• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

*mel*

Ok guys...

Roosters vs Sea Eagles on Friday... who are you tipping?

I'm really hoping the Roosters can win. Ricketson is out for two weeks and Brett Finch may be in doubt :(

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
I'll be tipping the Roosters.

Even though Pretty Boy Ricketson is out, I still wonder about Manly's ability to play under lights and away from home. Perhaps it is more to do with their ability under lights, actually.

Sea Eagles' away record = 2/3

One of the away wins was a day match in round one. The other four away matches have all been at night, and resulted in a 1/3 record (the only win coming against an inury-ravaged Dogs side).

Roosters 1-12 for me.

*mel*

DRAGONZ said:
I'll be tipping the Roosters.

Even though Pretty Boy Ricketson is out, I still wonder about Manly's ability to play under lights and away from home. Perhaps it is more to do with their ability under lights, actually.

Sea Eagles' away record = 2/3

One of the away wins was a day match in round one. The other four away matches have all been at night, and resulted in a 1/3 record (the only win coming against an inury-ravaged Dogs side).

Roosters 1-12 for me.
Hey! Luke Ricketson is more than just a Pretty Boy!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Suney_J said:
He's also a wimp
Hahaha. Awesome line :D

Actually, I reckon that Braith Anasta could fill in for Ricko when he retires, yaknow? :p :p

Seriously (and I mean seriously), the Roosters seem to be chasing hard for the signature of Braith Anasta to replace Ricketson. Despite the June 30 deadline, we all know that crap goes on behind the scenes, and Anasta has reportedly been offered 250k (plus another 100k under the carpet ;) ) to join the Roosters. Anasta is supposedly reluctant to sign with them after June 30 because of a large friend/family backlash.

The Roosters are also targeting Ben Creagh, who comes off contract at the Dragons in 2006. He will become their number one priority if Anasta doesn't get signed.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
Oh he is not! If he was a wimp, he wouldn't be captain...
I'm a roosters fan and I don't think he should have been given captaincy. It definitely should have been given to Craig Fitzgibbon.

*mel*

Loz#1 said:
I'm a roosters fan and I don't think he should have been given captaincy. It definitely should have been given to Craig Fitzgibbon.
When Ricko leaves, Craig Fitzgibbon better be captain! I reckon they're both legends.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Fitzzy would make a better captain, he's a machine and goes hard for 80 mins.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
rcicko can go for 80 too, but either would be great as captain... ricko was given it cuz hes a great clubsman. without him i fear the roosters defence may be shaky on friday night :\... roosters by 4

*mel*

from the sydney roosters newsletter... :( he'll be missed!

Ricketson announces retirement
Luke Ricketson, Sydney Roosters captain and most capped player, today announced be will retire at the end of the current 2005 season.

In a record unlikely to be broken at the NRL's oldest and most traditional clubs, Luke has played 291 1st grade games.

Luke is a one-club player having been graded in 1991 from local junior club Bondi United progressing through the Roosters to play for City, NSW and Australia.

On Sunday 16th June, 2002, Luke equalled Kevin Hastings club record of 217 first grade games against Manly.

Luke's major goals in 2005 are to break the 300 game game barrier and captain the Roosters to a premiership victory.

Boo_

HSC
roosters to win...though i dont really want them to...but yeah, manly have not been performing to well away, and that win against the panthers only came in the last 20minutes, u cant win a game in 20minutes, but in the full 80 minutes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)