• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

opinion on journeys question???? (1 Viewer)

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
So how would you go about it? Just as an example.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
For all we know, it could be a letter responding to one of the composers of the texts in Section I :)

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
If that happened there's a good chance I'd be fighting the urge to get up and leave lol. Or break down and cry? I dunno that I'm too great under exam pressure. Assessment pressure is fine. Exams? Creativity goes out the window =)

tessblahh

HSC
i think they will change the text type in paper 2. thats what they did in the catholic trials, had to do a speech and a feature article. but the non catholic schools had all straightforward essays from what i know. i reckon they're gonna mix it up and shock us :(

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
hhmm i dont know they might want to have the journeys concept go out on a high for students by making it straightforward

also i dont thikn they even have enough money to hire someone to create some terrible uestions i mean they lost stimulus booklet and this whole concept because lack of money lol

emmmy

HSC
my teacher said he thinks the harwood question (thats critical study) will be the one thats not an essay.. cause its been in a syl. for years..

so im just hoping that tomorrow its an essay and a narrative.. :D <fingers crossed>

mathslover

HSC
my creative is prepared too..
yup yup fingers crossed its a narrative.. just a picture or quote as stimulus that we can chuck in someplace in oour preparaed story. :)

Here's to happy hoping.
cheers.

independantz

HSC
obimoshman1234 said:
hhmm i dont know they might want to have the journeys concept go out on a high for students by making it straightforward

also i dont thikn they even have enough money to hire someone to create some terrible uestions i mean they lost stimulus booklet and this whole concept because lack of money lol
Lol? they didn't loose the stimulus and this concept due to lack of money. They took out the stmulus booklet as it was no longer necessary. They only introduced the stimulus booklet so that it would be weasier to grasp the journey concept and now after 5 years or how ever long they didn't need it anymore. I also doubt they require a lot of money to hire a person to make a question lol? I mean they have a whole year to make up one.

*Baby-K*

HSC
I've pre-prepared my Section 3, and 2. I just timed my section 3 and it takes me 54 min to write cause its just over 1500 words I really can't make it any shorter :cold: looks like I'm gonna have to write at the speed of light. My creative normally takes me 35 min so that leaves me with 31 min for Section 1

Do you guys think it's possible?

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
lol well i usually factor in about another couple minutes for stress and stuff u feel in the exam u. and 1500 word essay hope its that long because u can chop out bits because if it aint adaptable god help u

*Baby-K*

HSC
I do the stress and planning bit in the time I have left over once I've read all the texts for section 1 but still can't write and then I zoom :rolleyes: I guess I might forget some parts of it and won't include it but my memory is pretty good- I just remembered the whole essay word for word. I tried cutting bits out- found one sentence. My tutor went through it as well and she couldn't find much to throw out of it. Anyway I hope the question fits well to what i've written so I don't spend my precious time thinking on how to change the question and emphasise other points.
I also noticed I tend to write faster in the exam and cut my prac time by about 5 minutes

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
*Baby-K* said:
I've pre-prepared my Section 3, and 2. I just timed my section 3 and it takes me 54 min to write cause its just over 1500 words I really can't make it any shorter :cold: looks like I'm gonna have to write at the speed of light. My creative normally takes me 35 min so that leaves me with 31 min for Section 1

Ok, its like this, you know that futurama episode where fry drinks 100 cups of coffee in one day and then when theres a crisis the world just kind of slows down for him and he does everything at the speed of light. Thats what you need to do. :)

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
Thats right, I made a Vietnam War reference and people laughed.

I am good.
i dont know do u actually consider holliee people????? lol jkz

and this coffee idea intrigues me hhmm

souadhaneen

HSC
tessblahh said:
i think they will change the text type in paper 2. thats what they did in the catholic trials, had to do a speech and a feature article. but the non catholic schools had all straightforward essays from what i know. i reckon they're gonna mix it up and shock us :(
nop, i go to a public school and

module A: debate
module B: essay
Module C: essay for a book

*Baby-K*

HSC
-may-cat- said:
Ok, its like this, you know that futurama episode where fry drinks 100 cups of coffee in one day and then when theres a crisis the world just kind of slows down for him and he does everything at the speed of light. Thats what you need to do. :)
I am finishing my second cup of coffee :read:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
^^
i dunno, apparantly the BoS has been moving away from obscure forms as students are worrying too much about getting the form right and not enough about what they are actually writing.

I personally think it will be formal/personal essays, maybe some personal reflections, and a letter for the creative writing. maybe thats being a little too optomistic?

hjp.

HSC
*Baby-K* said:

is a 1500 word essay necessary?
you can get good marks with 1000.
quality, not quantity.

*Baby-K*

HSC
hjp. said:
is a 1500 word essay necessary?
you can get good marks with 1000.
quality, not quantity.
It's not necessary but after the trials (in section 3 I got 10/15) my teachers told me that my structure is good, analysis is good just needs more techniques. SO. now I have about 30 techniques in the essay, consequently to get the techniques I had to put in more quotes or visual analysis. And now I've ended up with 1500 words which is what James Ruse writes (according to my tutor). Don't get me wrong it's all quality stuff, as I said before- I could only find one sentence to cut out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)