• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
So we scored one try off a knock on, and so did your guys.
what u mean ur guys??? i go for dragons as well

DRAGONZ said:
Deano got 'Falcon'-ed, and as the ball dropped to the ground, Frank Puletua knocked on in attempting to catch it. Three or four tackles later, Penrith scored.
yeah, so??? it was a double knock on, resulting in penrith getting the ball. it was correct ruling, therefore a legit try.

DRAGONZ said:
I'm sorry if the point has been raised before, but a certain Ricky Stuart and a certain Phil Gould are pissing me off no end.

Could Gus make it any LESS obvious that he wants Creagh at the Roosters for 2007 and beyond?

Look at the facts:
1. Luke Ricketson is retiring, and the Roosters are looking for a long term replacement in the second row or at lock. Ben Creagh can fulfill both these positions.
2. At the start of the year in the Footy Guide 2005, Ricky comes out and says how he expects Ben Creagh to be a superstar this season.
3. Creagh is chosen for City v Country. While there is nothing wrong with this, there is still a conspiracy in that Gus was involved in team selections, Creagh's salary will automatically rise due to his selection, and the Dragons are right at their salary cap limit.
4. Gould hasn't shut up about Ben being a bolter for the Origin series. He is trying to push this so hard in the media everywhere. Why not promote his own player in Anthony Tupou as a possible bench player for the Blues? Gould's wraps on Tupou have dried up in the last month, with all his attention on Ben Creagh and Dean Young (who was also mentioned by Stuart in the Footy Guide). Creagh's price almost doubles if he plays SOO, and the Dragons suddenly can't afford him.
5. Last night, Gould decides to give Ben MOTM. It should have been clear to anyone who has rugby league knowledge that he wasn't the best player on the park last night. Dean Young was the best man there by more than a country mile. Giving Creagh MOTM just before Origin emphasises to selectors that the guy is in top form and should be chosen for Origin.
and, yeah, i cant stand gould, his "commentating" at half time was a load of crap, wish he would jst shut up and pick players that should be playing, and present awards to those that really deserve it. especially when he mentioned the high shot by the penrith player on youngquest, he brought up how the player was just penalised and not sent off, while the roosters guy was (cant remember who the roosters guy was)

Last edited:

*mel*

Boo_ said:
xceptions for u...why??? can b because ur a roosters supporter...
For me? Because i'm special. if roosters supporters can get discounts, then why not? lol nah im just being a dick

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Boo_ said:
what u mean ur guys??? i go for dragons as well
For some reason I wasn't able to see any avatars before, and it just sounded as if you supported Penrith. Sorry for that :(

Boo_ said:
yeah, so??? it was a double knock on, resulting in penrith getting the ball. it was correct ruling, therefore a legit try.
Young knocked on first, but then Puletua knocked on in attempting to catch the ball. You were correct in saying that it was a double knock on, but not correct in the legitimacy of the try.

The ruling for a double knock on is that there is a scrum, and the side who knocked on second has the loose head and feed. It is NOT, under any circumstances whatsoever, play on.

The only reason Penrith were allowed to play on was because Simpkins missed the Puletua knock on. When in fact, it should have been a Penrith scrum 40 out from our line. Who knows, they might have scored a try that set anyway...

And the player Gus was referring to was Adrian Morley. He said of Simpkins, "I'm glad to see he's learning from his mistakes."

What an A-Grade D***head.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
yeah i know... but they should make exceptions for me! :)
Hehe, Mel, is there anything the Roosters WON'T ask concessions for?

First it's the salary cap, because of all their "local talent". And now SOO tickets!

Muahaha! I say that you should be charged double the price! :p :p

*mel*

DRAGONZ said:
Hehe, Mel, is there anything the Roosters WON'T ask concessions for?

First it's the salary cap, because of all their "local talent". And now SOO tickets!

Muahaha! I say that you should be charged double the price! :p :p

lol i was just kidding! as if we really would get discounts for state of origin tickets. and our salary cap is just fine thankyou!

*mel*

Boo_ said:
LITTLE!!! who u caling little!!! lol...yeah, 4 in a row, were coming after the bronocs
alrighty then! your umm... LARGE saints are doing well...
i meant little as a term of endearment :)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Hey Boo, let her call us little, eh?

It's good to know that our "little saints" can beat her Roosters! *Dances*

Imagine what the score would be if our "little saints" suddenly became a little "bigger"?

And while this may only be good until tomorrow, Mel, what position are the Roosters on the NRL table again? They're below the Dragons, right?

Hmmph. While that will probably change by tomorrow afternoon, I still have one trump card up my sleeve:

What was the score on Anzac Day again?

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
lol i was just kidding! as if we really would get discounts for state of origin tickets. and our salary cap is just fine thankyou!
Haha. As was I.

And who really knows if you could get discounts or not? Your club seems to be able to do some freakish things. I wouldn't put it past them, because after all, this is the NRL (the National Roosters League). :p

Edit: Oh, and the salary cap isn't, in fact, fine. You guys were over the cap because you gave Adrian Morley a car to use. We were over the cap in Premier League because of all our injuries last season.

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
For some reason I wasn't able to see any avatars before, and it just sounded as if you supported Penrith. Sorry for that :(

Young knocked on first, but then Puletua knocked on in attempting to catch the ball. You were correct in saying that it was a double knock on, but not correct in the legitimacy of the try.

The ruling for a double knock on is that there is a scrum, and the side who knocked on second has the loose head and feed. It is NOT, under any circumstances whatsoever, play on.

The only reason Penrith were allowed to play on was because Simpkins missed the Puletua knock on. When in fact, it should have been a Penrith scrum 40 out from our line. Who knows, they might have scored a try that set anyway...

And the player Gus was referring to was Adrian Morley. He said of Simpkins, "I'm glad to see he's learning from his mistakes."

What an A-Grade D***head.
oh, lol, yeah, should have been a scrum...hmmm, oh well, the reult was still favourable:)

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Hey Boo, let her call us little, eh?

It's good to know that our "little saints" can beat her Roosters! *Dances*

Imagine what the score would be if our "little saints" suddenly became a little "bigger"?

And while this may only be good until tomorrow, Mel, what position are the Roosters on the NRL table again? They're below the Dragons, right?

Hmmph. While that will probably change by tomorrow afternoon, I still have one trump card up my sleeve:

What was the score on Anzac Day again?
HAHA!!! *joins in*

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Haha. As was I.

And who really knows if you could get discounts or not? Your club seems to be able to do some freakish things. I wouldn't put it past them, because after all, this is the NRL (the National Roosters League). :p

Edit: Oh, and the salary cap isn't, in fact, fine. You guys were over the cap because you gave Adrian Morley a car to use. We were over the cap in Premier League because of all our injuries last season.
thatz true, lol, i cracked up when i heard of the storms salary cap breaches, breasched the cap since 2001...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)