Official dust storm thread (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Dust Storm sweeps the nation

Okay, nevermind. I never saw this thread >_< dammit.

it hurted my nose though. I thought it was gunna be piss weak but that plan was foiled.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Re: What was your first thought this morning when you saw the red/orange sky?

I was like "fuck, I didn't realise my curtains did that..."
Then I opened the curtains and freaked out, first thinking it was some generic apocolypse shit, then chemical warfare, then the sun cooling down. Then I calmed down and thought to myself "shit, maybe this is what sunrise looks like" - I quickly realised that was silly, since sunrise would be the same as sunset. THEN I though of a dust storm, and concluded that this too was a silly idea.

Lentern

HSC

I was like "fuck, I didn't realise my curtains did that..."
Then I opened the curtains and freaked out, first thinking it was some generic apocolypse shit, then chemical warfare, then the sun cooling down. Then I calmed down and thought to myself "shit, maybe this is what sunrise looks like" - I quickly realised that was silly, since sunrise would be the same as sunset. THEN I though of a dust storm, and concluded that this too was a silly idea.
You really were that crazy? Like I said i realised it was a dust storm when it was still dark so didn't really get shocked but if I'd like to think I'd suspect a relatively large and or close fire caused the orange as opposed to the end of the world.

ay0_x

HSC

"HOLY SHIT BLOODY RED HAIR DYE OMFG IT'S IN MY EYES OMFG GET IT OUT OMFG I'M GOING TO BE BLIND"...

after realising that only the sky/outside was red..

"Crap. I need to find a doomsday boyfriend.".

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC

yeah same here

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC

"Mother nature must've forgotten her tampon or something"

But seriously first thing i wondered about was if this is what living on mars would be like.

Puttah

HSC
Re: Holy mother of dust storms

It scared the crap out of me.... Haha no actually, I thought it was really cool!

As I tumbled over to change positions in my sleep this morning at 6am, I took a short glance at what seemed like my closed blinds were separating me from some deep orange apocalyptic wasteland. I pulled the blinds and... oh damn it was a dirty orange/red everywhere!
My attention was quickly turned away from this amazing sight when my cat climbed up to the window and was begging to be let in. (maybe he too was superstitious of red skies?).

At 7:30am I tried to search for the sun in the sky - which was quite a difficult task for me as I had no clue which way to search for north/south etc. without a starry night sky, let alone no sky at all - and concluded that this pale blue ball among all the orange was the sun. I hope I didn't mistake this for the moon...?

klaris

HSC

I wake up at 7:00. Sky being orange and my first reaction was AHHH GLOBAL WARMING!!!
*runs around house screaming, hands in the air*

"It's just a dust storm, you idiot" -- this heart-warming comment came from my older brother, who is 18.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC

You really were that crazy? Like I said i realised it was a dust storm when it was still dark so didn't really get shocked but if I'd like to think I'd suspect a relatively large and or close fire caused the orange as opposed to the end of the world.
Yeah, well... I was sleepy. An apocalypse seemed plausible at the time.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad

my first thought was that my alarm went off early and the sun was still rising. so I went back to sleep. the second time I woke up, I thought it was the apocalypse. and then I went and ate breakfast and went to school as per usual. just like a normal day except, you know, more orange o__o

tanna

HSC

On another note, I found it quite humourous that when showing footage of the red sky, Sunrise played the track that 'No Air' song by Chris Brown hhaha :D

Cee.

HSC

At first, I thought it looked like hell broke loose. But it was pretty cool because it's something that you don't see everyday. Some people chose to stay home because of the dust storm lol.

Freakstyler09

HSC

EPCI EPIC EPIC DUSTSTORM, SYDNEY COULD DO WITH SOME MORE, IT WAS SO INTERESTING AND COOL :sun:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

every single whacko wearing a towel or mask today was asian. sars returns.

it was fucking lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)