No school, no job, no worries, say kids (1 Viewer)

zstar

HSC
N/A
These white kids are sure lucky.

Try asking an Asian parent that you want to bum around and live off them, They'll murder you 10 times over right after they've tortured you.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
People from school (that either left at the end of yr 10 or are deferring a yr before uni) are doing fuck all, still bumming around, haven't moved on... Whilst they've been doing i've been working 55-70 hours/weeks for 8 months in a field that i want to enter after uni (currently deferring a year also, BEngineering next year), got a scholarship for excellence in construction, learnt an absolute tonne.

Some people really are a waste of fresh air. Btw, i don't have a grudge on these people, some are actually kinda friends.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
well im assuming engineering at unsw had a reasonable UAI cut-off which means that a. he is intelligent and b. he is capable of studying his ass off. and yes, even though hsc subjects are considerably easier than uni subjects, if you had nothing else going on in your life except uni and pumping weights every sunday then you would be able to get some decent marks, which leads me to believe he is not working hard

*impeccable
Your a fuckwit, obviously you have no idea what kind of contact hours engineering degrees entail and how much study, assessments and preparation that goes into it. If he pumps weights on a sunday that may be relexation time, release from all the follies of university.
He lives at home = not as much need for money as someone who lives on college etc.

Your narrow thought process leads me to believe your quite a dull person

yer8899

HSC
Your a fuckwit, obviously you have no idea what kind of contact hours engineering degrees entail and how much study, assessments and preparation that goes into it. If he pumps weights on a sunday that may be relexation time, release from all the follies of university.
He lives at home = not as much need for money as someone who lives on college etc.

Your narrow thought process leads me to believe your quite a dull person
as a matter of fact i do. my brother is currently undertaking a full time engineering degree and also has a job on weekends. and funnily enough, he is sitting on a credit average. im sure he is the first engineering student in the history of engineering degrees that has been able to hold down a casual job. and if omie is the standard for all engineering students (is failing without even having a casual job/any other commitments), then how has anyone ever graduated the degree?
and refering to him living at home; so you condone mooching off your parents whilst you sit around doing shit all? how about you stop making excuses for him you softcock. clearly he isnt working hard enough and his procrastination time (bos) could be better spent working

and yes mr psychologist, from carefully reviewing my posts in this thread, i to have come to the conclusion that i am quite a dull person due to my narrow thought process. brilliant analytical work indeed

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i am well aware that i am a massive bludger, but what separates me from those kids is that, even tho i might not be going to well, i still am in the process of attaining a tertiary education, while those kids have no job AND no school.

So um... lets stop talking about me :eek:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
So? It's still uni. Its better than doing absolutely nothing. And you dont have to be working really hard, just hardly working is still working.
Failing and dropping out of uni is worse than doing nothing.

Studying degrees that are non-vocation orientated (e.g. arts), if you don't plan to later develop career skills or aggressively market yourself to employers, and there is anything else you'd rather be spending ~$20'000+ and three years of your life on, is worse than doing nothing.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Failing and dropping out of uni is worse than doing nothing.

Studying degrees that are non-vocation orientated (e.g. arts), if you don't plan to later develop career skills or aggressively market yourself to employers, and there is anything else you'd rather be spending ~$20'000+ and three years of your life on, is worse than doing nothing.
Lol are you serious? I had no idea you were so anti-human! Education is an end in itself imo. You dont have to swallow the corporate bs which sees it soley as a means to an end, or an extension of the consumer society which demands a 'burger degree' which is easy, fast and provides for later material needs. I dont view business or profit as a valid standard of assessing human worth - as if our only value in life is the material value we can represent to major corporations. What a sterile, cold and atheistic way to view life and the world in general, comrade!

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Lol are you serious? I had no idea you were so anti-human! Education is an end in itself imo. You dont have to swallow the corporate bs which sees it soley as a means to an end, or an extension of the consumer society which demands a 'burger degree' which is easy, fast and provides for later material needs. I dont view business or profit as a valid standard of assessing human worth - as if our only value in life is the material value we can represent to major corporations. What a sterile, cold and atheistic way to view life and the world in general, comrade!
and there is anything else you'd rather be spending ~$20'000+ and three years of your life on

Educating yourself for non-vocational reasons (and indeed free of formalised instruction in an institution, instead following your own free and personal education) is surely the greatest education.

If you love studying arts, more than anything else in the world that costs $20'000 and three years, then that is fantastic.

With my pro-welfare fraud views and sympathy for slackers
graney said:
I do not understand what is wrong with spending your days studying skating.
You couldn't have drawn a weirder conclusion.

lol at atheistic view.

I'm a post-modern loser, with the meaninglessness that comes of godlessness, if I speak in favor of pluralism and the ability for individuals to create their own meaning and be happy through diverse ends.

But when I'm interpreted as advocating an absolute good in work and economy, the lack of god has left me a sad shell of a man.

I guess there's many ways to a sterile cold life.

