Overall, was the School Certificate what you expected? (1 Viewer)

The School Certificate was...

• Cake/Very Easy

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Easy

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Fair/Average

Votes: 35 51.5%
  • Hard

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Very Hard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WTF IS THIS!? So hard man!

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Wait, the SC was this week?!

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I found it rather easy, but this years papers were quite unfair and hard compared to previous years papers. For example the source questions in HSIE sucked for us, and we were given two questions in science worth 7 marks when last year there was just one 6 mark question.

blackratpoo

HSC
stop feeling sorry for yourself you loser. regardless, its the SC. it cant be unfair! also, we got a high marker prac and a desalination 7 marker last year. you shoukd love the longer responses. you get to show off what you know so the more you get the easier the paper. if you expect any subject in the hsc to be full of 2-3 mark questions then go work at macas loser.

Cee.

HSC
It was okay I guess. Can't say easy or hard though. They had some really easy questions and others were confusing like the history question.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
I was under the impression it was like the basic skills test - really easy and not to bother studying although I don't think I did as well as I would of liked, I should of gone over my civics notes

in-sane

HSC
the maths was actually harder than i thought...
science + english was alright.
geo + history was just utterly rubbish since the stuff i 'studied' wasn't even in the test...
(like urban growth & decline and other stuff.. -___-")

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Fair/Average, although I must say the questions were a little different compared to other years.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
stop feeling sorry for yourself you loser. regardless, its the SC. it cant be unfair! also, we got a high marker prac and a desalination 7 marker last year. you shoukd love the longer responses. you get to show off what you know so the more you get the easier the paper. if you expect any subject in the hsc to be full of 2-3 mark questions then go work at macas loser.
Seriously practically everyone believes the questions this year were harder or very different compared to previous years. I have no problem with 7 mark questions but some other people on BOS were not taught or prepared for the strange big mark questions in Science and HSIE. If people on here had issues, then the people who are not doing so well in school in the first place would have completely screwed it up.

Also i didn't notice the 7 marker in your test because the pdf was set out weird with tons of blank pages. This is the school certificate, not the HSC and even if I were to leave school right this minute i could guarantee you I would get a job better than one at maccas.

Anyway what is a person in year 12 doing fighting over something like this in a year 10 forum section, i'm allowed to have my own oppinion and so are you but when the majority of people agree with what I said then you need to just leave it alone.

FTW

HSC
I found it rather easy, but this years papers were quite unfair and hard compared to previous years papers. For example the source questions in HSIE sucked for us, and we were given two questions in science worth 7 marks when last year there was just one 6 mark question.
There were 2 7 markers in science???

x-Manda-x

HSC
There were 2 7 markers in science???
I didn't realise this either, shows how much I pay attention to what the questions are worth.

The school certificate, was average. Overall easy exams, with a few tricky questions in each. I can't comment on the history / geography paper, as I didn't sit the exam this year, but what I've heard history was okay however geography was a killer.

SC did live up to my expectations, an exam that the teachers threatened was so important, to be over in 3 days and have no care in the world before, during and after the exams occured.

crazyinlove

HSC
Science was easy, I finished the entire test before an hour was up...
And i did every single question, filled all the lines and wrote underneath in the very last question.

Did anybody else's schools let them leave the room after an hour? ours did, but some of my friends said theirs didnt.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Are you talking about that flow chart that we had to complete? That was only 4 marks.

It was pretty fair/average, I must say that some of the extended responses were a lot more retarded than previous papers'.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Are you talking about that flow chart that we had to complete? That was only 4 marks.

It was pretty fair/average, I must say that some of the extended responses were a lot more retarded than previous papers'.
Hmm sure, mine honestly must have had a printing error on it lol. I saw it say 7 and im like WTF why is it worth 7. Then i counted all the boxes (lol useless but worth mentioning) and seeing there were 6.

Maybe there was actually 7 boxes and thats where I was getting confused?

kr73114

HSC
Did anybody else's schools let them leave the room after an hour? ours did, but some of my friends said theirs didnt.
you can't leave in the last hour of an SC exam. only in the first hour according to board of studies.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
6 boxes...?

I'm very sure that the evolution flow chart that we had to complete only had 4 boxes...

The 7 marks was probably the total marks for the WHOLE question. Remember, the flow chart was Part A) of the question. On the back of that paper, there was another part, Part B) where you had to talk about some scientific theory and a piece of evidence that supported it.

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Science was easy, I finished the entire test before an hour was up...
And i did every single question, filled all the lines and wrote underneath in the very last question.

Your pen must have been on fire or your answers really short.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Hmm sure, mine honestly must have had a printing error on it lol. I saw it say 7 and im like WTF why is it worth 7. Then i counted all the boxes (lol useless but worth mentioning) and seeing there were 6.

Maybe there was actually 7 boxes and thats where I was getting confused?
I swear there were only 4 boxes....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)