• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
GOD BLESS ADAM DYKES!
thank god we won, that was close, to close! good on the Sharkies... im so proud : )

Smokey, Phil Ghould can eat more than humble pie, eat sh*t Phil Ghould, you baised *ss hole. He is disgraceful........

But to end on a lighter note, 2nd on the table is feelin good. Broncos, your next!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Unbelievable, Warriors have lost in the dying minutes in 2 games in a row now. Toopi you shithead go back to bartercard cup you cant defend for crap. Oh well atleast we are beating Bulldogs.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
copious said:
Unbelievable, Warriors have lost in the dying minutes in 2 games in a row now. Toopi you shithead go back to bartercard cup you cant defend for crap. Oh well atleast we are beating Bulldogs.
LOL
I know how you feel, i am a sharks supporter, and if you can remember, last year we blew a fair few games. And this year, the broncos beat us, but it was a joke, Vangana scored and they called it held up. Im fuming! WE COULD BE ON TOP OF THE TABLE! Grrrrrr..... Ohh well better than being where your at copious, my sympathy is with you...

Random_87

HSC
N/A
copious said:
LOL
I know how you feel, i am a sharks supporter, and if you can remember, last year we blew a fair few games. And this year, the broncos beat us, but it was a joke, Vangana scored and they called it held up. Im fuming! WE COULD BE ON TOP OF THE TABLE! Grrrrrr..... Ohh well better than being where your at copious, my sympathy is with you...

Jiga

That Bronco - Vagana decision was a disgrace, there was definetely a chance he got it down -> Benefit of the doubt. It almost seems that all the decision go against us, but who cares - we are equal first and looking good. After we smash Canberra and the Broncs lose due to SOO we will be outright #1!!

The best buys of the entire comp - Hutch, Covell and Dykes :uhhuh:

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
parra eels 50-12 over the weekend woot! woot! sure signs we're gonna get better throughout the season...2001 was the closest weve been to winning premiership for a while...2005's gonna be our year!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Wiinning one good game and your thinking about the premiership? I think you should concentrate on the top 8 first!

*mel*

Schoolies_2004 said:
I think it is a big deal, both players are in the SOO 30 man squad!
well then it definitely is a big deal! they should not be playing state of origin if they just 'didn't want' to play for the country/city match.

Boo_

HSC
copious said:
Wiinning one good game and your thinking about the premiership? I think you should concentrate on the top 8 first!
lol, i know aye. dragons had a shocking start, but now their getting there...

if dragons continue to play like they are, they should mke the top 8!!!

if only they didnt have to be ranked 13th for defence...AND 4TH FOR ATTACK!!!

Boo_

HSC
**MeL**88 said:
well then it definitely is a big deal! they should not be playing state of origin if they just 'didn't want' to play for the country/city match.
i dnt realli care if gasnier and cooper make the squad or not. but barrett is in form!!! hez definately in. should be a good match up, baret vs lockyer...though if lockyer gets in space, baret would be hardpresed to catch up

Boo_

HSC
preliminary 30-man NSW squad named:

Braith Anasta (Bulldogs),
Luke Bailey (St George Illawarra),
Danny Buderus (Newcastle),
Trent Barrett (St George Illawarra),
Ryan Cross (Sydney Roosters),
Ben Creagh (St George Illawarra),
Joel Clinton (Penrith),
Matt Cooper (St George Illawarra),
Craig Fitzgibbon (Sydney Roosters),
Mark Gasnier (St George Illawarra),
Craig Gower (Penrith),
Scott Hill (Melbourne),
Nathan Hindmarsh (Parramatta),
Ben Hornby (St George Illawarra),
Ben Kennedy (Manly), Brett Kimmorley (Cronulla),
Matt King (Melbourne),
Brent Kite (Manly),
Luke Lewis (Penrith),
Steve Menzies (Manly),
Anthony Minichiello (Sydney Roosters),
Luke O'Donnell (North Queensland),
Luke Priddis (Penrith),
Luke Rooney (Penrith),
Andrew Ryan (Bulldogs),
Jason Ryles (St George Illawarra),
Anthony Tupou (Sydney Roosters),
Trent Waterhouse (Penrith),
Anthony Watmough (Manly),
Craig Wing (Sydney Roosters).

St George Illawarra gaining the highest representation with seven players.
Penrith had six players included and the Roosters five

squad will be cut to 17 players next Monday ahead of Origin I against Queensland at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium on May 25.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Gasnier and Cooper were ruled out on Monday, and the earliest they could've trained was Thursday. Was it really fair for the team and guys who were fit to play to miss out because of it? Whereas they could literally jump in a Dragons game and the combinations would be there, which is what happened. They absolutely deserve SoO spots, they are the two best NSWelshman in the centre spots IMO.

No Brent Shewin or Matt Orford! Typical. At least they named Matt King and Anthony Watmough.

Boo_

HSC
wait, im confused...are u saying that it was good for them to drop out of hte city/country game so that players who were fit could play???

