• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davo_

good kid
HSC
RiCe_GrOwEr said:
Stephen Clark must have something against the Eagles. Oh well, we should of won today. We lossed today and we moved up one spot on the ladder.
Clark reffed quite well today I thought - I'm pretty sure the penalty count was in the Eagles favour as well- so I don't think you have anything to complain about.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
copious said:
lol i need to pledge my allegence to west ham. but yes the girls are with me in spirit o_-
and they say soccer doenst make you gay ...

LOL

HSC
This evening I saw Ty Williams try, the one he scored from his own try line. I think that is one of the most amazing tries I've ever seen. The way he simply fended off the opposition player .... wow!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Yeah that was a powerful run. This round was a high scoring affair. Also did anyone see Benji Marshall's performance, he was stepping around the sharks like he had fire in his boots. Also Scott Princes hatrick in like 10 minutes.

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A

Random_87

HSC
N/A
copious said:
Yeah that was a powerful run. This round was a high scoring affair. Also did anyone see Benji Marshall's performance, he was stepping around the sharks like he had fire in his boots. Also Scott Princes hatrick in like 10 minutes.
Dont remind me..... i hate being a Sharks supporter......

this_girl

HSC
copious said:
I didn't watch the game but I saw that in the Sports Tonight highlights. Benji was amazing the way he was stepping everyone... never been a huge fan or follower of him but his performance impressed me heaps.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Random_87 said:

Awww. Dw, i know what you mean. Roosters played shit too. Im sure both teams can comeback. Sharks probably can, Roosters wont...fucken Roosters. I still have faith in them, but they better can their act together.

Amos Roberts try was just utterly beautiful on Friday. Im sure he scored from his own tryline as well. Too bad it was overshadowed by the massive Roosters loss, and the fact we lost to Dragons made it worse.

Also, as much as i hate Benjii Marshall, he was definitely amazing for the West Tigers.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Yeah but Kimi you have experienced the glory of a premiereship and 4 grand finals. And you had Brad Fittler. We've had no one like fittler, the closest IMO would be Peachey (who i love but hes still not as influential on a game as freddy) and we've never won. And i got my hopes up at the start of the season when we won 8/10. Now we come up against the Storm, and it pains me to say it but i think the points well come easy for the storm. They'll be pissed at losing to the knights and want revenge. Whereas the sharks we'll be pissed at losing to the Tigs but wont do shit about it. Ohh Its Tragic! :( Cmon guys. I need this win so i can stop questioning my teams integrity..... weve beat the storm once this year, know lets do it again.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
kimi said:
Awww. Dw, i know what you mean. Roosters played shit too. Im sure both teams can comeback. Sharks probably can, Roosters wont...fucken Roosters. I still have faith in them, but they better can their act together.

Amos Roberts try was just utterly beautiful on Friday. Im sure he scored from his own tryline as well. Too bad it was overshadowed by the massive Roosters loss, and the fact we lost to Dragons made it worse.

Also, as much as i hate Benjii Marshall, he was definitely amazing for the West Tigers.
Cone smoking again?

random 87 said:
And you had Brad Fittler. We've had no one like fittler, the closest IMO would be Peachey (who i love but hes still not as influential on a game as freddy) and we've never won
ET

random 87 said:
They'll be pissed at losing to the knights and want revenge. Whereas the sharks we'll be pissed at losing to the Tigs but wont do shit about it.
I'm quoting this. Gold

Seems I underestimated the Sharks, I said Tigers 30 - 0. They actually scored a try. Oh well, a line break in the lead in online tipping and tripling my money on fantasybet helps a bit.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Cmon Bookie, you cant seriously be putting ET at the same level as Fittler? He was the first person that crossed my mind when i thought about a sharks legend, second was Peachey but i would rather have Peachey in my side any day. ET was good but i rekon he was a little over rated, but nevertheless i enjoyed watching the man play. He wasn't half bad. Maybe Pomeroy will be the new ET....

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Doubt Pomeroy will be. I know when your talking INFLUENCE in the NRL, its Peachey first, daylight second. For some reason he hasnt been injured and we're still losing (probabaly because Mellors been injured eh?), but I know when Peach gets injured, you could sure as hell put your house and the neighbours on us to lose.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Hahaha, yeah Mellors the reason....... the man was playing terribly defensively this season. He hasnt been the same since he came back from England. Im sorta glad hes going to the rabbits. Glad that they'll get a half decent player in mellor and we wont have to worry bout his flimsy defence.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Random_87 said:
Yeah, wouldn't we all??

Thirty eight years....

kimi said:
Amos Roberts try was just utterly beautiful on Friday.
Are you referring to the fact that his anticipation was excellent?

Or the bit where the only person who bothered to chase him the whole way was none other than Luke Bailey, and as Roberts got near the tryline, he turned to Bailey and blew him a kiss?

I have (possibly 'had' now) a lot of respect for Amos. I can understand that he probably still has bad feelings towards the Dragons because we let him go, but his action on Friday night was low.

Despite all that, you call a 90 metre intercept 'utterly beautiful', Kimi. I dunno, call me naive and biased, but I reckon Gasnier's move off the scrum - where he made Minichiello look like a Jersey Flegg fullback - was beautiful. And I reckon that the Tigers try yesterday where Marshall stepped past at least six players and Fitzhenry (I think) finally scored the try... I reckon that was beautiful.

But a ninety metre intercept? I agree that it is amazing anticipation, but beautiful? Nah...

Random_87

HSC
N/A
DRAGONZ one day youll have to get over that 38 years thing..... but by then it will probably been about 56 years or sumthin..... i dont know, lets just pretend we've won one title.

And hope your English went well today mate. I didnt think it was taht tough but tis is no english thread, just hope you found it alright... and know one final thing......

...... There. Put a hex on the dragons! lets see you win this week, i dont know who your playin tho....

madmanjd

HSC
hey bookie, random, i am in fact in a great position to kick rob's arse. and that would work in my favour also because not only does he piss me off about the sharks, he beats me in every test. so just say the word........................................

CheeZ

HSC
For the amount of games Pomeroy has played and what he has shown is pretty promising. He is strong in defence and pretty quick for a forward.
A good buy for the sharks, though I think they paid too much for him at this stage of his career.

Last edited:

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
madmanjd said:
hey bookie, random, i am in fact in a great position to kick rob's arse. and that would work in my favour also because not only does he piss me off about the sharks, he beats me in every test. so just say the word........................................
Does that mean you see him in person? Cos if you do, can you please punch him a total number of 536 times for me. Thats the number of times ive suppose to have punched him cos hes either said Roosters suck, proved me wrong, or been a bitch to me. Can you also throw in some kicks?

madmanjd

HSC
i go to school with him, saw him today and hit him. sure ill punch him, but no kicks sorry.
and if u ever want someone to kiss him for you ask jermir ;)
jermir's dream is to be gay with rob :p

oh yeah and random87, the dragons are gonna lose away against the cowboys this week. my accuracy with tipping dragons game has been among the highest this season so i MUST be right ;)

TAKE THAT ROB
(good luck in eco tomorrow buddy)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)