NRL Thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo_

HSC
angelduck said:
i <3 Buderus, hes goodlookin, nice, and cann play really well, and he always has a smile for his waitress!
lol, haha!!! still, i lol, hope the nsw centers and nsw props dnt get injured...

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Boo_ said:
lol, haha!!! still, i lol, hope the nsw centers and nsw props dnt get injured...
dont know bout injured, but the props will get smashed

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Boo_ said:
lol, id rather woohoo about the 5 dragons players.

centers = cooper/gasnier
5/8th = barrett
props = bailey/ryles
I'm not woohoo-ing at all. If only Anasta had been selected ahead of Baz, and King and Cross instead of Coops and Gaz, and Clinton and Kite instead of Bailz and Rylesy.

What I'm woohooing about is this:

9. Danny Buderus
15. Steve Simpson

We get to play a Knights side without another two of their stars.

In regards to SOO, Prince was unlucky, as was Stagg, who I thought should have been used as a counter to Fitzgibbon and Hindmarsh.

Michael Crocker and Toni Carroll being selected in the starting line-up is unusual, especially considering neither of these guys has practically played any rugby league the last month.

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
I'm not woohoo-ing at all. If only Anasta had been selected ahead of Baz, and King and Cross instead of Coops and Gaz, and Clinton and Kite instead of Bailz and Rylesy.

What I'm woohooing about is this:

9. Danny Buderus
15. Steve Simpson

We get to play a Knights side without another two of their stars.

In regards to SOO, Prince was unlucky, as was Stagg, who I thought should have been used as a counter to Fitzgibbon and Hindmarsh.

Michael Crocker and Toni Carroll being selected in the starting line-up is unusual, especially considering neither of these guys has practically played any rugby league the last month.
lol, i knowa aye, but u have to give the players a congrats to making the nrl side:)

but with them being out, im glad dragons are vs knights, and not melbourne this week...got melbourne next week, so hopefully the palyers can back up...

*mel*

angelduck said:
Yeah, coz u wouldnt have won anyway
*shakes head at stupid comment by Dragonz*
Do you honestly believe that?

My theory to prove you wrong...

Dragons beat Roosters (unfortunately :( ) and Roosters beat Knights (yay!)
Therefore, Dragons will beat Knights... quite convincingly! (with or without Buderus and Simpson)

Boo_

HSC
**MeL**88 said:

Therefore, Dragons will beat Knights... quite convincingly! (with or without Buderus and Simpson)
after that, the team formally known as rorters will now be officially referred to as the roosters, where by, and un-necessary reference to the rorters will result in sever punishment to the extent of having to read a page of mel's wierd language:)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
angelduck said:
Yeah, coz u wouldnt have won anyway
*shakes head at stupid comment by Dragonz*
Hehe. As it turns out, we probably would have a better chance of winning if those two were actually playing. Because that way our boys wouldn't be as complacent as they might be now, playing against a team full of Premier League no-names.

**MeL**88 said:

Mel, angelduck used the amazing technique of sarcasm there. She was saying that whether Buderus and Simpson play this Saturday night or not, the Dragons would win by a fair bit.

Either way, thanks for re-asserting my confidence in our ability to beat the Knights.

And damn Luke Bailey! Unless something special happens, he is leaving our club for sure. The thing that hurts the most is that he will probably go and play for the Scum... bloody Cronulla! I hate you Sharks so much!

This fact is emphasised in the following picture [ damn IMG code is off :( ]:

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
And damn Luke Bailey! Unless something special happens, he is leaving our club for sure.
That's the salary cap for you. Its there to keep the league equal. I don't think the dragons should be complaining - they have enough stars as it is. It is unfortunate that lifelong players to clubs have to leave because of this, but without salary cap the league will turn into the English Premier league and the top eight will stay the same for a decade.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Smokey_22,

What the fans (myself included) are more upset about is the fact that he has sat out two whole seasons through injury (last season with the torn pectoral muscle in the 21-10 loss to Manly at Brookvale and his torn prectoral muscle Round 4 (34-6 loss to the NZ Warriors) in 2002).

So he he missed two whole season through injury. And he's been paid almost $500,000 for those two seasons (I am ignoring the NRL's insurance policy here).

Yet then he comes out and says that the Dragons are about $50,000 short at the moment. Where's the loyalty that he should show the club after they happily paid his contract for the two whole years (again, ignoring NRL insurance policy) he didn't play?

Hopefully he doesn't leave and all will be well.

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Hehe. As it turns out, we probably would have a better chance of winning if those two were actually playing. Because that way our boys wouldn't be as complacent as they might be now, playing against a team full of Premier League no-names.

Mel, angelduck used the amazing technique of sarcasm there. She was saying that whether Buderus and Simpson play this Saturday night or not, the Dragons would win by a fair bit.

Either way, thanks for re-asserting my confidence in our ability to beat the Knights.

And damn Luke Bailey! Unless something special happens, he is leaving our club for sure. The thing that hurts the most is that he will probably go and play for the Scum... bloody Cronulla! I hate you Sharks so much!

This fact is emphasised in the following picture [ damn IMG code is off :( ]:
i want bailey to stay!!! he and ryles make good combination, especially when barret and timmins are on the field..

damn sharks!!! luv th pic though!!!:D

Random_87

HSC
N/A
DRAGONZ said:
Why is it you think the sharks are scum?

THey Rock and ive been waiting for 2 years for them to find their form again. Im glad we could get a look at Luke Bailey, i would rather him than Mason.... Mason doesnt have a good attitude, and on the whole, he probably isnt good for team chemistry. That being said Luke is a bit of a thug but in the modern game it is hard to find forwards who arent thugs..... ohh well, ill miss you Stevo but where headed towards greater things and i think Bailey is a great pairing for Nutley. Two great work horses!

And How Good Is VAGANA Playing?!!! He isnt scoring like he did for the doggies, but he is cutting the line, and more importantly, at Cronulla he has learned how to pass!

Go Sharkies!!!!

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Random_87 said:
Mason doesnt have a good attitude, and on the whole, he probably isnt good for team chemistry.
Mason is the best "fire-upperer" in the game. He gets the boys motivated.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
on another note, I think Rebecca "The Man" Wilson is on the footy show tonight. Hope she gets booed, she's a bitch :uhhuh:

*mel*

Suney_J said:
on another note, I think Rebecca "The Man" Wilson is on the footy show tonight. Hope she gets booed, she's a bitch :uhhuh:
Hell yeah... she doesn't fit in there at all. Her stupid comment about the maroons' shirts was uncalled for. How were Slater and Civenoceva supposed to reply? She said "I hate the navy blue stripe on your shirts..."
Were they supposed to say "Umm yeah, thanks Rebecca...?" Seriously, what an idiot!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Random_87 said:
Why is it you think the sharks are scum?
Hehe. That's what Dragons supporters call Cronulla.

Other names:

Roosters = Rorters or Powderpuffs
Broncos = Horses ... something to do with horses, can't remember exactly
Knights = Shights
Panthers = Cats
Bulldogs = Bullcheats or Rapists ... but the Rapists one isn't used much as it was never proved. The Dragon Army only uses it when they are incensed about something.
Cowboys = Cowgirls ... but then, I reckon everyone uses that.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

But yes, here's a rhyme and a little song for you, Random_87:
"40 years and won f*$k all,
Go Sharkies.... Go Sharkies."

That's just a common chant at Dragons vs Sharks games in the Dragon Army :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)