NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Thanks for the merge. Its not that important a game. Tri Nations should have its own thread sometime soon.

As you like to call me Sam, Mr Eoin, I will tell you that although without him we'd score less tries, we wouldnt have let in so many tries either. Covells a shit defender as well, but Covell puts his whole heart in, his skill is just so limited.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Look, I know everything. I know everyones birthday and where they live. The league tri ntions is just a minor part of my vast knowledge. However, there are three teams who play in it, thus the 'Tri', and they all represent countries, thus the 'Nations'. These Tri Nations happen to be Australia, New Zealand and France.

Its been held for the past few years.

davo_

good kid
HSC
Bookie said:
Look, I know everything. I know everyones birthday and where they live. The league tri ntions is just a minor part of my vast knowledge. However, there are three teams who play in it, thus the 'Tri', and they all represent countries, thus the 'Nations'. These Tri Nations happen to be Australia, New Zealand and France.

Its been held for the past few years.
Maybe France was a typo and you meant England.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
With that Simmons has got shit defence point, yeah I agree, but so do most wingers. Hahaha, im just remeniscing on the game against the dragons when we were down 8-0 and simmons felt it necessary to push Cooper towards the try line, instead of tackling him. That made me so pissed off, he fell for a dummy for the inside ball and pushed cooper away from him! what an idiot. But still, I dont mind him, everyone makes mistakes.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Not really, and the fact that he fucks up every week.

Same side named this week as was last week. Hutch in for Stevo though, and Mellor in for Scott.

davo said:
Maybe France was a typo and you meant England.
No it wasnt a typo. I just wanted to see if anyone read and recognised it.

And they play as Great Britain.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
davo_ said:
Just a point. A lot of the time wingers are made to look bad because of bad defensive decisions by the inside backs.
Nah, I agree with that Davo, good point. I didnt think of it that way. I still don't rekon Simmons is that bad a defender.

davo_

good kid
HSC
angelduck said:
example to back up point?
This is a pretty standard (most common) example.... say the centre rushes in, leaving the winger to defend both the opposition centre and winger. Do the maths, its not too had to see that most of the time 2 men are going to beat 1... Essentially it is the entire team has to keep marked up, obviously this falls out of sync a fair bit (hence why teams score tries).. Tackling technique is important too, the ability wrap the ball up in a tackle and prevent the offload, because it is generally from some sort of offload that an overlap occurs..

Bookie

Banned
HSC
What happens when the winger goes infield and leaves the centre to take on two attackers?

Sound uncommon?

David Simmons.....tak tsk

I've actually met his mum, and through him he seems like a good guy, but as a player - he's got potential and spped on the field, but he's gotta shape up.

I dont have speed on the field. I made two 50m breaks from my deadball to the halfway today. I have got to be the most unfit fullback in the world.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Well, I'd need to grow 15-20cm taller, and become bloody agile.

I'll get fit doing a 'Tour de Sydney' with my friends at the end of the year.

7 days of bike riding. It'll be good for the cardiac.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
davo_ said:
Just a point. A lot of the time wingers are made to look bad because of bad defensive decisions by the inside backs.
angelduck said:
example to back up point?
Gasnier's poor reads in defence which led to Best facing a 2 on 1 situation, conceding two billion tries a game and getting flamed for it.

That's the first example that comes to my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)