Officeworks (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
spin spin sugar said:
i'd love to work at officeworks, im jealous. the whole colesmyer recruitment process is such a pain in the ass tho, otherwise i'd apply in a second
They might let you in due to your sex appeal. Most of the staff I see at Officeworks seems to be kinda geeky tech freaks or people with a stationery fetish (buahahaha jk people jk).

Collin

HSC
N/A
spin spin sugar said:
but i have a stationary fetish!
So do you use those big glue sticks to.. arghhh gotta refrain myself.

Collin

HSC
N/A
theone123 said:
in the deli they expect u to be able to do anything.
Eh? The guy I got interviewed by basically just said you're on mostly night shifts and you've gotta clean the place up. Doesn't seem too difficult, right? :confused:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
congrats
sounds ok
if yo ulike to clean
other people have stationary fetishes? *hides face*

HSC
id love to owork at officeworks, im in tools at bunnings and got nfi what im saying 3/4 of hte time, at least in the computer parts of officeworks ican know alot more htan tools

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
chick customers at officeworks tend to be nicer to be.. like ones who are like pretty :eek:

mum's too.. some guys are obviously.. but chicks in general :eek:

makes me sweat working =\

Collin

HSC
N/A
iambored: Thanks :D

I've got a nice looking chick giving me the instore induction on Monday... from 11am - 5pm. Oh baby this is gonna be fun.

Hey Panda, the position they offered you was solely POS right? Like since I'll be doing BusM, you reckon it would be a good idea to research up some products on the net so that I don't look like a complete douche bag when I get there.. hmm.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
JKDDragon said:
Eh? The guy I got interviewed by basically just said you're on mostly night shifts and you've gotta clean the place up. Doesn't seem too difficult, right? :confused:
in service dept is better i reckon

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
im not gay lol

im 18 now... i turned 17 in december.. but eh... still works anyway....

techworks gets 16 fucking dollars an hour and that's on probation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
JKDDragon said:
No.

If you're working in a deli, you're expected to be able to haul crates of meat up to and including 50kg, some of which have strands of rotten meat leaking out. As you mentioned, you have to clean up the place, pick up and dispose of any biological material on the ground (sometimes without gloves).

If you're going to work in a deli go and buy yourself some waterproof boots and trousers.

dingding

Señor Member
HSC
Komaticom said:
No.

If you're working in a deli, you're expected to be able to haul crates of meat up to and including 50kg, some of which have strands of rotten meat leaking out. As you mentioned, you have to clean up the place, pick up and dispose of any biological material on the ground (sometimes without gloves).

If you're going to work in a deli go and buy yourself some waterproof boots and trousers.
Thats all lies. I work in a woolies deli and the heaviest crates are 12kg, you never have to pick up shit without gloves and there are boots supplied altough I never use them.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
No.

I wouldn't they'd be anywhere near 50kg, because at induction yesterday there was an absolute huge section (even including a personal message from Woolworths Ltd. CEO Roger Corbett) about workplace safety and that you're simply not expected to heave things that heavy. In the policies they state 'no task is so urgent that it cannot be done safely'.. so if it was 50kg, they would fully expect you to get atleast another person to do a team move. I don't know which deli you've worked in before, but I doubt it's Woolies right?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Komaticom said:
I wasn't referring to any Coles Myer delis. I'm referring a normal deli, like Joe's Meat Market at Bankstown. A mate of mine works there. He's a gym-junkie, and finds the work hard. The crates he has to throw around are usually 40kg, give or take. I'll be working there in a month unless CM grabs me first.
Normal delis are so unhygenic, they dont use disposible gloves

Collin

HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
I wasn't referring to any Coles Myer delis. I'm referring a normal deli, like Joe's Meat Market at Bankstown. A mate of mine works there. He's a gym-junkie, and finds the work hard. The crates he has to throw around are usually 40kg, give or take. I'll be working there in a month unless CM grabs me first.
I wasn't talking about ColesMyer delis either (--> Woolworths Ltd.). I'm a gym junkie too, and chances are I'd find it tiresome too after awhile. Standard 50kg deadlifts aren't too difficult, but when you have to do them alot and in the position that the crate handles require to lift them in.. it would pretty much suck.

Collin

HSC
N/A
From how much the Woolworths Limited CEO Roger Corbett emphasised on safety, lifting techniques and back injuries (aswell as injuries in general) on the induction DVD.. I'd say not that heavy. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)