Pens (1 Viewer)

imnotnutsiswear

HSC
My year advisor gave me the advice that when writing answers for question you should write in blue pen because at the marking centres its alot easier for the markers to see blue pen from black pen especially after 4-5 hours of marking papers.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
imnotnutsiswear said:
My year advisor gave me the advice that when writing answers for question you should write in blue pen because at the marking centres its alot easier for the markers to see blue pen from black pen especially after 4-5 hours of marking papers.
that sounds a bit stupid

~untitled~

HSC
Hmmm, black pen is soo much better... But then if everyone started writing in blue pen....

And its not like theyre gunna go "wow, this person worte in blue pen, 100%!"

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
I'm a black penner myself... but it's wierd coz no matter how much i write, my pens never seem to run out...

But don't you hate it when your pen lasts like, half a year, and then on the day of one of your tests, it just splutters and dies?

magpam said:
hehe i usually use blue

force of habit

been usuing them since year 5
in year 5 our teacher forced us all to write in blue, and to write slanty cursive.... it was horrible.... And i've never written in cursive since.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
magpam said:
pens don't really matter anyway

and long as the work right?

or do they???:uhoh:
I think its more important on what you are writing. Take 3-4 pens into an exam. Tell your friends who forgot one to piss off and cruise to your band6

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Without Wings said:
nope, as I said it's not really a big deal if you use blue or black, or varying different types of pens... it isn't like you get extra marks for the use of a particular pen or colour. Just use the pen you are comfortable with (and take spares!). People seem to prefer different pens because they can write neater/quicker etc with them so whichever pen is your fave...content is the thing that gets you marks.

Just don't use pink and purple pens or something silly. I was marking year 10 assignments the other day and someone wrote the whole thing in multicoloured fluoro pens things :confused: which looked very pretty but wasn't exactly great for reading ;)
Owch =S

That must`ve been hell bad to read. !

kloudsurfer

HSC
Without Wings said:
Actually black pen is better. Black pen is often easier to read, as it provides a good contrast and is usually darker than a blue pen. All the markers i've talked to say that they prefer reading black pen (especially those marking at night under fluoro lighting), although a lot of students do use blue.
It's not really a big deal if you use blue or black, it isn't like you get extra marks for the use of pen colour...just try to avoid making it excessively hard to read for the marker (so don't write your whole response in red pen or something).
What she said (about pen colour and light and black being easier to read....).

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
I prefer using a black pen. Blue is a little harder to read, seeing as the lines are also blue.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Lol am I the only guy who prefers blue? XP When I write in black, the colour is so intense, it hurts my eyes. Then again, blue sometimes fades for me, but eh. My eyes are already bad enough, I don't wannt have to squint to make it easier for my eyes to read any notes

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Chinmoku03 said:
Lol am I the only guy who prefers blue? XP When I write in black, the colour is so intense, it hurts my eyes. Then again, blue sometimes fades for me, but eh. My eyes are already bad enough, I don't wannt have to squint to make it easier for my eyes to read any notes
nope chinmoku , i prefer blue over black as well.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Blue Pen FTW. But I sometimes change. I'm using blue pen for half a year and then I look into my pencil case, and there is only a black pen left.

I start using that and eventually use it for the rest of the year.

Evilo

HSC
~untitled~ said:
Haha, i get that too... cept on my ring finger because of how i hold my pen... and its normally coloured a funny shade of purple by the time the exams are finished, lol
same - its caused by squeezing the pen too tightly. I found using a soft grip works best - or even just a bit of blutack - but dont get distracted by the blutack!

diamond*dreams*

d[-_-]b . . <3 music
HSC
Evilo said:
same - its caused by squeezing the pen too tightly. I found using a soft grip works best - or even just a bit of blutack - but dont get distracted by the blutack!
Blutack! Nice idea, I never would have thought of that!! :D:rofl:

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Evilo said:
haha. i'll keep away from the blutack then, coz i can get distracted by anything... :) i usually just use those pens that already have the grippy thingos.... i especialy like using the pens with the mouldable grips - so nice and comfy. ^^

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
i just remembered that our bio teacher marks in pink pen sometimes..... and he's a guy...... an old guy.... fluoro pink pen....

~untitled~

HSC
Evilo said:
My pens already have grips on them, but i still get a bruised bump... I think its coz i squeeze the living daylights out of my pen so that i have more control over it... haha.

Oh! and definantly black pen! i HATE blue, even if my pen runs out in class instead of just borrowing the person besides me blue pen ill go around the whole room until i find sum1 with a spare black... i refuse to write in blue...

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
ssejamafone said:
i just remembered that our bio teacher marks in pink pen sometimes..... and he's a guy...... an old guy.... fluoro pink pen....
lmao so does my physics teacher. !
pink fluoro gel.
i don`t mind it so much , but when he writes our large chunks of info its kinda hard to read. ><

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
ssejamafone said:
No one said guys can't like pink XD Besides, maybe his red pen was fading in colour...? o_O;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)