O-Week agenda (1 Viewer)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Well that wasn't specified in her post. But yeah, you make a good point. Then again, why not just let the folks go on their own?
Unless she's asian. Then I could understand.
"No! We gunna go see big university man with you! Get his home address! Send him some special dumpwings! He wike you more then, yes?! Give you better mark!"

ct92

HSC
Well that wasn't specified in her post. But yeah, you make a good point. Then again, why not just let the folks go on their own?
Unless she's asian. Then I could understand.
"No! We gunna go see big university man with you! Get his home address! Send him some special dumpwings! He wike you more then, yes?! Give you better mark!"
I'm not, but they haven't seen much more than the parking lots of the campus so I thought I'd involve them. Besides, what else am I going to do with a Monday night?

henry08

HSC
N/A
Can you join mroe than one religious society? I.e. can I join the Aethist society, christian society, islamic society, jewish society etc?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Can you join mroe than one religious society? I.e. can I join the Aethist society, christian society, islamic society, jewish society etc?
I don't think there's any law against it. Unless they make you sign something that says you can't.
Apparently the Young Libs and Young Labor make you do that. Christina said she had to sign a contract that she wouldn't join any other political parties. I wanted to join both parties, just to spread my superior moderate views to all. Stupid fascist party members. :(

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Goddamn Neutrals.
I prefer the term "Independant".
To be honest, I'll probably be more conerened about the economy than social issues this year, so you don't have much to worry about Nolan. There's no way I'd trust the unions with the economy.

henry08

HSC
N/A
I don't think there's any law against it. Unless they make you sign something that says you can't.
Apparently the Young Libs and Young Labor make you do that. Christina said she had to sign a contract that she wouldn't join any other political parties. I wanted to join both parties, just to spread my superior moderate views to all. Stupid fascist party members. :(
What? That was going to be my next q, whether I could join both Labor, Liberal and Greens etc.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Apparently you can't, although I'm not sure whether joing the uni societies is quite the same as becoming an actual Young Lib/Labor

henry08

HSC
N/A
That sucks.

Likewise I guess the vegetarian/bbq societies wouldn't like me joining both either lol letc?

dawdlex3

HSC
^ very interesting discussion up there.
I wonder what happens if you join both.
They don't have a way to check unless they conspire to share their member lists with each other. =P

henry08

HSC
N/A
O-week is looking good. Took a walk on campus before and there are heaps of white tents with tables/benches inside being setup along the main walkway, international aquare, enar the library and village green.

Electrical looks dodgy as though lol, i.e. many extention cables all going to these tents and then a 4 way adaptor for 4 tents so each tent then gets one plug, then each tent then had a double adapator or another multi board going onto it.

Simo91

HSC
Would i be missing out on much if i don't go to my faculty welcome?

jassono

HSC
Would i be missing out on much if i don't go to my faculty welcome?
Hell yeah! I heard they give out the exams and the answers in the welcome
Hahah I don't think you'd miss much, it'd be like the presentation they gave at info day, but now they're thankful you stuck with them....i'd assume :s

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
the only good thing about the faculty welcome was the free chicken sandwich for lunch.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Hey Holly, come say hi at the Atheist Soc stall tomorrow.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I dunno. Last year it was outside one of the Engineering buildings on the main walkway, just up the hill from the Red Centre. Look around. I'm sure you'll find it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)