Officeworks (1 Viewer)

dingding

Señor Member
HSC
JKDDragon said:
From how much the Woolworths Limited CEO Roger Corbett emphasised on safety, lifting techniques and back injuries (aswell as injuries in general) on the induction DVD.. I'd say not that heavy. :D
"backs for the future"?

thats the only thing i remember from the 12 hours of induction

G

Gavvvvvin

Okay I got a interview comming up for a stationary service assistant at Officeworks. What exactly does this position involve? What will they ask me at the interview? Do I need to have a knowledge on pens and pencils or something? :p

Collin

HSC
N/A
Well I just had my first day at work, pretty cool.. the staff there are friendly and there's a heavy emphasis on teams (hence 'Team members') etc. The North Sydney store really does seem pretty small compared to the other ones so it's like a big family there. I had another new guy with me for orientation and we made friends pretty quickly. Our store needs alot of improvement on the mystery shopper thing though.. ahahahahha.

G

Gavvvvvin

Grrr I totally screwed my interview. I totally wasnt expecting those questions to be asked :(

Collin

HSC
N/A
He's talking about the 1 vs. 1 interview.

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
lol

well if you went well.. i would assume the manage would've called you back in 1 hour..

but if not :(

well that happend to me :) did the store manager for your store do the same for you dragon?

Collin

HSC
N/A
Panda Bear said:
lol

well if you went well.. i would assume the manage would've called you back in 1 hour..

but if not :(

well that happend to me :) did the store manager for your store do the same for you dragon?
Nah, he couldn't call me back until 3 days later because he had a few other interviews to go through.. but he rang me a few times during that period to keep reminding me that he's gonna ring me after those interviews. Then 3 days later my CML employment chick (the one at my group interview) rang me and told me I got the job.. she said that the manager Owen 'was very impressed with you' blah blah. Out of all those interviews only 2 of us guys made it (another guy called Juno).. and now we're the 2 new BM n00bs. Buahahaha.

What I reckon got me in (by asserting these in the manager interview) was:

- Keen interest in tech stuff
- resume and lots of computer related stuff in resume
- previous 5 years retail experience
- availability
- the fact that I got the 'If the _customer_ did this (blah blah) what would you do? questions right. (The reason why I thought this was important was because the North Sydney Officeworks has been getting crap scores in the BM section from those GapBuster mystery shoppers for customer interactions.. so I guess the manager REALLY wanted someone who is good with customers)
- year 10 work experience sheets assessment
- high school reference from principal and year advisor

and note that I never pointed out that I necessarily KNEW alot about BM. Infact, the only thing I'm pretty experienced in is computers/laptops and a big of digital cameras and PDAs. I got in because of all the other stuff like keen interest, previous work experience, customer experience and references.. which surprised me cause I thought they'd only hire people already an absolute expert in everything BM.

Panda Bear

HSC
oh right i see dragon...

but i still think POS is best for bludging and getting paid :p

not when u get fucked up customers coming to you and expecting you know everything but.. coz im only at pos ffs!

Collin

HSC
N/A
I gotta get trained in POS anyway, infact the manager said in the next few months they're gonna make me 'multiskilled' in the stationary, BM AND POS departments.. oh man POS scares me.

Collin

HSC
N/A
BTW what's the pay rate for a 19-20 yr after probation in Techworks?

Panda Bear

HSC
dunno mang...

you get $16 an hour already!

im pretty much multiskilled except in the area of techworks... i know some and not know alot rofl

but yeah.. my contract is with POS. Im pretty efficient at that already... the manger's get me to do other stuff coz having a rather built up guy at POS and wasting him isn't their idea i reckon rofl...

i do stationary and furniture from time to time, furniture imo isn't too hard.. i wouldn't mind training for that section :)

but yeah... POS is easiest.sif have a cry about it :p

Collin

HSC
N/A
I get $16 already? .. more like $12.50 or something.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Komaticom said:
Once you get into your 20's your income would jump pretty high ($20+/hr).

If I'm going to get a job at Offworks I'm going to look over all the hi-tech products in the online catalogue so I can have some relevant knowledge for the job.
congrats dude

Collin

HSC
N/A
$20+/hr? Are you serious? If so, then I'm gonna have a big grin on my face. BTW Panda, how old are you.. and are you still on probation?
I'm not in Techworks and I don't have the means to be in Techworks cause my store doesn't have one.
How much do you people reckon I'll earn NOT on probation, working in BM and 20yr old? (Cause that'll be my situation in 3 months (turning 20 in 2 months and goin off probation obviously in 3 months)). If it's 20+, then I'm sooooooooooo happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)