Non Uws people in UWS forum (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
LaraB, you bloody ROCK.
Couldn't have said it better.
Except while you said you didn't want to name names, i definitely would have !! I know exactly who those anti-uws wankers are, and they seriously need to be put in their place :mad:

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
waf, it's pretty obvious.
see "uws is shit" & "wish i was here" threads.
more specifically, Shuter.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Cape said:
omg! The university DOES NOT want to become rich - it's mission statement is to provide teritary education to anyone who wants it, which is why it has been trying to reduce costs.

As for the international students, you will be surprised how many international students there are at UWS. Last year alone, there was 10 in my course (and my course only has 50 people in it). I can't remember the exact figures, but there were heaps of international students. Natstar might know though, I remember reading something she posted about international students somewhere.
This seems rather naive. UWS is not a non-profit organisation. Of course they'd like to make money. Most companies don't have "We want to becaome rich." in their mission statements, does that mean that they're not interested in making money?

Chang

HSC
I have a good solution to this problem. U non-uws people just never come back in this forum. Also i prefer UWS over UTS/UNSW/USYD because on trains to my campus(campbelltown) im guranteed a seat on the train. Also, UTS looks like a multi-level jail only missing the barbed wires, and once i start driving to uni it would be much easier to get to my campus than any of those unis in the city. I also dont have to go to class surrounded by overseas international students who r just paying for their degrees. And, the fact that it is fairly green down there in campbelltown which makes it easy on the eyes.

The only thing i have to critize about my uni is that we dont get a bus concession and the gym is such a long walk across campus T_T

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Chang - we do get a bus concession. Which bus company are you talking about?

If its the private buses, you need to see the company or get a form from the student centre. If its state transit (government buses) the concession is on your student card.

Chang

HSC
on our student ID cards, the concession is for cityrail. I asked the bus driver (he works for westbus)

debugz

HSC
Chang said:
I have a good solution to this problem. U non-uws people just never come back in this forum. Also i prefer UWS over UTS/UNSW/USYD because on trains to my campus(campbelltown) im guranteed a seat on the train. Also, UTS looks like a multi-level jail only missing the barbed wires, and once i start driving to uni it would be much easier to get to my campus than any of those unis in the city. I also dont have to go to class surrounded by overseas international students who r just paying for their degrees. And, the fact that it is fairly green down there in campbelltown which makes it easy on the eyes.

The only thing i have to critize about my uni is that we dont get a bus concession and the gym is such a long walk across campus T_T
rofl.. thats such a nice fairytale... wd.. you idiot :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The sticker on our card covers city rail, buses and the ferries (anything in the government sector). If your wanting a westbus concession, you need a piece of paper from the student centre, then you have to give it to the company.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Chang said:
Also i prefer UWS over UTS/UNSW/USYD because on trains to my campus(campbelltown) im guranteed a seat on the train.
Good reasoning, fucktard.

L

LaraB

Cape said:
Well said, agree completely. Reps for you :)

I do respect everyones opinion here, but saying that UWS is a bad uni for whatever the reason is unexceptable and particulary when you do not know all the facts - I can't tolerate it.

Like LaraB said criticism helps a uni grow. But only useful criticism does, not the "uws is a crap uni cause of whatever" but more of the internal criticism.

LaraB feel free to whinge whenever you want to :)
haha lol - a lil advice - never give me free rrange to whinge :p

debugz

HSC
far out that sounds like a fun course, withoutaface
(looks in your sig) ;)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
debugz said:
far out that sounds like a fun course, withoutaface
(looks in your sig) ;)
Not many others will let you build a satellite in 4th year:D

L

LaraB

Korn said:
Ppl saying that "UWS is a crap uni for (input reason)" is useful criticism, it sates the problem and then as it is identified it can be fixed, ppl just saying UWS is shit without reasons, is a problem
i a gree, as long as there are some kind of facts to back it up and they are valid..

by this i mean, you know, someone who says "UWS is a crap uni because their UAI entries are low" - sure its a reason, but its not something that ultimately determines the worth of a uni so its nto really valid..

so yeah, that said - constructive critcism is always welcome:)

L

LaraB

Cape said:
omg! The university DOES NOT want to become rich - it's mission statement is to provide teritary education to anyone who wants it, which is why it has been trying to reduce costs.
yeah i agree!

think of UWS as the Public school system, and some of the other uni's as the Private system - rather than providing a service to the "elite"/wealthy/high socioeconomic bracket, whatever you want to call it, UWS has a focus on providing opportunities for as many people as it can

so although yeah it sucks that there's been cost cutting and i'll whinge about it now, i think once uni's finished im gonna revel in the fact that i'll have a hecs debt almost half that of other uni's!:) and that the fact that UWS doesnt cost as much as other uni's means i habe to work less and can concentrate on uni (or socilaising lol:p) even more:)

I'd rather that than a slightly 'better quality' uni (as in facilities, number of teacher etc) and having to work my ass off to pay for it

L

LaraB

Annegelic said:
LaraB, you bloody ROCK.
Couldn't have said it better.
Except while you said you didn't want to name names, i definitely would have !! I know exactly who those anti-uws wankers are, and they seriously need to be put in their place :mad:
lol nah i didnt wanna name people coz then that'd give em an excuse to continue you bitch and whinge and say we're just being defensive etc - but hey, have a look in the uws is shit thread - u'll see who my pet hate poster is lol:p

L

LaraB

poloktim said:
This seems rather naive. UWS is not a non-profit organisation. Of course they'd like to make money. Most companies don't have "We want to becaome rich." in their mission statements, does that mean that they're not interested in making money?
i agree but at the same time i agree with Cape as well:p as far as - yes they do want to make money, but it is not their primary interest - ie, the uni doesnt aim to pride itself upon wealth

shane_86

HSC
why do u care so much or why does it offend u so much what other ppl outside uws think about the uni who cares

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
Cape said:
Well said, agree completely. Reps for you :)

I do respect everyones opinion here, but saying that UWS is a bad uni for whatever the reason is unexceptable and particulary when you do not know all the facts - I can't tolerate it.

Like LaraB said criticism helps a uni grow. But only useful criticism does, not the "uws is a crap uni cause of whatever" but more of the internal criticism.

LaraB feel free to whinge whenever you want to :)
U have just wasted ur reps since LaraB does not know the purpose of them and will only question the relevance of giving out reps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)