Ben.Civiletti said:
Graney is your argument partly trying to justify you dropping out of your course?
That's a bit of a personal question. But if you must, I only stopped going due to cessation of parental support. I'm still enrolled. I would very much want to go back next year, were I financially able. I'll likely go back in a few years time when I am able.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
and there is anything else you'd rather be spending ~$20'000+ and three years of your life on

Educating yourself for non-vocational reasons (and indeed free of formalised instruction in an institution, instead following your own free and personal education) is surely the greatest education.

If you love studying arts, more than anything else in the world that costs $20'000 and three years, then that is fantastic.

With my pro-welfare fraud views and sympathy for slackers

You couldn't have drawn a weirder conclusion.

lol at atheistic view.

I'm a post-modern loser, with the meaninglessness that comes of godlessness, if I speak in favor of pluralism and the ability for individuals to create their own meaning and be happy through diverse ends.

But when I'm interpreted as advocating an absolute good in work and economy, the lack of god has left me a sad shell of a man.

I guess there's many ways to a sterile cold life.

That's a bit of a personal question. But if you must, I only stopped going due to cessation of parental support. I'm still enrolled. I would very much want to go back next year, were I financially able. I'll likely go back in a few years time when I am able.
Haha, but to be fair you were clearly saying that if youre not preparing yourself for well-paid work, then youre 'wasting your life'. I found this hostile to artistic endevours which dont necessarily entail monetary rewards, but rather bestow a spiritual nourishment which is just as important as material needs, imo.

But, erm, i'm glad you contradict yourself elsewhere!

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
as a matter of fact i do. my brother is currently undertaking a full time engineering degree and also has a job on weekends. and funnily enough, he is sitting on a credit average. im sure he is the first engineering student in the history of engineering degrees that has been able to hold down a casual job. and if omie is the standard for all engineering students (is failing without even having a casual job/any other commitments), then how has anyone ever graduated the degree?
and refering to him living at home; so you condone mooching off your parents whilst you sit around doing shit all? how about you stop making excuses for him you softcock. clearly he isnt working hard enough and his procrastination time (bos) could be better spent working

and yes mr psychologist, from carefully reviewing my posts in this thread, i to have come to the conclusion that i am quite a dull person due to my narrow thought process. brilliant analytical work indeed
Look...We're not all as good as you and your brother. How do you know your brother couldn't be sitting on a HD average if he didn't have casual work? He may not be reaching his full potential, at a time in which your results may mean the diff b/w a position and no position. Don't just say because your brother can do it anyone can.

Secondly, surely you would agree that if you live at home whilst attending university (especially in a capital city where you don't really need a car), living expenses are going to be much much less. If your parents consider the level at which your achieving satisfactory, and are trying to support you ( ie. give you some money) so that you don't need a casual job and can maintain your standard of result then why not?

Omie (or others, sorry omie im trying to exclude your name from this disagreement) differ from these degenerates in that he's studying at a tertiary level (and a degree which is very time consuming), they are the ones doing fuck all. Most of these people don't know what there doing for the future, no goals. Engineers, on the other hand, are one of the most sought after people, so theres plenty of time for jobs after they graduate.

I suppose i don't know you so i retract calling you "dull" & apologise but jeez...

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
Fuck it.

If their parents are happy enough to, and financially able to fund their useless brats, and if they're not impacting on us in anyway, let them.
Aye.

They're only setting themselves back, but whatever.
I'm 21. I only just got my first real job recently (Macca's in year 11 doesn't count). I get paid $24 an hour, and I now have more money than I know what to do with.

I don't see how I was setting myself back by not getting a job earlier and enjoying life instead. :p

baby_femme

HSC
No school, no job, no worries, say kids?

I hear a lot of this!!! How about the future?

No school, No work and NO SUPPORT from PARENTS or the worst 'NO PARENTS AT ALL'?

Own experiences taught me a lot!!! I lost both of my parents, got pregnant, jobless, with a jobless BF and the worst things happen that i never imagined. (However, the only good thing is that I got a degree) yet, wasn't trained for anything... Now, that I do have work, and realized what I did, ( was really a mistake, but never would I regret the time i have my baby it's the only blessing i got after all). I hope it won't be late for those kids to realize how important Education is.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
yeah i blem my parents for most things too

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
No school, no job, no worries, say kids?

I hear a lot of this!!! How about the future?

No school, No work and NO SUPPORT from PARENTS or the worst 'NO PARENTS AT ALL'?

Own experiences taught me a lot!!! I lost both of my parents, got pregnant, jobless, with a jobless BF and the worst things happen that i never imagined. (However, the only good thing is that I got a degree) yet, wasn't trained for anything... Now, that I do have work, and realized what I did, ( was really a mistake, but never would I regret the time i have my baby it's the only blessing i got after all). I hope it won't be late for those kids to realize how important Education is.
i hope you never post again

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
We dont have our chats anymore Yasser :(
used to be so close

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Lazy fucks. I was pulling 25 hours a week at my old part-time job during Year 12 and still managed to have a social life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)