• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo_

HSC
dragons lost...still think the winger (dnt know how to spell his name, negama or something) got the ball down before he touched the dead ball line...

oh well, dragons played realli badly, jst as bad as they did against newcastle last week...though they won that game...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I was hoping the Dragons would win (for the sake of not having to put up with my boyfriend's grumpiness afterwards) but there was never a chance of that try being award and if you look closely, his arm was JUST on the line.

Harvey Krumpet

Manly are not premiership contenders! They only beat Penrith by 10 points, and Penrith have lost something like four matches in a row!!!
They were even losing by 26 to 6.
They also were losing to Brisbane by 30 nil at halftime or something. And they also lost to St George earlier in the season.
Manly will probably get into the finals because they are winning all the time at their home ground but they will lose in the finals. This is because they lost to all the good teams like Brisbane and St George Illawarra. And I think Parramatta beat them last week too.

I support Brisbane, and we are winning the competition. We have 9 wins and only 2 losses, but they happened at the start of the season. Now we have seven wins in a row and we are coming first in the competition because we are the best side.

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harvey Krumpet

**MeL**88 said:
amen to that! :D
The Roosters aren't a very good side. I support Brisbane and we beat the Roosters by about 50 points to 20 this season.
But now that the Roosters win three matches in a row, you all think that they are a good team. ROFL. Sydney Roosters are coming seventh or eighth or something, and Broncos are first.
And also, the Broncos don't lose in grand finals like the Roosters. Like in the grand final a few years ago, when Brisbane beat the Roosters because we were better than the Roosters.
It is funny how the Broncos were better than Roosters a few years ago, and they are still better than the Roosters now.

ledzeppelin

HSC
Harvey Krumpet said:
The Roosters aren't a very good side. I support Brisbane and we beat the Roosters by about 50 points to 20 this season.
Broncos got thrashed themselves by the Storm
A thrashing doesn't mean too much this season

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Harvey Krumpet said:
But now that the Roosters win three matches in a row, you all think that they are a good team. ROFL. Sydney Roosters are coming seventh or eighth or something, and Broncos are first.
And also, the Broncos don't lose in grand finals like the Roosters. Like in the grand final a few years ago, when Brisbane beat the Roosters because we were better than the Roosters.
It is funny how the Broncos were better than Roosters a few years ago, and they are still better than the Roosters now.
Something tells me you support the whatever team is coming first on the ladder.

*mel*

Harvey Krumpet said:
Are you serious? You really make me laugh!

I think that the Roosters have been a good side for the past few years. Sure they are not doing as well this season as they did in previous seasons, mainly due to the retirement of Brad Fittler. Not only did his retirement leave the Roosters without their much loved and respected leader, but Ricky Stuart recently admitted to spending much of the off-season looking for a suitable replacement for the five-eighth position. He also admitted that because of this, the Roosters did not do as much defensive training during the off-season as they needed. As you might know, a strong defence was a key factor of the Roosters' success in the past few years, and they were commonly considered as the best defensive side in the league. Stuart may have relied on this statistic too much, instead focussing on attacking with a new five-eighth. He has admitted and learned from this mistake.

Obviously, their lack of defence led to 3 straight losses this season, and they finally pinpointed that their defence needed to be worked on. They have slowly but surely improved their defence, i.e. from rounds 1 - 6 they had 144 points scored against them compared to rounds 7 - 12 where they had only 88 points scored against them (note: including round 11 bye).
I'm not saying that their lack of defence and Brad Fittler's absence are the only excuses. They have definitely played some games very poorly. However, I don't think you can simply dismiss them by saying they "aren't a very good side". Despite their position in the ladder, they still one of the top 5 away performers of this season.

And as for your comment that "the Broncos were better than Roosters a few years ago, and they are still better than the Roosters now". I am not sure what you constitute as a "better" team. Is it just the result of one match, or a whole season? Let's look at it based on your terms. You say that the Broncos were a better team than the Roosters in 2000. That may well be so, but in between then and now the Roosters have been premiers and 2 time runners-up. So in between 2000 and 2004, the Roosters were in 4 grand finals... In between 2000 and 2004, the Broncos were in one grand final.
And you're trying to tell me that the Broncos have been better than the Roosters since 2000.

Last edited by a moderator:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
All i can say is, halfway through the season the warriors have the best defensive record in the nrl :D

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Where are all you 'sharks'll win this, sharks are too good for that' posters?? Waiting for another win eh??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)