• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Need advice; should i repeat 2 unit? please help ! (1 Viewer)

Anna Doan

HSC
ive accelerated in maths 2 unit in my preliminary year
and received an ok 86.
id like some advice regarding whether i should repeat the course or not
im currently studying 12 units in total so the 86 may not count
please help me
i suck at deciding :p

sannous1

HSC
omg are you serious 86 is excellent, why repeat the course again seriously not worth it , okay u've did the course, maybe u would do better or maybe u'd get lower, then what? it'd be boring re doing something uve already did if you really think about it. Up to you Goodluck

assiduous

HSC
I'd probably do it again but are you saying 12 units with 2 unit maths included or not?
If it's part of the 12 units then yes. If not then omg 14 units no way!!!

the eye eht

HSC
N/A
C'mon, they are some of the easier 2 units that you get to do.
Do it again.

stampede

doin it tuff
HSC
what atar are you aimin for and what subjects are you doing

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Don't listen to the guys who haven't finished their HSC yet. I hate it when '10ers give shit advice.

No, you clearly should not repeat. Capitalise on your accelerated 2-unit knowledge and pick 3-unit or 4-unit (if you like it).

There is no guarantee that you'll do better in 2-unit the second time around. In fact, i'll wager its almost guaranteed you'll be bored out of your mind and will drop it. Its a motivational liability. You might even do worse.

Anna Doan

HSC
what atar are you aimin for and what subjects are you doing
hello :p
this is my first time using bos and im so surprised at how many replies you get overnight ! thanks for the advice :D:D

im currently doing
advanced eng
maths 3 unit
studies of religion 1
economics
geography
and chemistry

so a pretty weird combination of subjects hehe
im aiming for an atar of 90 to get into a health science course at sydney uni
but id like to aim for the best i can do :p
a lot of my teachers have encouraged me to redo 2 unit but its so much effort to redo
lol im lazy :S

MetroMattums

HSC
Do 3U Maths. You can do it if you can get an 86 in 2U Maths in year 11. :)

mioumiou

HSC
stick to it, you ll regret it later if you repeat
+1

this is my first time using bos and im so surprised at how many replies you get overnight ! thanks for the advice

im currently doing
advanced eng
maths 3 unit
studies of religion 1
economics
geography
and chemistry

a lot of my teachers have encouraged me to redo 2 unit but its so much effort to redo
Welcome to BOS!! Anyway, I think you should not redo 2 Unit maths. Keep it! Don't waste you're times too much worrying, but those combination of subjects are quite interesting though. =P

Anyway, good luck with you're studies and I hope you'll achieve the result that you want! :spin:

Cowbell

HSC
While I suspect this was an orchestrated opportunity for you to tell everyone your accelerated maths score, I'll contribute and say keep it. Not having those extra units will be glorious.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Repeat. Same thing happened to peeps who accelerated my grade - they wanted band 6s and fell a bit short.

They repeated after i explained to them that going though it a 2nd time will be a breeze. And when i mean breeze, i mean absolutely breeze. One HSC/trial paper every 2/3/4 weeks until up to the HSC will be more than enough to revise/solidify your knowledge.

The peeps that repeated didn't study until before exams and they ALL got band 6s. Unless you're an idiot, you'll get a band 6 if you repeat.

If you're doing 3u, you'll find 2u even easier and will probably not need to do any 2U until a few weeks before exams.

If your school is stupid and makes you go to 2u classes, just sit and the back and do homework of other subjects. I do hope your school is sane enough though not to make you do that and you'll just sit in a random 2U class when it's exam time :)

Seriously, repeat as 12 units isn't much work anyway especially if 2 of those units are units you're repeating.

Of course if you plan to do 4U and are going to stick to 4U no matter not, there's no need to repeat :)

If you don't plan to take my advice, so be it. But you'll always wonder whether or not you would've gotten any higher if you did take it :p

Matt2233

HSC
While I suspect this was an orchestrated opportunity for you to tell everyone your accelerated maths score, I'll contribute and say keep it. Not having those extra units will be glorious.
umm no.

Troll harder.

Cowbell

HSC
umm no.

Troll harder.
You don't really know what trolling is, do you?

What I said was my opinion. If I had said "maths is a bad subject" I would have been trolling.

Trolling isn't just any post you don't agree with. You're a bit of a mess.

Matt2233

HSC
You don't really know what trolling is, do you?

What I said was my opinion. If I had said "maths is a bad subject" I would have been trolling.

Trolling isn't just any post you don't agree with. You're a bit of a mess.
I was referring to what you said about the OP bragging, believe it or not, not everyone who asks for advice and posts their marks is as egotistical as you are.

stampede

doin it tuff
HSC
this is my first time using bos and im so surprised at how many replies you get overnight ! thanks for the advice :D:D

im currently doing
advanced eng
maths 3 unit
studies of religion 1
economics
geography
and chemistry

lol, imo, ur doing too many subjects honestly, but if you still wana do em all, redo 2unit maths, a revision hsc paper every week or 2 will be more than enough to keep you on track, and youll be much better off in the long run.. ok?

Schoey93

HSC
and received an ok 86.
please help me
I wouldn't repeat the course. I want a band 6 but I would be happy to achieve a high band 5. Unless you cheated (unlikely), you are obviously good at maths. You could take the HSC extension 1 course this year, or if you don't want 2 Unit to count take both the Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2 courses. If it was a choice I had to make, I would not repeat Mathematics, but I would sit for the HSC MX1 examination.

Good luck! Do what you will enjoy! Do you want to re-learn concepts you already understand or do you want to spend more time on learning new concepts and practising new skills in MX1? It's up to you.

Anna Doan

HSC
Repeat. Same thing happened to peeps who accelerated my grade - they wanted band 6s and fell a bit short.

They repeated after i explained to them that going though it a 2nd time will be a breeze. And when i mean breeze, i mean absolutely breeze. One HSC/trial paper every 2/3/4 weeks until up to the HSC will be more than enough to revise/solidify your knowledge.

The peeps that repeated didn't study until before exams and they ALL got band 6s. Unless you're an idiot, you'll get a band 6 if you repeat.

If you're doing 3u, you'll find 2u even easier and will probably not need to do any 2U until a few weeks before exams.

If your school is stupid and makes you go to 2u classes, just sit and the back and do homework of other subjects. I do hope your school is sane enough though not to make you do that and you'll just sit in a random 2U class when it's exam time :)

Seriously, repeat as 12 units isn't much work anyway especially if 2 of those units are units you're repeating.

Of course if you plan to do 4U and are going to stick to 4U no matter not, there's no need to repeat :)

If you don't plan to take my advice, so be it. But you'll always wonder whether or not you would've gotten any higher if you did take it :p
LOL correct me if im wrong, but i think we go to the same school! LOL
dont you go to cerdon college? hehe
i spoke to you yesterday haha
yeah im so indecisive its killing me
right now though, im opting towards keeping it and trying hard in my other subjects
but ill take your advice on board
ohh and CONGRATULATIONG ON BEING DUX!!
you deserved it ;)
and if this isnt who i think you are
sorry lol

shaon0

HSC
and received an ok 86.
please help me
yeah, repeat it. This time you know most of the stuff just clarify more of the theory and practice a lot of papers. Then you could get 95 or so for 2unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)