• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
kimi said:
Shitttt ! You got Darren Albert ? Omg, my friend from England is going to be devastated cos she goes for St Helens and she absolutely adores him, like every other saints fan. Did he get released early, i thought he made some contract extension earlier this year?

If he was to come back, i would of thought Newcastle Knights not Sharks. Hes a brilliant winger. i rememeber that 1997 GF, that try he made in the last 10seconds or something, it was awesome. Hes like....soooo fast- its freaky.
Thats right kimi! be afraid! be very afraid! Cronulla are coming.......in 2005.......hopefully.....

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
well with albert, and IF you can get a good pack to work with him then you COULD be premiership contenders. but you still have Brett F***ing Kimmorley...

Random_87

HSC
N/A
haha, sad but true..... but hes not that bad. Just in bad form at the moment, at the start of the season no-on could argue he was the best halfback in the league.... up until state of origin, and he deffinately deserved his spot in the side for SOO 1...... now hes just playing badly...... and it is ruining the team

davo_

good kid
HSC
Random_87 said:
haha, sad but true..... but hes not that bad. Just in bad form at the moment, at the start of the season no-on could argue he was the best halfback in the league.... up until state of origin, and he deffinately deserved his spot in the side for SOO 1...... now hes just playing badly...... and it is ruining the team
Agreed he's not the bad, but he wasn't the best halfback in the league or NSW even before the SOO... Matt Orford was, if the NSW team was picked purely on form and not other factors (ie prior rep experience) Orford would have been the NSW halfback. His poor SOO form - I think - has destroyed his confidence a bit.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Well clearly i want be able to make you think kimmorley was better, so we'll just say he was 2nd best in the league, which is still good!

davo_

good kid
HSC
Yeah Kimmorley is(or atleast has been) an awesome player, I admit that despite the fact I haven't really liked him since he was with the Storm.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Well to be honest, i dont really like him. He made Preston Cambell leave the sharks and that pissed me off so much..... I hate Chris Anderson, and i hated kimmorley for so long. To be perfectly honest i only started to like him this season

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Kimmorleys a legend. Doesnt matter how much people bag him out. He has been in shit form the past week or so (before that he was injured, but FUCKING RAPER DID NOT GIVE HIM A REST!)

davo said:
Agreed he's not the bad, but he wasn't the best halfback in the league or NSW even before the SOO... Matt Orford was, if the NSW team was picked purely on form and not other factors (ie prior rep experience) Orford would have been the NSW halfback. His poor SOO form - I think - has destroyed his confidence a bit.
Orfords a piece of shit, hes was not the best halfback in the NRL before SOO, and he never has been. Hes just got a massive attack next to him which any pro-halfback could get to 50 points (if I had Billy Slater and Matt King in my side, I wouldnt find it too hard) - hes getting too much money from Manly. Scott Hill is a legend though.

BTW, if the side was picked on form, Hodgson/Peach, Gallen and Phil Bailey should have been picked as walk ins. Bob "all 7 dragons players could walk into the Sharks side" McCarthy is a fuckwit and thought otherwise.

kimi said:
Shitttt ! You got Darren Albert ? Omg, my friend from England is going to be devastated cos she goes for St Helens and she absolutely adores him, like every other saints fan. Did he get released early, i thought he made some contract extension earlier this year?

If he was to come back, i would of thought Newcastle Knights not Sharks. Hes a brilliant winger. i rememeber that 1997 GF, that try he made in the last 10seconds or something, it was awesome. Hes like....soooo fast- its freaky.
Weeks of specualtion and its been done. He did actually sign a two year deal in May, but then he was just released yesteray, and hes in black white and blue next year. Only if Dapeach stayed. What a mad backline it would have been.

random 87 said:
Thats right kimi! be afraid! be very afraid! Cronulla are coming.......in 2005.......hopefully.....
Dont know what you're smoking, but we're probably not going anywhere near the title until 2007, where we should put up a good challenge (provided Dykes and Kimmorley stay on)

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
Weeks of specualtion and its been done. He did actually sign a two year deal in May, but then he was just released yesteray, and hes in black white and blue next year. Only if Dapeach stayed. What a mad backline it would have been.
yeah, the peach would have kept it awesome... the creativity in the backs would be phenominal.... but now we can only dream about it, right bookie?

Bookie said:
Dont know what you're smoking, but we're probably not going anywhere near the title until 2007, where we should put up a good challenge (provided Dykes and Kimmorley stay on)
I ain't smoking nothing..... just putting on a front to act tough... im always positive for the sharkies next year. I know that with no Peach it will be tough, but stranger things have happened... and its just my love for my team makin me say that, otherwise... i'd predict we finish 8th, or around there.... and u think 2007??? cmon Bookie, if were bein honest it has to be 2008 or later IMO. 2007 would only be the year if dykes and kimmorley were both amazing through the whole season!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
OMG! SPOILERS!

