500 log
500 introduction
5000 central material
500 conclusion
Appendix (if necessary)
Bibliography

katiexx

HSC
thanx everyone i have done the max word limit for all of mine and the central material is nearly finished but everything else is doen i just didnt know if its to long thanx =] xo:music:

Miss Code

HSC
I restarted writing mine :burn: same topic, same information just newer outlook. lucky my appendix are done, and annoted resources just have to redo the body,

Hows everyone elses?

Artemis_ephesus

HSC
Everyone seems obsessed about having an appendix. Haven't you read the marker's comments? The one thing they say every year is that they aren't necessary, and the vast majority of students just attach them to make their work look good and don't talk about them at all, which does absolutely nothing for your PIP. So unless you've got something groundbreaking to say, don't use one.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Everyone seems obsessed about having an appendix. Haven't you read the marker's comments? The one thing they say every year is that they aren't necessary, and the vast majority of students just attach them to make their work look good and don't talk about them at all, which does absolutely nothing for your PIP. So unless you've got something groundbreaking to say, don't use one.

I disagree, they can be really good if you refer to them intelligently and a lot of students do.

disFUNKshunal

HSC
My sister did Society about 3 years ago and had 40 pages by the end.

Bu it totally depends on your font and spacing and everything.

kmt10

HSC
mines at 66, almost finished. n that includes refernce list & appendix. but im way over for my log/intro/concl... but its hard to make it decent AND short,, so the markers can just deal with it :)

sj1990

HSC
Mine's 94 pages at the moment... and couting. But then, my actual PIP is only around 30 pages. My focus group is 38. I figure, it took me ages to type up all my primary methodologies, so why not show it off?

sj1990

HSC
Is that in the word limit??
Hey - well, the resource and appendix list isn't included in the word limit, so that's fine. At the moment, mine's 4500 but I need to cut my chapter five, so I can add more extensive reflection points. I'm aiming for 5500 ... 500 words over is ok, right?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Hey - well, the resource and appendix list isn't included in the word limit, so that's fine. At the moment, mine's 4500 but I need to cut my chapter five, so I can add more extensive reflection points. I'm aiming for 5500 ... 500 words over is ok, right?
Officially you get a 10% over buffer, but i honestly doubt they'll care if you go over that as long as its not dribble.

EDIT: hang on, i just saw this...

Mine's 94 pages at the moment... and couting. But then, my actual PIP is only around 30 pages. My focus group is 38. I figure, it took me ages to type up all my primary methodologies, so why not show it off?
I'm telling you right now, the markers will not appreciate this. This is the kind of useless, ridiculously unnecessarily long appendix that pisses them off, i mean come on man your PIP is near 100 pages long but only 30 of them are worth anything? It really doesn't reflect well on you, it just looks like your trying to beef up a mediocre PIP.

Last edited:

teach77

HSC
N/A
I disagree, they can be really good if you refer to them intelligently and a lot of students do.
As long as students are aware that 95% of the time they do not get read, or even looked at. They are NOT in the marking criteria and therefore most markers (and that really does mean nearly all) don't look - markers don't have time to look at sections that will not contribute to the mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)