Jiga

Yeah, gotta love Parra supporters, fluke a big win cos everything freakishly came together and now they are gonna win the Premiership. Forget their crappy attack (bar freakish kicks) and ordinary defence and how they were smashed by 50 points - 40 of which were score in 1st half against Broncs!!!

Snicker, the combinations 'argument' would be good IF they had went to the medical organised by city and country staff, they didnt -> because they were fit and dogged it, but what can you do, Gould loves the crappy dragons. As for Barret, yes he did deserves it, but he also played city v country unlike the others!

As for no Orford or Sherwin, why is it typical? They selected two halfs, Gower and Kimmorley, and Kimmorley by far will get the spot with his recent form for Australia and the sharks. Orford is unlucky, Sherwin is jus plain crap.

What is BS, is no Paul Gallen for NSW or Danny Nutley for Queensland. They are dead set work horses, up their every week in hit-ups, tackles, metres gained and with minimal errors or miss tackles. Go look at the NRL stats area and compare them to those slected in their place (eg Civonceva - Nutley), they have it all over them! The worst selection was Renny Matua for City, the guy has the stats of a PL player, yet he was selected over Gallen (eg Metres Gained -> 45 metres per game to gallens 140 metres !?!?) :mad:

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
What is BS, is no Paul Gallen for NSW or Danny Nutley for Queensland. They are dead set work horses, up their every week in hit-ups, tackles, metres gained and with minimal errors or miss tackles. Go look at the NRL stats area and compare them to those slected in their place (eg Civonceva - Nutley), they have it all over them! The worst selection was Renny Matua for City, the guy has the stats of a PL player, yet he was selected over Gallen (eg Metres Gained -> 45 metres per game to gallens 140 metres !?!?) :mad:
I couldnt agree more. But at least in a way it is sort of good that they wont be playin in origin, it will stop the sharkies from getting Broncos diease (Broncos diseasse=bad record during origin). But they definately deserve it!

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
The worst selection was Renny Matua for City, the guy has the stats of a PL player, yet he was selected over Gallen (eg Metres Gained -> 45 metres per game to gallens 140 metres !?!?) :mad:
Firstly Maitua is a utility forward while Gallen isnt
Secondly Gallen obviously has more game time which is why he'll have more metres gained this year
The stat you should be looking at is average metres gained per hit-up, and Maitua has only played 5 games this year because he was out injured, and not to mention lost 7 kg.
But looking at last year, Maitua averaged more than 9 metres per hit-up through-out the WHOLE year, while Gallen averaged 7.5
Dont forget Maitua had an absolute freakish game against Parra a week before his selection and which likely led to his city debut

Boo_

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Yeah, gotta love Parra supporters, fluke a big win cos everything freakishly came together and now they are gonna win the Premiership. Forget their crappy attack (bar freakish kicks) and ordinary defence and how they were smashed by 50 points - 40 of which were score in 1st half against Broncs!!!

Snicker, the combinations 'argument' would be good IF they had went to the medical organised by city and country staff, they didnt -> because they were fit and dogged it, but what can you do, Gould loves the crappy dragons. As for Barret, yes he did deserves it, but he also played city v country unlike the others!

As for no Orford or Sherwin, why is it typical? They selected two halfs, Gower and Kimmorley, and Kimmorley by far will get the spot with his recent form for Australia and the sharks. Orford is unlucky, Sherwin is jus plain crap.

lol, yeah, go parra:rolleyes:...the only reall good thing that happened out of that game, was the confidence boost. however, they didn't learn anything in sustained attack/defence, that is what the difference is between parra (and all the lower teams) and the top teams...though there are exceptions, such as dragons (getting into form), bulldogs (no players to properly field a side)

"Gould loves the crappy dragons"...um, dragons arent crappy, and gould is a biased idiot, same as bennet (in love with broncos) and stuart (in love with roosters)...though bennet is still good. anyway, as i was saying, how can u say that dragons are crappy??? so what if their 12th on ladder, they are currently the 4th best attacking team this season...and their defence has really picked up since round 3

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
despite a good game on the weekend, i think gasnier is very overated though, but he's almost certainly gonna start at centre -_-.... its funny how they picked 5 centres and 1 winger in the squad...

Jiga

Firstly Maitua is a utility forward while Gallen isnt
Secondly Gallen obviously has more game time which is why he'll have more metres gained this year
The stat you should be looking at is average metres gained per hit-up, and Maitua has only played 5 games this year because he was out injured, and not to mention lost 7 kg.
But looking at last year, Maitua averaged more than 9 metres per hit-up through-out the WHOLE year, while Gallen averaged 7.5
Dont forget Maitua had an absolute freakish game against Parra a week before his selection and which likely led to his city debut
You are correct, game time does matter. But Gallen also has it over Matua in every other area, less miss tackles even though hes on the field LONGER, less errors, and crucially -> Way more offloads, in fact, he is second only to fitzgibbon in this area. Also, in the modern game, a second rower like Gallen is preferred, a player who can last the full 80. I personally think he would have been good coming off the bench!

Bout dragons, mayb my comments were harsh, but I dont rate them a a premiership favourite, they choke in even the best of seasons let alone one where they are struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)