• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

OMG just wasted my WHOLE holidays (1 Viewer)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
AS I'VE SAID TO RIVALRY, SAY GOODBYE TO THAT ATAR AIM OF 96 UNTIL YOU PULL YOUR SOCKS UP.

COME ON, PICK YOUR GAME UP.

NOT TRYING TO BE TOO HARSH, BUT THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE STUDYING 4-5 HOURS A DAY IN YEAR 11.

YOU'RE COMPETING WITH THEM.

YOU DON'T WANT TO FACE THE WRATH OF YOUR PARENTS WHEN YOU'RE UPSET BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T GET THE RESULTS YOU WOULD LIKE.
Don't listen to this. There's no competition. (jokes)

The only obstacle is yourself. You just have to exceed your limits and integrate all your focus into a goal.

As your focus approaches infinity, so will the success rate of your goals.

Lean to focus (what I'm trying to do) and everything will come to play.

Don't focus on your rivalry with others, just focus on yourself.

Magical Kebab

HSC
Don't listen to this. There's no competition. (jokes)

The only obstacle is yourself. You just have to exceed your limits and integrate all your focus into a goal.

As your focus approaches infinity, so will the success rate of your goals.

Lean to focus (what I'm trying to do) and everything will come to play.

Don't focus on your rivalry with others, just focus on yourself.
This. I have learnt to not pay that much attention to others. You can do what you can do :)
Although its sometimes good to compare, don't let it let u down.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
HSC: 2013

I wouldnt be too worried

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
not necessarily... that quote from the board can take two meanings: yr 11 yearly report mark is given up to 20% weighting in year 12 internal assessment mark

second meaning: prelim questions in yr 12 assessment tasks and trials worth a total up to 20% weighting of year 12 internal assessment mark.

But..... I doubt that a school is gonna bother checking its year 12 math assessment tasks and trial exams to ensure that up to 20% of total marks in year 12 assessment papers is prelim.

Thus.... i feel the first meaning is more appropriate.... and more time-effective.
Nope, you are misinterpreting it completely.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
not necessarily... that quote from the board can take two meanings: yr 11 yearly report mark is given up to 20% weighting in year 12 internal assessment mark

second meaning: prelim questions in yr 12 assessment tasks and trials worth a total up to 20% weighting of year 12 internal assessment mark.

But..... I doubt that a school is gonna bother checking its year 12 math assessment tasks and trial exams to ensure that up to 20% of total marks in year 12 assessment papers is prelim.

Thus.... i feel the first meaning is more appropriate.... and more time-effective.
I've been told several times by teachers that they include some prelim questions in our tests, because we still get prelim questions in the HSC exam.
And I was sure none of our marks carry over from year 11. Its the same as every other year - you start the next grade with a clean slate.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
"Up to 20% of the internal assessment mark submitted to the Board of Studies for the Mathematics course may be based on the Preliminary course."

The wording in that quote is darn ambiguous. I wouldn't get so confused if that is worded as "Up to 20% of the internal assessment mark submitted to the Board of Studies for the Mathematics course may be based on the Preliminary course content."

Ah I see.... so nothing's changed in regards to internal math assessment. So Yr 11 mark does not carry over to yr 12. And u guys get prelim questions in yr 12 assessment tasks as usual.
Correct.

wildchild666

HSC
Its just prelim, its ok. Unless you have half yearlies in the next few weeks, just chill. Prelim holidays are for relaxing :) ...enjoy it while it lasts.
I have half yearlies in week two. Haven't studied at all, as usual.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Yep, I did practically no work last holidays, and I've been off for 3 weeks since I was on a band tour with school all of last week.
I've got a french speaking exam tomorrow and I've hardly prepared and a massive EE1 assignment due on Tuesday that I haven't started and I'm really regretting all the procrastination.
Now is the time to stop procrastinating and make a real effort in working towards your goal.

I have half yearlies in week two. Haven't studied at all, as usual.
LOL, you don't need to. :p

wildchild666

HSC
Now is the time to stop procrastinating and make a real effort in working towards your goal.

LOL, you don't need to. :p
I do need to. Kind of... I'll probably be getting C's or low B's in Physics and Extension maffs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)