Parents reaction to ATAR (2 Viewers)

kanux

HSC
i have no idea what my dad's first reaction, his over in aust and i'm overseas with my mum o_O
but he called and my mum picked up, i could hear his voice through the phone

anyways i spose he was ecstatic while my mum was happy for a minute then couldn't care less.

jet

Banned
HSC
My father still hasn't congratulated me (nor has mother, now that I think about it).

Everyone at school was happy though :D

thebrightside

HSC
My mum was really shocked about the ATAR (she was expecting 70s... she thinks I completely slacked off all year) but both her and dad were extremely happy about it. Throughout the year my mum had voiced her opinion on the low ATAR expectation matter, when I was picking uni courses and stuff, and after I got my 90s ATAR Dad was all "You showed her ;D" 'cause he knows how frustrated I get with her.

I was at a christmas party today and one of the parents congratulated me for my result, then said that my dad was so proud of me, which was really nice. I guess I like appeasing my parents after all...

HSC
hah. well.

this was what i received as initial reactions to my ATAR:
mom - "but many people did very well this year too, didn't they? ... do you know tom from church? he got a higher UAI last year."
dad - after handing him the UAC letter containing my ATAR, he looked at it and then decided to read the list of my subjects aloud

:mad1: + :haha:, really

(my ATAR is 95.70)

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
This thread makes me lol. High expectations much?!

I was pretty lazy throughout the year and managed to scrape a mid 80's atar. My mum was ECTASTIC, because she didn't want me to do anything along the likes of commerce, med or engi.

My dad, on the other hand... I showed him the letter just as he was to leave for work, and he simply said "Oh," and then left the house, although I could hear him bitching later on to my mum behind my back about it. He's always babbling about how doctors have such an easy life and until recently, didn't cease to mention how phat their paychecks were. Sigh.

shediedlarfing

HSC
mum: "congrats darling!"
dad: *tumbleweed
and my uncle drunkenly announced to the whole of my church just how awesome i am lmaoo (for the record, my uncle lives with us every weekend so he's SORTA my parent :p)

ATAR: 92.9

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
My dad was nice at first but when I admitted I didn't study as much as I could have he opened a can of whoop ass

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
Haha my dad wouldn't go to work until he found out. Then when I told him he looked down at the ground and almost started crying 68.10 was not what he was expecting.

His response:

"So you can't get into uni..."

FML.

you did well considering you failed 3 subs?

i always thought it was impossible to fail a sub? lol

and everyone else in this thread is getting in the 90's, lol goes to show hsc was merely a joke this year.

its as if more people score in the 90's then people who score in the 50's or 60's.

which is strange isnt it?

anyway nice results guys, whether your bullshitting or not, but good stuff.

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
and everyone else in this thread is getting in the 90's, lol goes to show hsc was merely a joke this year.
Isn't ATAR a rank? meaning that assuming the same number of people sit the hsc, the same number of people will get a certain range?

I'm pretty sure it's just the 90ers that are posting :)

philphie

Banned
HSC
This thread makes me lol. High expectations much?!

I was pretty lazy throughout the year and managed to scrape a mid 80's atar. My mum was ECTASTIC, because she didn't want me to do anything along the likes of commerce, med or engi.

My dad, on the other hand... I showed him the letter just as he was to leave for work, and he simply said "Oh," and then left the house, although I could hear him bitching later on to my mum behind my back about it. He's always babbling about how doctors have such an easy life and until recently, didn't cease to mention how phat their paychecks were. Sigh.
sounds like my dad. all he asked was "is that still high enough to be a solicitor or a doctor?" i told him yeah but i didn't want to be either of those things, then he was like "but you could still do those things right?" then i go yeah. then he leaves without a smile or a congrats. i twas the most we talked in months

10andeje

HSC
yeh yeh, i know spin off from last years.

Parents were sleeping when i told them i got 97.85, dad woke up said 'good work, now lemme sleep!!', and mum was fast asleep.

I WANT MY HIGH FIVE!!!!!!!!

hahaha, your turn!!
since no one has given you one i am giving you an imaginary high five

M@ster P

HSC
Haha my dad wouldn't go to work until he found out. Then when I told him he looked down at the ground and almost started crying 68.10 was not what he was expecting.

His response:

"So you can't get into uni..."

FML.

Hey sorry but you didnt do well in 4unit or 3unit english, you basically failed according to your sig

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
Yeah, my parents don't really care, as long as I can get into Uni...for some reason they really want me to go, cause I wanted to take a year off and save up, but they're really pushing for me to go next year

jaychouf4n

HSC
Lol I lied to my dad first.

I was like "Sorry dad but I got 95"

And the look he gave me was priceless, it looked like he was about to cry.

Then I was like "Just playing you dad i got 99.5"

And he was happy :) But seriously high expectations much, 95 is failing for him...

But afterwards, he asked me what my friend X got, and I was like "99.85" and he was "I don't think you studied enough. You went to the same school as this boy why didn't you beat him?"

LOL it's a freaking competition for my dad -.- Seriously sometimes I even think he's living through me...

My mum was really happy :) She was with me when I got the result. The best thing was the few days before this I basically told her that I didn't expect to be able to get into law straight off. On top of this I forgot my BoS pin so I couldn't check my marks beforehand. So yeah she was thrilled :)

snorlaxx

Banned
HSC
My parents are more concerned about uni next year, instead of my results.

determine

Premium Member
HSC
so happy that my hard work paid off. amazed really. and especially with the nature of my subjects, many people, not just my parents, find my efforts so insanely inspiring!

MWAAZ! good luck everyone! :)

cerys

because i can.
HSC
Received the results in China over the phone from my bro.

Mummy was proud of my achievement and boasted to my relatives :)

I wish I had gotten higher but anything over 90 is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)