

Will i get an offer in easter?

tutorhunt

HSC
N/A
I attended a interview and about 1 or 2 weeks later i got the email i have the required skill set etc. and to wait for a position. But its been a few months i haven't gotten anything, i called them and they said just wait..

I applied again on the national campaign but it was automatically 'in consideration' (for about 2 months maybe) and i don't have to do the interview again.

What does this mean? I got success at interview but it means others were better than me or? And i can't do it again so..

About my availability, i picked a lot of departments, stores and made sure to make myself available almost 24/7..

Someone can give me advice on this?

Will i get an offer in easter?
When I applied, I got the job in the next week, and started training the week after. I guess it depends on your store, but seriously in this time of year, there are already WAY too many casuals at most myer stores. Most of them get 0 shifts, if they run out of casuals, they will pick up new casuals, which is not likely unless it's christmas or july. I got a part-time job at vodafone straight after tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)