people who get 99+ Atars..... (1 Viewer)

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
IQ - 140
ATAR - 95.9 (didn't put in consistent work for anything except math)

You work out what the HSC wants.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL. You don't need a high IQ for 99 ATAR - work hard and consistent.

Skeptyks

HSC
Just did this for fun and completed all the questions and got an index of 130.
It was so tiring at the end and I did not even understand one of the puzzles entirely...

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
hahah after question 50 I went fuck this and guessed the last two.
I found Q51 and Q52 to be a lot easier than Q46-50 lol.

Anyway I did it again without being an idiot and nexting and got 142 from answering all the questions.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
@the whole iq vs HSC atar debate

Correlation =/= Causation.

Too many factors playing into account.

bavarian

HSC
I just did the test, it was the first IQ test I've ever done :D
Honestly, a higher IQ will help you in regards to ATAR but you definitely can't rely on it. It may be a little easier for you to attain a higher ATAR if you compare someone with a low IQ who has done as much study etc as you but it doesn't mean low IQ individuals can't get 99.95 even.
(I got 138 btw if anyone cares :p)

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
i got a 99.75 ATAR with no extension subjects and with about 7hrs a week. This was because I played representative sport so that took up most of time. I also had my musicianship exams and speech and drama exams throughout the year so I was always busy. I also spent 2 months in Italy because I went on exchange and then I went to a physics program in Canada for 2 weeks. So I had very little time. However depends on how much you can study in a period of time and how focused you are. I didn't have much of time, so I didn't have much time to procrastinate. Also it depends on what subjects you choose. I had to drop maths, because I didn't have time to sit and practice questions, despite being relatively good at it. So I chose subjects that required a tad less effort. I did Adv English, 2 unit religion, Physics, Italian Beginners, Music 2. The bottom line is 99 + ATAR's are achievable with decent amount of work and make sure you concentrate in class. However if you're aiming for 99.95 you might have to put in more consistent work.

connie94

HSC
i got a 99.75 ATAR with no extension subjects and with about 7hrs a week. This was because I played representative sport so that took up most of time. I also had my musicianship exams and speech and drama exams throughout the year so I was always busy. I also spent 2 months in Italy because I went on exchange and then I went to a physics program in Canada for 2 weeks. So I had very little time. However depends on how much you can study in a period of time and how focused you are. I didn't have much of time, so I didn't have much time to procrastinate. Also it depends on what subjects you choose. I had to drop maths, because I didn't have time to sit and practice questions, despite being relatively good at it. So I chose subjects that required a tad less effort. I did Adv English, 2 unit religion, Physics, Italian Beginners, Music 2. The bottom line is 99 + ATAR's are achievable with decent amount of work and make sure you concentrate in class. However if you're aiming for 99.95 you might have to put in more consistent work.
noice! great advice.

bavarian

HSC
Oh woah thats amazing! You're like the epitome of all rounders.
Thanks for sharing :)
Congrats on your ATAR btw

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Holy shieett. You must have completely smashed the exams (both internal and external) considering the relatively low scaling of some of those subs.

Congrats though :)

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
Holy shieett. You must have completely smashed the exams (both internal and external) considering the relatively low scaling of some of those subs.

Congrats though :)
Thanks, I did alright;

but to give u an idea:

my marks were;

English Adv: 95
Italian beg: 95
SOR 2U: 96
Music 2: 96
Physics: 97

I could have done better, but I think I did alright and worked well with the time I had.

Best of luck with your exams.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
^ Any state ranks? Did you apply to UAC to get the ranks/raw makrs ect package thing? I would definitely if i were you.

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
well summer holidays were spent on NYSF (2 weeks) so I had about 4 weeks of which I spent 2 weeks in USA with the family. The other two weeks I got about 5 hours a day for 2 weeks. April holidays I was in Canada so I didn't get any studying done. The holidays before trials I had just come back from Exchange. I had about 10 days before trials. I studied about 15 hours a day (which I do not recommend). The holidays before the HSC, I did about 6 hours a day because I had speech exams for which I had to invest about 4 hours a day. So yeah, i didn't have too much of a regular pattern. However I made sure I stayed on top of my work always. btw I did my HSC in 2009, not last year!

Last edited:

jane bubble

HSC
i wasted the first 2 weeks of my holidays...am i doomed?
I feel like i wasted alot

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
i only studied 2 weeks of my summer holidays. you have 4 weeks lefts so you're all good. i think it is more how you study and how much work you put in, rather than how long u studied for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)