Nintendo DS or PSP?? (1 Viewer)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
does the P2P have like an adaptor feature, where you just plug it into a powerpoint and not drain battery power? That would half-reconcile the battery problem (although sort of defeats the point of it being handheld :/).

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
If the PSP's graphics are superior than the PS2 graphics, it's smart marketing sense to make a 3D GTA game on the PSP.

But it isn't more powerful. I don't know why anyone would think so.

Again, graphics do matter, as much as you like to deny it. Atmosphere can be built on graphics, even gameplay can depend on graphics.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I clearly remember an Asian making a post here claiming that the PSP is more powerful than the PS2. (Refer to post 59)

There needs to be a fine balance between graphics and gameplay. Having better graphics at the expense of battery life will drag down the gameplay immeasurably (assuming graphical quality is related to battery consumption).

Graphics isn't the only basis for atmosphere. Immersion is achieved through the combination of audio, visual, and gameplay; and the effective allocation of resources to each (especially on a handheld).

Last edited:

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
I clearly remember an Asian making a post here claiming that the PSP is more powerful than the PS2. (Refer to post 59)
He is wrong.. very very wrong.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
Komaticom said:
and u believed it???

like all sony's stuff theres alot of hype, but nintendo has the track record, they own this market, and i dont think is goin 2 change, not 4 now at least

DS still has my money

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
i hope that in future they could giv u the option when ur battery is fully used up that u could simply plug ur handheld console in the powerpoint and run it purely from there without batteries and actually for that matter for otha things such as ipods, etc...I used to remember my old gameboy being able to do that

Last edited:

Nguyen

taco man said:
i hope that in future they could giv u the option when ur battery is fully used up that u could simply plug ur handheld console in the powerpoint and run it purely from there without batteries and actually for that matter for otha things such as ipods, etc...I used to remember my old gameboy being able to do that
Pretty sure the PSP can be plugged into the power point and be played like that.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
mAD!!!!

:)

Dicksmith Electronics have DS for 195 dollars plus the value pack thingy free :)

Maybe If i get it from David Jones staff discounted, it will be about $190 =)

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
Graphics isn't the only basis for atmosphere. Immersion is achieved through the combination of audio, visual, and gameplay; and the effective allocation of resources to each (especially on a handheld).

I never said that. I said "atmosphere CAN be built on graphics".

The issue is the belittling of graphics all together. I would like to see anyone in this day and age be immersed by a shoddy looking game.

Look at games like MGS2, the completely uninspiring gameplay was overshadowed by the immense use of sound and graphics, so much so it is rated as one of the best games on PS2. In reality this is only due to its technical merits and production.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
DS Deal at Toyr are Us $300

Hmm,

i wonder if its worth it. U get a DS, 2 games of ur choice, a starter pack which includes car charger and so on. U also get 5 x $5 dollar discount vouchers for games.

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
well I think im gonna go for the PSP, looks like a killer performer

B35tY

HSC
Does anyone know how much games r gonna be on DS? I heard $60-70.

Also, is it true that you only need one game cartridge to host a 16 player multiplayer game on DS???

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Yep, games are prolly 60 to 70 dollars at MAX and imported stuff is about 80 dollars max.

www.quantronics.com.au in parra sells DS and PSP stuff now

www.burn.com.au has some cheap DS stuff u can buy (US version)

and YES, multiplayer games are so kool, u only need one catridge.

I cant wait for my DS on the 24th

blackbunny

HSC
PSP will poop all over DS. cant wait for nintendo to die like sega in hardware market

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
blackbunny said:
PSP will poop all over DS. cant wait for nintendo to die like sega in hardware market
hahahahaha

aint goin 2 happen, not 4 some time at least

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Bone577 said:
I never said that. I said "atmosphere CAN be built on graphics".

The issue is the belittling of graphics all together. I would like to see anyone in this day and age be immersed by a shoddy looking game.

Look at games like MGS2, the completely uninspiring gameplay was overshadowed by the immense use of sound and graphics, so much so it is rated as one of the best games on PS2. In reality this is only due to its technical merits and production.

WTF - The GTA games look like shit. They are filled with graphical glitches, poor character models, frame rate drops and pop up yet they are still widely loved.

Graphics dont win over gameplay. Look at Doom 3 for a perfect example of that. Its usually the reverse - the most played game online today is Half Life and its mods.

Last edited:

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
taco man said:
You can do that with an iPod. I think nearly anything that connects to a power source for recharge can be run from it.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
I read from some other forum place that some guy has succesfully emulated the DS games. Like WTF. That's not gonna stop people from buying a DS. Emulation means u need at least to bring a chunky laptop with you. + Multiplayer wifi wont be there either. there will be no stylus and touch screen.

B35tY

HSC
dude, that would totally defeat the purpose....

Anyhoo, i got my DS 2day! Was gonna get a game, but was $10 short... bummer.

But that demo, man that's more than enough for the moment. I can't wait to take it to skool 2morrow.

Graphics : great
Gameplay : Excellent
Touch Screen : CLumsy at first but kick ass!

It's a big thumbs-up from me

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
lol i was at the shops today and in target they had a DSP on display and there were all these little 10 year old kiddies crowded around it, i'm not kidding there was a full line up to play with it lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)