Nerdy and blonde mistakes? (1 Viewer)

Blaz-357

HSC
LOL, i was trying to teach my 3u class how to do this really hard trig question, and i got all the trig bits and rules rite but then i did...-3+1 = 2 haha oh wellz

Stephie-Rae

HSC
LOL, i was trying to teach my 3u class how to do this really hard trig question, and i got all the trig bits and rules rite but then i did...-3+1 = 2 haha oh wellz
haha, i hate when that happens, it's one thing when you make those stupid mistakes doing your own questions, but it's so much worse when you're teaching someone how to do something and you make one of those errors, you can just see the 'maybe i shouldn't be asking them for help' look on their face haha

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Well this is one that can be seen as shooting myself in the foot.

Final exam

Aiming for Band 6 Gen maths. Finish with an hour to spare (dont ask)
so i went over the answers i missed, stupid mistakes etc..
FInish feeling awsome, did everythin pretty well besides one.

Walk out first feeling great, checked everythign confident and then a mate sais "How hard was that dice question". my stomach drops and i reply "...what dice question".
Skipped out the entire half of Question 28 as i did not realise there was a page printed on the back of the exam...
boo
Heh, I did that in the School Certificate non-calculator. Completely missed the back page and it was worth 3 marks or something.
And I ended up getting 87 for maths *sigh*.

Rosalily

HSC
In the modern hsc i wrote that ho chi minh was born in 1980 (instead of 1890) twice. Thank god that was the only essay i got around to checking.

Also once i had to give a speech on the intermediate touch footy team at assembly but called it the intimate team the whole time.

Btw, i am blonde so i guess its not that surprising.

RockRoyalty

HSC
N/A
Haha in my yearly SOR exam I basically wrote that Jesus' story is found in the Old Testament in my otherwise good essay, but I think that ruined it all by making me sound like an idiot.

Amidst all the stress I somehow reversed new with old and don't even know how I did it, oddest thing in my life getting it back with a low mark for that detail! It was like question mark x 3 around that sentence.

Eesh granted the penalty by a catholic girls school.

stevemasters

HSC
i have done this - writing proper ganda instead of propaganda, i didnt know, i was young and hopeless

Last edited:

posey-rose

The lost member
HSC
throughout my ext one exam i kept writing excavation instead of investigation... and then i would have to remember that investigation doesnt start with an e.

zarni2

HSC
yeah i imagine spelling 'English' wrong on the front of my writing booklet 2 weeks ago wont leave a good impression with my markers

lemonandlime

HSC
Missed an easy 3 mark question on the last page of my IPT HSC exam... even though I had read it in the 5 min reading time! *cringe*

iiinsane02

HSC
Yeah he still marks, but he marks standard English only and i do 4u so no chance he will mark mine

you think thats creepy? He teaches at my school with my mum- we're the happy little canley vale family T_T FML
God, I love being your peer! I get to tease you every time your parents walk by.

spammy679

MLIA
HSC
1+1 = 1 :angry:
i dunno what happened that day but i felt suicidal
why would you make that mistake lol such a shame

eloxquence

HSC
fell asleep in year 8 history exam, missed out half the exam but still managed to pass somehow.

year 10 science, for some reason spelt emergence umegrency and got a lovely big ? from the teacher.

however there are funnier stories, a whole group of people managed to convince one girl that there was such a thing as a 'left angled' triangle.

PenguinOfDeath

HSC
3. We were doing something basic with bunsens, but there were some transformers left out from a previous prac. One guy decided to light his bunsen with electricity intead of matches, so he was standing there for 30 seconds to a minute with the gas running while trying to light the thing by sparking some wires over it. Unfortunately for him our teacher came in, saw what was happening and went right off at him.

someone did this in my yr 7 science class... he used a power pack to light the bunsen, on its highest voltage... result was hilarious!
our teacher almost cried

katastrophe

HSC
i hated radians... it was a completely new process i had to keep remembering pi equals 180 degrees not 3.14...
if that's the worst, you're doing pretty well
i announced to my maths c [similar to maths ext?] class that "wow! pi is like half a pie! so two pi is a whole pie!" which made total sense in my head, but when you say it out loud, it sounds absolutely ridiculous and confusing.

more blondly, a friend of mine fell asleep in class and hurriedly copied down all the notes at the end of the lesson. what she hadn't noticed was that in the half hour after the notes had been written, another girl had messed with the them, changing things like "Use Pascal's triangle to eliminate" to "Use pretty triangle to exterminate". two other girls borrowed these notes to copy too, then asked her to explain them -- and she tried. finally they gave up and asked our teacher to explain them ... and she's never lived it down since.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)