People unit (1 Viewer)

sean1990

HSC
Hey guys, I know this has been asked several times before, but for a law/commerce student, which of the following do u think has the simplest workload and the easiest to understand and get a decent mark-

ANY COMMENTS ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING UNITS ARE WELCOME TO HELP MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION.

Lou283

HSC
I remember reading somewhere that PHL137 - Critical Thinking is a good unit especially for Law students. Can't remembers which post it was in but it convinced me to do it. It's next available next yr though not sem 2 this year.

tajid73

HSC
Agree with the 2 ppl above.
DEM127 is easy and PHIL137 is just common sense (for law student, it should be a piece of cake)

sean1990

HSC
Unfortunately I need it for sem 2.

Am I able to do dem127 as a unit if it is run by the dept of business? If I'm doing law/ commerce majoring in finance (it's not a core unit tho)

keep the evaluations coming !!! I'm sure they will help others ... Any bad comments or warnings not to do a unit is also welcome

Lou283

HSC
One has to be outside your degree but the other just has to be outside your major so Dem would be fine as long as your other one is from the arts or science faculty.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
AHIS - Ancient History
  • AHIS140 - Myth in the Ancient World
This unit has quite a bit of reading, but in all honesty it's easy as hell to get very good marks in. I found the content to be really interesting (particularly the comparison of Genesis with earlier ancient mythology) and in the end the exam is pre-circulated. Probably the easiest AHIS unit on offer yet still pretty interesting, win win.

russs

yeeeee
HSC
Im doing PSY350 next... I had to fit a 200/300 in and it seemed the best choice.

sean1990

HSC
im thinking of doing ACBE100- academic communication in business and economics.
I tried to get advanced standing for this as i did a similar unit- "business academic skills" at uws. I was not allowed, however in discussion, the linguistics teaching staff basically said I was "too smart" to be doing a unit like this (as it was previously designed for international students with poor english). Either way, it is a recognised people unit so hopefully it is ESL so I can smash it lol. They even say on their handbook page for this unit that it is most beneficial to students who obtained less than or equal to band 4 in english.

If I find it difficult I can always change up until census date is that correct?

thanks alot guys, I'll be sure to review whatever I do for everybody elses benefit.

Cheers.

sean1990

HSC
scrap that idea. no way in hell im doing a 3hr tutorial and 1hr lecture for a people subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)