OFFICIAL PHYSICS HSC 2015 Prophecies!!!!! --> FROM A NOSTRADAMUS DESCENDANT!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Re: OFFICIAL PHYSICS HSC 2015 Prophecies!!!!! --> FROM A NOSTRADAMUS DESCENDANT!!!!!!

Chuck a sick NostradaMUZZ

Mr_Kap

HSC
Re: OFFICIAL PHYSICS HSC 2015 Prophecies!!!!! --> FROM A NOSTRADAMUS DESCENDANT!!!!!!

Can anyone help the all holy Nostradamus out with Einstein vs Classical theory?

what do i need to mention?

malcolm21

HSC
N/A

Can anyone help the all holy Nostradamus out with Einstein vs Classical theory?

what do i need to mention?
Classical wave theory was shitty cause it couldnt explain the UV catastrophe, where it seemed for low wavelengths of light an infinite intensity will be produced by the black body. Einstein said that light carried packets of discrete energy called photons with energy e = hf, so there isnt an infinite intensity produced, but an intensity proportional to the photos

Mr_Kap

HSC

Classical wave theory was shitty cause it couldnt explain the UV catastrophe, where it seemed for low wavelengths of light an infinite intensity will be produced by the black body. Einstein said that light carried packets of discrete energy called photons with energy e = hf, so there isnt an infinite intensity produced, but an intensity proportional to the photos
what about e = hf - w??

and do i need to know explicitly what classical thought about frequency, intensity

malcolm21

HSC
N/A

what about e = hf - w??

and do i need to know explicitly what classical thought about frequency, intensity
it's maximum kinetic energy = energy of photon (hf) - W( work function). That's for the photoelectric effect lol, the energy of the photon must be greater than the threshold frequency to have any kinetic energy allowing the liberation of electrons. I'm not sure about the bolded part, we'll both need someone to help with that

zachary99

HSC
N/A

what about e = hf - w??

you may need to say how Einstein suggested that there was a minimum energy of emr required to emit a photoelecton (e=hf-w)
classical physics predicted that the intensity of the emission of photoelectrons were dependent on emrs (light) wavelength, however Einstein (using planks hypothesis) suggested that the intensity of photoelectron emission was dependent on lights frequency hence e = hf

Last edited:

zachary99

HSC
N/A

If the frequency of light is above a metals threshold frequency, a photon will pass all of its energy to an electron in the form of kinetic energy.
hope this helps

Mr_Kap

HSC

So increase intensity = more photoelectrons emitted
Increase in frequency = greater KE of photoelectron which leaves.

sy37

HSC

Also emission time

Classical theory predicts relatively high emission times for low intensity light, it instant though...that is just another aspect

spatula232

HSC

This only holds true until a certain point. Intensity is purely the number of photons, yet there is a limit to the number of electrons that can be emitted. As a result, increasing intensity led to increasing photocurrent to a certain max, whereas I think classical thought it would just keep increasing?

keepLooking

HSC

I have a feeling a 2-3 marker Braggs will appear.

Mr_Kap

HSC

I have a feeling a 2-3 marker Braggs will appear.
I had an insight it was in the paper as well --> but need to find out if it was in MC or S/A...will get back to you later.

keepLooking

HSC

I had an insight it was in the paper as well --> but need to find out if it was in MC or S/A...will get back to you later.
BEHOLD. The power of NOSTRADAMUS will be summoned soon.

Mr_Kap

HSC

My insights do not appear to show the BRAGGS popping up in the S/A.

TehFlyaar

HSC

Would anyone happen to have any 'visions' about what's to come in Medical Physics?

keepLooking

HSC

Any updates ? ~

Would anyone happen to have any 'visions' about what's to come in Medical Physics?
2-3-2-3-4-5-6

6 marker will be something about CAT alone.

Last edited:

Mr_Kap

HSC

Any updates ? ~
soon. just getting my final prophecies together. Will be done in around 20 minutes (hopefully). if not definitely by around 10:20

keepLooking

HSC

soon. just getting my final prophecies together. Will be done in around 20 minutes (hopefully). if not definitely by around 10:20
Alright. I am getting a strong vision that Braggs will be the second question in the exam. Not sure MC or SA.

malcolm21

HSC
N/A

Any updates ? ~

2-3-2-3-4-5-6

6 marker will be something about CAT alone.
Reckon there will be a big question on MRI? It's pretty hard to remember mri compared to the rest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)