Random_87 will die alone. :p :p

10 minutes in. Cowboys 22 KTC v 0 Dragons

davo_

good kid
HSC
Bookie said:
Orfords a piece of shit, hes was not the best halfback in the NRL before SOO, and he never has been. Hes just got a massive attack next to him which any pro-halfback could get to 50 points (if I had Billy Slater and Matt King in my side, I wouldnt find it too hard) - hes getting too much money from Manly. Scott Hill is a legend though.

BTW, if the side was picked on form, Hodgson/Peach, Gallen and Phil Bailey should have been picked as walk ins. Bob "all 7 dragons players could walk into the Sharks side" McCarthy is a fuckwit and thought otherwise.
First ya say Matty King is shit now your telling me he's what makes Orford good? Make up ya mind son. And you're wrong anyway. Fair enough the attacking potency of the backs at the Storm is going to help (he does a fair bit of awesome individual things as well)- but do you remember rugby league being a team sport-
Orford makes his backs look good as well.

On your second point, just because a player is in form still doesn't make them the best in their position... ie Hodgson/Peach, so you're trying to tell me the player of the series wasn't in form (and you can disagree with the decision of naming Mini player of the series, but he can't have gone too bad if a fair few other people agreed with it can he?). And you're joking about Phil Bailey right? Solid, but he should never have been picked in Origin ever.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
If Phil Bailey was to be picked, it was early this year, not 2003. He's a pretty decent player when he passes the ball and doesnt lie on top of tackled players.

Matty King is good, I had just said he'd been way overrated for his origin performances.

And Mini did not deserve MOTS with his number of errors in the series. My vote went to Cooper, but I guess judges think otherwise.

Hey Random, we have to keep dreaming about evrything at the Shaqs. Lets just hope the premiership dream comes true sometime soon.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
why, why, WHY !!!

damn u dragons, go to hell. And Robbie, how can it be 22-0 at halftime if Dragons won 36-16. I didnt watch the game so i wouldnt know. Why the fuck would i watch in the first place, wanker on wanker action- not entertaining enough for me.

Last edited:

Random_87

HSC
N/A
DRAGONZ said:
Random_87 will die alone. :p :p
How did you know that??? DRAGONZ, you know me better than i know myself mate..... have you been stalking me??? well hopefully i wont "die alone," but if so, ill live with that knowing that so will you Roberta :p hahaha

P.S. Good win tonight..... but you'll lose next week so dont get to excited...

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
kimi said:
And Robbie, how can it be 22-0 at halftime if Dragons won 36-16. I didnt watch the game so i wouldnt know.
Well, FUNNY story actually. Basically, the Cowboys were leading 22 - 0 after 10 minutes, but then they found that the integrity of the game had been compromised when the replays showed the Cowboys' third try came off a pass that went five metres forward.

So what happened was that they had to start the match again, and the Dragons boys came good.

N.B. I think you should check the time I posted.

Random_87 said:
How did you know that??? DRAGONZ, you know me better than i know myself mate..... have you been stalking me??? well hopefully i wont "die alone," but if so, ill live with that knowing that so will you Roberta :p hahaha

P.S. Good win tonight..... but you'll lose next week so dont get to excited...
Haha, yes, I'm learning a lot about you nowadays.

Bonkos next week should be a cracker. Sellout at Suncorp to watch 1 v 3 (and if Parra go down by 16+ to the Warriors, it would be 1 v 2).

Bookie said:
We'll lose next weekend as well. No we wont. I think we're playng the Rorts.
Hahahaha awesome line. Mate, if rep was still available, I would have repped you here.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
DRAGONZ, you were up late... but im up later so i get the last word! So stop Stalking me from the bushes! I can see you man. and yes i would of reped bookie, like 10000000 times if it was still here, where did it go.... i thought i just clicked sumthin to make mine disappear accidently but does no one have it?

And Kimi, mate, Cross is a terrible ball hog! nothin more IMO! I dont hate the Roosters, and i dont call them the rorts, but i hate cross and crocker.... ill never forget a game against parra when cross had 2 on 1 against hodgson and he didnt pass, he dummied and hodgson nailed him, he bombed the try big time! so i dont like him, as for Crocker, hes just a thug...... im not takin a swing at the roosters, just those 2, cos i dont like 'em. But we'll beat you anyway's!!! :D and if we dont, ill say i didnt watch it and pretend i dont know the score!

P.S.
Dragonz is a bum and he and kimi are gettin married! :p

Bookie

Banned
HSC
The Rorts. Our only chance to get two points, well, we do SORT OF have an easy draw, with Manly and Souths after that, but on our form we've got nothing.

Danny Weidler on the Footy Show said that Matt Petersen might be coming. Weidlers a fuck though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)