Paper 2: All modules-difficulty (1 Viewer)

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
A - Frankenstein/Blade Runner - Didn't throw me off that one so was pretty good.

B - Gwen Harwood - Nominated a poem I hadn't even looked at in months, I had absolutely no idea what the poem was about hahaha. I managed though...

C - Julius Caesar - Said One text, was a little hard to work in just one of my related texts (I chose the 2 because they conflicted each other) but it all went well in the end, this was the one I was happiest with.

purrito

HSC
Mod B was hardest for sure. Speeches had me crying in foetal position by the end.
Then C followed by A both of which felt about 100000X better than B :(

WaterIsLiquid

HSC
Definitely Module B. Module B was the bane of my existence, the quintessential feeling of alienation...

HOWEVER, Module A and C were relatively similar in ease, and seemed to follow the past questions very well. Module A followed the typical question on context and Module C's substitution of "diverse and provocative insights" with, more or less, "unique and evocative" wasn't particularly devastating.
Mod B was the BACKBONE of BOS. it was extremely difficult, and so i laughed at those who had prepared responses, and still thought they did good, cause they dont understand the requirements of the question.

jamesfirst

HSC
Mod B was the BACKBONE of BOS. it was extremely difficult, and so i laughed at those who had prepared responses, and still thought they did good, cause they dont understand the requirements of the question.
I had a prepared one and wrote around 1100 due to the specified poem

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
Module C was seriously shit.
I hate vague and open ended questions.
I mean "unique and evocative" what?

Tasha270494

HSC
Mod A - yeah. it was good, although I don't know if I actually PROVED how the two texts accentuated distinctive contexts..
Mod B - no comment.. freaking screwed me over
Mod C - regurgitated essay with a few evocative's and unique's here and there LOL

I am actually expected a very average mark for Eng. :/

jamesfirst

HSC
A - Frankenstein/Blade Runner - Didn't throw me off that one so was pretty good.

B - Gwen Harwood - Nominated a poem I hadn't even looked at in months, I had absolutely no idea what the poem was about hahaha. I managed though...

C - Julius Caesar - Said One text, was a little hard to work in just one of my related texts (I chose the 2 because they conflicted each other) but it all went well in the end, this was the one I was happiest with.

wtf ?

You do exact texts as me.

jamesfirst

HSC
Great texts right!? :D

Not really. However I did really like Julius Caesar, the others sucked.
I couldn't do my 2nd related because of the question. But turns out that I still wrote 980 words... wow

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I couldn't do my 2nd related because of the question. But turns out that I still wrote 980 words... wow
Yea I had to change mine a bit because I could only use 1 of my related texts but I think it worked out well in the end. Sounds like more than what I wrote, I probably had 700 at the most.

JustJackie

HSC
Uni Grad
Great texts right!? :D

Not really. However I did really like Julius Caesar, the others sucked.
Well, I also do the exact same texts and I didn't mind Frankenstein and Blade Runner at all. Although, for Harwood, I spread my study for each poem a bit thinly.

nathanf

HSC
Module C: Rep and Text ( History and Memory) Was my worst. Mainly because I didn't finish reading, nor particularly enjoy studying the Fiftieth Gate. Way too much Holocaust literature since yr 6.

B: Hamlet was actually enjoyable because I liked studying it and enjoyed understanding it on a deeper level. Question was awful but.

A: Pretty Easy Generic(ish) Question for W;t and Donne about understanding contexts of both texts and Context together to ascertain a new meaning.

jamesfirst

HSC
Well, I also do the exact same texts and I didn't mind Frankenstein and Blade Runner at all. Although, for Harwood, I spread my study for each poem a bit thinly.
Harwood was tedious to study throughout the year...

Frankenstein/BR was fun because I fully understood it.

Julius caesar was so fun!!! because it was about betrayal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)