Official dust storm thread (1 Viewer)

Sprangler

HSC
Why is there dust everywhere?

I woke up awhile ago and there seems to be dust covering all the cars outside. What happened?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Re: Why is there dust everywhere?

i woke up hoping it was nuclear fallout from iran's blowing up of mother israel

alas

:(

Metal_Katuron

HSC
Duststorm is, uhh, dusty?:confused: kind of cool looking too, everything has changed. When it was thickest I ran out and pretended to be muad dib from DUNE (yeah, i'm that cool)

Apparently It blew in from lake eyre or something, bad for them but good for our gardens. They lost TONNES of topsoil. It hit really suddenly and lasted for about the past day, i'm in canberra so rain cleared it up pretty fast, what about everyone else?

greenie1113

Bone Saw is ready
HSC
haha i woke up this morning
n everything looked orange
i honestly thought the sun was setting

but the sun looked heaps cool today

Sprangler

HSC
Dude I already made a fucking thread on this u stole my thunder, or dust as it were.

Sprangler

HSC

Yeah I thought that at first too. Do we know the cause yet?

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Re: Holy mother of dust storms

My sister woke me up at 6am and made it sound like I was going to miss it if I didn't hurry and get my ass out of bed.

Yeah, did not expect the whole red thing. The dust even got into my house!!! What the?

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC

During winter in Australia low pressure storms are generated in the Indian and Southern Oceans, whipping up huge seas and creating severe cold fronts which sweep across southern and eastern Australia. A severe thunderstorm with 100 km per hour (60 miles per hour) plus winds formed in South Australia state on Monday and began whipping up dust from drought-hit outback lands. As vegetation gets dried off the topsoil is loosened, and it easily blows away. As the dust storm travelled into the eastern seaboard state of New South Wales, one of the worst hit by drought, it grew in size and by Wednesday morning was affecting most of NSW, the fifth biggest state or territory representing 10 percent of the island continent, and had descended on Sydney like a thick blanket.

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Re: What was your first thought this morning when you saw the red/orange sky?

No HSC? Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
"....still orange"
HAHA. +1
Butsrsly, I did think that it was a mass of toxic gas or something bad. I was kind of freaking a little. I was looking news updates on the net, and I couldn't find any (bear in mind, this was at 6:am)
And, I laughed when I was playing "O Green World" by Gorillaz. "O Green World, don't desert me now".
I found it appropriate.

Last edited:

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Re: Holy mother of dust storms

Bloody hell, can you resize next time trickster? It gave my IE browser a hernia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)