Nerdy and blonde mistakes? (1 Viewer)

sirpoopalot7

HSC
Not me, but someone in our chem lab left the ammonia lid off. Our lab pretty much no ventilation. Everyone had headaches and someone fainted.

That prac was assessed in our trials, our teacher gave people extra marks for answers along the line of "Use in well ventilated area" and "Ensure lid is secure when finished using ammonia"

For me in y10 history, looking at some context stuff our teacher asked for some Australian music around that time. I said ABBA was an Australian band, meaning to say ACDC.

flaminwaffle

HSC
My friend once wrote that Japan became communist in his school cert. Funnily enough, he was actually being serious.

jotdan

HSC
goddamn german naturalists; plague of humanity!
goddam germans indeed

My dads a HSC marker, and he told me about the introduction of one essay that he marked one year

BTW THE TEXT WAS A PLAY

"I didnt watch the movie, or read the book, but im gonna try and do this essay anyway!"

not quite a blond or nerdy thing, but still AHHAHAHHA DUMBASS

(it got a 3/20)

tetrisam

HSC
goddam germans indeed

My dads a HSC marker, and he told me about the introduction of one essay that he marked one year

BTW THE TEXT WAS A PLAY

"I didnt watch the movie, or read the book, but im gonna try and do this essay anyway!"

not quite a blond or nerdy thing, but still AHHAHAHHA DUMBASS

(it got a 3/20)
i noe its off topic, but im curious to learn more about ur dad (ok that was creepy), eg, does he still mark? and can he mark this year when ur doing ur hsc?

jotdan

HSC
i noe its off topic, but im curious to learn more about ur dad (ok that was creepy), eg, does he still mark? and can he mark this year when ur doing ur hsc?

Yeah he still marks, but he marks standard English only and i do 4u so no chance he will mark mine

you think thats creepy? He teaches at my school with my mum- we're the happy little canley vale family T_T FML

nosh22

HSC
When we were first introduced to redox in chem, I struggled to understand how reduction meant GAIN of electrons...

Klutsov

HSC
I am constantly getting directions wrong (in AH and Maths I am constantly saying 'left. I mean the other left')

I have a habit of changing a + or - sign around in maths

appletoa

HSC
Well, my class has done a few stupid things (maybe not exactly nerdy or blonde, but oh well). For example, in Chemistry alone we have had:

1. Mercury spilt all over the floor (one guy was holding the bottle and decided that you would see it better if the bottle was upside down- unfortunately the glass stopper came out, along with about half the mercury)

2. Possibly poisonous gas: we'd gone and done indicator testing with a whole lot of things-of course choosing stuff we thought would be quite potent- and a couple of the guys decided to put everything together and see what happened. Apparently it smelt like pool chlorine and produced a burning feeling.

3. We were doing something basic with bunsens, but there were some transformers left out from a previous prac. One guy decided to light his bunsen with electricity intead of matches, so he was standing there for 30 seconds to a minute with the gas running while trying to light the thing by sparking some wires over it. Unfortunately for him our teacher came in, saw what was happening and went right off at him.

And no, I'm not the guy who did these things.

Sodium offered some good opportunities for mistakes too, but I'm not saying how.

imalda

HSC
It was when I was in year 10 in History. Speech topic - Public War.

Read my calm cards as a usual year 10 would do.

Pronounced Public into the 'Pubic War'

FML
ur awesome XDDDD but i know how that feels. bio in year 11: bacteria are microscopic orgasms *headdesk* and what makes it even more *headdesk* worthy is the fact that this has been done sooooooooo many times that its been parodied on so many tv shows T_T

posey-rose

The lost member
HSC
i had a friend who kept on saying orgasm instead of oraganism... quite hilarious,

my science teacher asked our class (this was like year 8) why birds regurgitate food for their young.

me: because baby birds dont have any teeth yet.

tetrisam

HSC
Yeah he still marks, but he marks standard English only and i do 4u so no chance he will mark mine

you think thats creepy? He teaches at my school with my mum- we're the happy little canley vale family T_T FML
That is sooo awkward!! im sure u avoid them at all costs lol cos i would

tetrisam

HSC
My pd teacher asked us:
Why do u think they are trying to track down workers who used to work in asbestos factories?

ME: Oh! cos asbestos is a carcinogen and cancer is a national health priority area

He gave me this wtf look

Personally, i thought i was correct but the response said otherwise.

lolliepop2

HSC
When I'm stressed I read numbers backwards or make the simplest mistakes with maths. For example a number given was 92 and I wrote it down as 29 so my working out was right but my answer was wrong. :mad1:

Blaz-357

HSC
llol i drew Ozone with 10 electrons..around one oxygen atom...

itchi

HSC
Well this is one that can be seen as shooting myself in the foot.

Final exam

Aiming for Band 6 Gen maths. Finish with an hour to spare (dont ask)
so i went over the answers i missed, stupid mistakes etc..
FInish feeling awsome, did everythin pretty well besides one.

Walk out first feeling great, checked everythign confident and then a mate sais "How hard was that dice question". my stomach drops and i reply "...what dice question".
Skipped out the entire half of Question 28 as i did not realise there was a page printed on the back of the exam...
boo

shady145

Banned
HSC
first test in mathematics Yr 11 3x3=3... i was rationaliseing the denominator and this was part of an expansion =/

Stephie-Rae

HSC
Yesterday in the chem exam, i forgot how to draw ethanol, it took me about 5 minutes to work it out, it was just one of those times my brain decided to stop working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)