Official: 2013 Modern History HSC Exam predictions thread (1 Viewer)

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
I don't know why people are predicting cultural + social life. I'll do an essay on it sure, but Racial Policy and other topics are older that haven't been tested.

maddiestevens

HSC
If Modern is as hard as ancient history was I will have a nervous breakdown in the exam.

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
If Modern is as hard as ancient history was I will have a nervous breakdown in the exam.
Ahh really? I felt like Ancient was a seriously good exam. (It's not counting for me so I didn't even study, but overall it seemed easy for those who did study. However, I'm pretty sure it was just because of my topics.. Athenian Society, Pericles etc). Argh whatever happens, I'm just hoping they don't throw some massive curveball :(

Hila

HSC
European conflict:
1. might be a holocaust question. I don't think they ever asked a direct question on it however they can ask it indirectly e.g nazi racial policies
2. causes of ww2 has not been asked for awhile
3. Russia counter offences
4. one or a mixture of allied victory e.g north Africa, air war and d-day

gleeek

HSC
European conflict:
1. might be a holocaust question. I don't think they ever asked a direct question on it however they can ask it indirectly e.g nazi racial policies
2. causes of ww2 has not been asked for awhile
3. Russia counter offences
4. one or a mixture of allied victory e.g north Africa, air war and d-day

I'm betting that it will be an outbreak of war question or a turning point/victory question- airwar or north african campaign

Geniuswas

HSC
Conflict in Europe is always structured like this:
~~~QUESTION ONE~~~
- Pre-war (Appeasement, dictatorships, foreign policies, Nazi-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact, failure of League of Nations)
- Initial stages of World War II (Success of Germany upto 1941, weakness of Allies, Blitzkrieg)

~~~QUESTION TWO~~~
- Turning points (D-Day, Operation Barbarossa/Russian Campaign/Eastern Front, North Africa, Air War/Battle of Britain/Blitz/Strategic bombing of Germany).
- Reasons for German defeat.

Last edited:

gleeek

HSC
~~~QUESTION ONE~~~
- Pre-war (Appeasement, dictatorships, foreign policies, Nazi-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact, failure of League of Nations)
- Initial stages of World War II (Success of Germany upto 1941, weakness of Allies, Blitzkrieg)

~~~QUESTION TWO~~~
- Turning points (D-Day, Operation Barbarossa/Russian Campaign/Eastern Front, North Africa, Air War/Battle of Britain/Blitz/Strategic bombing of Germany).
I reallllllly hope that's how it will be tomorrow because it means it will be on the outbreak of war because last year's question was on German strategies/blitz

bedpotato

HSC
~~~QUESTION ONE~~~

~~~QUESTION TWO~~~
It's not always like that. In 2010, question 1 was about the Battle of Stalingrad and the Russian campaign. Question 2 was the impact of Nazi racial policies on civilians during the European War. And last year, question 2 was about the impact of the war on civilians.

I'm really hoping one of the Russia questions is "reasons for the triumph of Stalin as leader of the USSR". This has never come up from 2008-2012, and I know this perfectly. On the other hand, I'm so shaky on the whole first dot point, Bolshevik Consolidation of Power. If there are two questions on the Bolsheviks, well, I'm screwed. Probably won't be, but still. Ugh. So tempted to not study aims and impact of Soviet foreign policy in great detail since it was asked last year...focusing on Stalin's Rise to power and the Soviet State under Stalin.

For Conflict in Europe, highly likely there'll be a question on growth of European tensions. Maybe appeasement or the Nazi-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact. Every second year they've been asking about growth of European tensions, and since there wasn't a question on this last year, it'll probably be this year.

Personality: expect anything. Hope it's nothing like 2009, "Individuals are products of their times". They haven't used quotes in 2011 or 2012, so maybe they've stopped? Or they're going to use a quote this year.

matt16

HSC
Germany - 1 question on the failure of Weimar, perhaps the extent to which the Depression, nationalism, the Treaty of Versailles were responsible. The other question, I would say something on Nazism in power, maybe totalitarianism?

Indochina - 1 question on Cambodia/Pol Pot and 1 question on the impact of US policy on Indochina

gleeek

HSC
It's not always like that. In 2010, question 1 was about the Battle of Stalingrad and the Russian campaign. Question 2 was the impact of Nazi racial policies on civilians during the European War. And last year, question 2 was about the impact of the war on civilians.

I'm really hoping one of the Russia questions is "reasons for the triumph of Stalin as leader of the USSR". This has never come up from 2008-2012, and I know this perfectly. On the other hand, I'm so shaky on the whole first dot point, Bolshevik Consolidation of Power. If there are two questions on the Bolsheviks, well, I'm screwed. Probably won't be, but still. Ugh. So tempted to not study aims and impact of Soviet foreign policy in great detail since it was asked last year...focusing on Stalin's Rise to power and the Soviet State under Stalin.

For Conflict in Europe, highly likely there'll be a question on growth of European tensions. Maybe appeasement or the Nazi-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact. Every second year they've been asking about growth of European tensions, and since there wasn't a question on this last year, it'll probably be this year.

Personality: expect anything. Hope it's nothing like 2009, "Individuals are products of their times". They haven't used quotes in 2011 or 2012, so maybe they've stopped? Or they're going to use a quote this year.
I reckon it will be on totalitarianism. My teacher has a tendency to predict exam questions (predicted both questions for conflict last year).
Also for conflict, he reckons (as do I) that it will be on tensions/outbreak of war orrrrrrr turning points (air war/al alamein)

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Last Year's question 'why was Germany so successful in the European War up to Operation Barbarossa?' was a massive curveball

It encompasses

League of Nations
Appeasement
Nazi Soviet NA Pact
Fall of Poland, France
Air War (they failed though)

I reckon it'll be Nazi Soviet NA Pact this year/ Air War for the first Q and North Africa for the second Q

Germany: I don't really care because I'm gonna do Weimar and it's the same every year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)