• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Non-Selective Government Schools (1 Viewer)

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
lol..at our school, whoever rushes to the teacher's table first gets the best books, u gotta be quick!
but the thing about top student receiving help after class is quite true, although it usually depends on the teacher

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
at my school, if youre willing to ask for extra help it'll be given no matter who you are. its just that the less academic students dont care as much so dont ask for extra help

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
lol i had some thinking i was smart hahaha and i was actually using difficult euphemisms for every word i could think of ahhh gullible gullible teachers...

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
Hmm.. thats like dishing those out to their faces, dont people feel intimidated and violated cos some students are more favoured than others? Personally i think its wrong, because everyone should be given exactly the same resources no matter who they are.

At our school, which is also a goverment school, randomly gives out the resources. So if you are lucky then you'll get a better quality book/text. also, if you wanted additional resources you've gotta ask them individually. i think thats fair, since you asked for it.

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Well I was never a top student - however most of teachers have given up their spear time to go over course work/exam work with me. Had a biology teacher in yr 11 who gave up her entire lunch time just to explain all things that was listed in our exam study sheet. Pretty good teahcer, not only that she congratulated me on my B+ which I achieved on the Semester 1 yr12 bio exam. Just my experience...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
at my skool, its more like teachers are willing to help ppl. who wanna take it seriously.....as for text books- its the survival of the fittest who gets the best text books. LoL

J0n

N/A
HSC
I did find though, that in our math class, our teacher would give extra all the material to the students who got better marks -particularly the top student.
Also in chemistry, the teacher will always make sure that the top student understands before going on, but she kind of has an excuse cause we have the 'hardcore koreans' who wag half the lessons, and the fobs who study math while she's talking about chemistry.:D

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by tammer
at my school, if youre willing to ask for extra help it'll be given no matter who you are. its just that the less academic students dont care as much so dont ask for extra help
well said. that is very true

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
same here. :D

J0n

N/A
HSC
Yeah, that's usually true, but sometimes students just suck up to the teacher and will get extra resources - sometimes even if they aren't the top student.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by J0n
Yeah, that's usually true, but sometimes students just suck up to the teacher and will get extra resources - sometimes even if they aren't the top student.
well, sometimes students suck up to no avail. :D

J0n

N/A
HSC
Yeah, sometimes students suck up and get told to shut up. :D

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
no, u get bashed up by the other students for being a "teachers pet". :D
Never happened to me. Maybe me being like the typical nerd image helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)