• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rewster

HSC
Suney_J said:
Actually Anasta's gone crap after he signed, so he'll fit in at the Roosters nicely.
Im happy he went now
oy, seriously dogs will be shit without Anasta. Sherwin wont have a 5/8 to combinate with. Finch and Anasta will be a mad combo!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
rewster said:
oy, seriously dogs will be shit without Anasta. Sherwin wont have a 5/8 to combinate with. Finch and Anasta will be a mad combo!
Dude, I thought you had heaps of knowledge about the game... but then this?

The Bulldogs have bought Daniel Holdsworth for 2006 (I believe it's a two year deal, Suney_J?). If you don't know who he is, he plays Premier League for the Dragons. His claim to fame is scoring a double on debut in the "baby Dragons" 37 - 6 victory over Parramatta at Parramatta Stadium last season.

He will be alright for Sherwin in that he doesn't often look to do it all himself, and so Sherwin shall see more of the ball. If Sherwin can get over all his injuries, then surely giving more and more ball to him can only be a bad thing for opposition teams.

One thing I'm not totally up to speed with is the Storm signing James Aubusson. Now, I realise that I posted it would happen a while back, but then I wonder what the point of it was. They are already practically investing long-term in Cooper Cronk, and I hear that one of the players in their QLD feeder-team is killing it. I reckon Aubusson is unneeded at the Storm.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
rewster said:
oy, seriously dogs will be shit without Anasta.
we'll wait and see ;)

rewster said:
Sherwin wont have a 5/8 to combinate with.
Maitua will play 5/8th in the first couple of rounds next year, (I assume) and he complements Sherwin really well (They killed Melbourne last year in the finals game). Then as DRAGONZ said, Holdsworth will be our 5/8th. Ive seen him play against Manly this year and he did ok. He's from Perth and made the Australian schoolboy team which is a big acomplishment for him.

rewster said:
Finch and Anasta will be a mad combo!
Hahahaha, LMAO....... yeah good one

DRAGONZ said:
The Bulldogs have bought Daniel Holdsworth for 2006 (I believe it's a two year deal, Suney_J?).
yeah I think its 2 years

rabbitohs2005

HSC
NRL:prime Ministers VIII Australian Team

The Prime Ministers VIII Australian Team will play PNG Later this year....But The team will consist of teams that didnt make the 8.....

1. Rhys Wesser
2. Luke Rooney
3. Ryan Cross
4. Matt Gidley (Luke McDougall Should get nod but suspended)
5. Todd Byrne
6. John Sutton (souths are in form,dogs arent...By All Fairness he makes it )
7. Craig Gower (johns in england)
13. Ashley Harrison
12. Steve Simpson
11. Craig Fitzgibbon
10. Mark O'Meley
9. Danny Buderus
8. Steve Price

14. Ben Ross
15. Craig Wing
16. Trent Waterhouse
17. Braith Anasta

article: foxsports.news.com.au/league/

wats ur side ?

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
I was shocked the Roosters got Mitchell Pierce as well. He is 16 though, so he's probably not signed for a lot. He would've been beneficial to a lot of clubs. Turns out they Roosters have money come out of their asses I guess...

Let me tell y'all a little something. Anasta is shit. Seriously. The only reason anyone ever thought he was good was because of the blokes around him...and since losing our backline he has proven his crappiness. When Sherwin plays well, our team playes well, and Anasta plays well. All the overrated stuff is TRUE TRUE TRUE. But I'm sure you didn't need me to tell you that :D. His form has slumped even further since signing over. I guess he doesn't really give a crap considering he'll be wearing diff colours next year.

I read last week that Shifty got divorced 6 months after marrying. Poor guy, no wonder his mind isn't on the job (not making excuses).

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Snickerdoodle;

1. The Roosters dont have money coming out of their asses - theyre asses are usually being occupied by one another

2. You say Anasta is shit - now. What everyone bar media followers have been saying for the pst four years, and now that he's leaving - he's shit all of a sudden. He is, but why change your mind now - plus the fact that he's twenty times better than Holdsworth.....

3. Thats a shame for Shifty, seems like a nice guy, can't see him getting into any family problems, shame....

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
snickerdoodle said:
I was shocked the Roosters got Mitchell Pierce as well. He is 16 though, so he's probably not signed for a lot. He would've been beneficial to a lot of clubs. Turns out they Roosters have money come out of their asses I guess...

what position does Mithcell Pierce play? might be a replacement for Grant Rovelli.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Bookie said:
Snickerdoodle;
2. You say Anasta is shit - now. What everyone bar media followers have been saying for the pst four years, and now that he's leaving - he's shit all of a sudden. He is, but why change your mind now - plus the fact that he's twenty times better than Holdsworth.....
Actually, I've said Anasta is shit from the moment he stepped into first grade, so don't generalise. I never liked him, his playing style, or his personality, and was stoked that he was leaving. You may think that he's better than Holdsworth, but we can't really say anything until next season. Plus we have Maitua, who is a great player *knocks on wood*.

Pierce either plays 5/8 or Halfback. I think it's halfback.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
parra must win this weekend to remain second
*crosses fingers*
well its not like we can lose this one
Didn't you guys lose to the Raiders last time?

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
BRONCOS LOSE!! DRAGONS ARE FIRST!!!!

GO DRAGONS!! DRAGONS! DRAGONS! DRAGONS!

First time since f*cking 1993, excluding like the first three rounds of the comp.

BOY AM I HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)