Need advice about maths class :S (1 Viewer)

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I have started mathematics advanced and mathematics extension 1 this year. I am at a school where the teachers are not very good and they use the most basic text book for the courses (maths in focus). To give some context, the highest score in mathematics advanced last year (in the HSC) was 88!

What should i do!

bored.of.u

HSC
Hi,

I have started mathematics advanced and mathematics extension 1 this year. I am at a school where the teachers are not very good and they use the most basic text book for the courses (maths in focus). To give some context, the highest score in mathematics advanced last year (in the HSC) was 88!

What should i do!
get fitzpatrick and cambridge and start off with them =D

TBK11

HSC
yep id say the same Cambridge and Fitzi also Understanding year 11 mathematics 2 and 3unit and important facts and forumlae for yr11 2 and 3unit will help if u forget something u can chek up on them but wtever u do DONT GET EXCEL for maths i got 1 excel book for maths from my friends and i cant Find the Answers Lol

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
I do have both of them and so i will do that. I have about 6 or 7 free's and no other HSC/Prelim classes so should i learnt it in my frees?

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Lyounamu has been banned. Like the above posters, just get Fitzpatrick or some other good textbook and study.

chichichip

chichichichichichichi....
HSC
Kurt, why do you have frees? Aren't you in year 10?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

What should i do!
Yes, indeed. Kurt. Physics aren't you an accelerant in maths, you shouldn't exactly have 'free' periods :p

And, I'm sure you will achieve higher than 88 for HSC mathematics, after all you're an early accelerant and from other posts, it certainly looks like you know your stuff :D

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
Kurt, why do you have frees? Aren't you in year 10?
yes, i am in year 10 and have frees!!!!

See, the year 11 maths classes (adv and ext 1) happen to be when i have certain optional topics such as commerce or IT, and also, my years year 10 maths class is run on a different time (line if you will), so i have free when i have maths as well as 3 extra 75 minute frees for some of the optional topics that year 11 is not on.

Woot woot for frees!

Although, when i start (if my school can do it) HSC advanced mathematics in a few weeks, I will have a little less frees :(

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
It's clear that I have been un-banned. :)
It's strange how sometimes random people get banned. I'm just curious and would like to know for what reason you can be banned for? I'm sure it's not for swearing or being mean because heaps of people do that already and I don't think anything happens to them. :confused:

lou071

HSC
N/A
Hi,

What should i do!
get a good text book like the above posts said.
and if you need help, maybe getting a private tutor is good idea.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)