• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
dragons over knights 18-16
warriors over souths 34-16

Dragons scored 2 tries while Knights scored 3. Dragons won through penalty goals, so they can consider themselves lucky

*mel*

Suney_J said:

Dragons scored 2 tries while Knights scored 3. Dragons won through penalty goals, so they can consider themselves lucky
18-16... wow that pretty darn close. Who are knights playing next week? I think i'll take a chance and tip them to win...

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
Suney_J said:

hey do the crime u do the time, or in this case the 2 points

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
18-16... wow that pretty darn close. Who are knights playing next week? I think i'll take a chance and tip them to win...
Haha. I reckon I'll tip them too, Mel.

On account of them taking on the bye and all.

I reckon they'll get over the line in golden point with the worst field goal you'll ever see (recalls 17-16 victory by Knights over Brisbane last year... Gidley kicked it in golden point... Round 10 or 11 or so?)

fornstar said:
hey do the crime u do the time, or in this case the 2 points
Nice one ;) Yeah, the Knights were dirty, dirty, DIRTY tonight. And Shane Hayne is so terrible that he even makes Russell Smith look decent.

Oh well, a win is a win. Five in a row for the Mighties.

Can you hear us ROARRRRRRRR ?

*mel*

DRAGONZ said:
Haha. I reckon I'll tip them too, Mel.

On account of them taking on the bye and all.
Lol... oh! Well that's why i asked who they are playing... coz i obviously didn't know. I'll tip in Round 13 then. My tipping this week sucks!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
Lol... oh! Well that's why i asked who they are playing... coz i obviously didn't know. I'll tip in Round 13 then. My tipping this week sucks!
Hahaha. Oh Mel, how you amuse me.

In Round 13, Newcastle play Brisbane. You gonna tip them then?

If you do and the Knights actually win, I would take my hat off to you and bow.

*mel*

DRAGONZ said:
Hahaha. Oh Mel, how you amuse me.

In Round 13, Newcastle play Brisbane. You gonna tip them then?

If you do and the Knights actually win, I would take my hat off to you and bow.
You think i'm an absolute idiot, don't you? :(
Hmm against Brisbane... why not? Got nothing to lose. I'm coming almost last in the tipping comp anyway.

Knights_chick

Shayne Hayne totally lost control of that game last night.
The Knights were lucky to only be behind 8-0 at halftime. Anyway, at least we are not getting hammered.
Ennis is a little weasel. I know he played with the Knights, but can soemone just slap him across the head? Shithead!!
The Knights v Dragons game is always a good one. And it usually goes down to the wire like it did last night.
Perry is in trouble.

I think the Knights will be hard to beat at home against the Broncos and a win won't surprise, considering we get a heap of players back and that we got over the Broncos last year.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
yeh u get a lot of good players back after the bye

5 in a row for the dragons :) paving the road to the grandfinal

Random_87

HSC
N/A
gordo said:
Not this year Gordo! Cronulla Brisbane GF! And a Cronulla win..... for the first time..... YAHOO! I sure do hope Dykes can pull them together.... Ohh well, we'll soon see....

.....GO SHARKS!

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Random_87 said:
Not this year Gordo! Cronulla Brisbane GF! And a Cronulla win.....
.....GO SHARKS!

Nah, i doubt it. They wont be used to finals pressure. With Kimmorley out they will lack guidance today - the panthers will beat them. You'd better hope Brett plays every game.

*mel*

gordo said:
yeh u get a lot of good players back after the bye

Congrats dragons. I just heard on the news... this is the first time the dragons have won 5 in a row since 1999. Well done!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
Congrats dragons. I just heard on the news... this is the first time the dragons have won 5 in a row since 1999. Well done!
And we all know what happened up until half time in the 1999 Grand Final, don't we?

I have absolutely NO recollection of what happened in the second half. And don't worry, noone needs to tell me what happened either. Tears that have been shed once shan't be shed again.

It was good to see that we played our worst game of the year last night (seriously, it was worse than the 46-12 to Storm in R2 and the 42-22 to Canberra in R4). And we had all our SOO players out. AND we still won.

It's an ominous sign for the competition when the Dragons start to win these so-called "ugly" matches. This has been the downfall of St George Illawarra in the last few seasons, but if we win those close and dirty ones this year, then a top four spot is a certainty.

If that happens, then watch out!

But the finals are a looooooong way away. I'm just looking forward to Round 12, when the boys head down to Olympic Park to hopefully dish out some revenge for the clobbering they gave us at the start of the season. Also, 1999 isn't out of their minds yet, and Brownie may well use it to his advantage with some of the senior players.

GO DRAGONS!

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Smokey_22 said:
Nah, i doubt it. They wont be used to finals pressure. With Kimmorley out they will lack guidance today - the panthers will beat them. You'd better hope Brett plays every game.
Nice prediction Smokey! I was glad you were WRONG!

To be honest though i was worried with no Kimmorly, and then Dykes got injured and he was the main reason we had the lead, he played well. So i was a little worried when the Panthers scored twice in 3 minutes but this is a new, better Cronulla side that can beat any team on its form with Noddy. So, i stick by my prediction.

As for needing finals experience, or dealing with finals pressure, alot of the key players have dealt with it before... and as for the young blokes, remember Penrith? 2nd last to premiers! That shows any team can deal with finals pressure.

Go Sharks!!!!!!

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Random_87 said:
Nice prediction Smokey! I was glad you were WRONG!

To be honest though i was worried with no Kimmorly, and then Dykes got injured and he was the main reason we had the lead, he played well. So i was a little worried when the Panthers scored twice in 3 minutes but this is a new, better Cronulla side that can beat any team on its form with Noddy. So, i stick by my prediction.

As for needing finals experience, or dealing with finals pressure, alot of the key players have dealt with it before... and as for the young blokes, remember Penrith? 2nd last to premiers! That shows any team can deal with finals pressure.

Go Sharks!!!!!!
lol yeh i was wrong. Which players did you think had solid finals experience? Vagana and Kimmorley from the top of my head. I dont think they have enough. How long is Dykes out for? They need him.
And schoolies_04, smash panthers? Was that a bit generous? There were a few moments where the sharks looked like handing the panthers the points. The game ended up 30-18 or something.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
30 - 22

yeah sharks have a good team this year, but that could have been said for any number of sharks team in the last 10 years...last 2 years have been exceptions. right now, i reckon the sharks will get knocked out in the semis at best, but lets wait til at least round 20 to see whether theres any difference this year...

penrith's drop has been almost as sudden and rapid as its rise... and its previous fall... see a pattern here? lol

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Smokey_22 said:
Vagana and Kimmorley from the top of my head. I dont think they have enough.
Other players with experience are Lomu, Mellor, Stevens, and Peachey.... the other (not mentioned) players might have had finals football, but i dont think they have played many finals games.... When you said " i dont think they have enough" is that enough players with experience or enough experience from vagana and Kimmorley, Because Kimmorley won the GF with melbourne if you dont remember, and Vagana played many finals games with the Doggies.

Go Sharkies!!!

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
blackfriday said:
timmy smith played really well tonight, and he'll be competing with thurston and prince for maroons no. 7 jumper next season.
Goooo the eels :) I went to the game on friday night but I must say the second half was shit, it was just a mistake-a-thon, and I disagree with you blackfriday I don't think it was tim smith's best game, he did quite a few shit kicks and went for a field goal on the second tackle - wtf!? Doesn't matter though, he's still a kickass halfback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)