• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

People who got >90 in subjects: how did you study? (1 Viewer)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by aud
Actually, I think it is in some weird and strange roundabout way... correct me if I'm wrong though
I don't think you can get a UAI if you haven't officially completed the HSC.

Something Vague

AHHHHHHHHH how will i ever get through this ... so much work !!
Im wanting to get to anu with art and i also have crap uai subjects and reallllllly bad gramma, all i ever hear in eng is gramma, spelling gramma gramma gramma !!!
how can i improve this on top of all the other things i should be doing with my time !!!!
( not that any of you seem to have such pathetic problems) ...........help.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Something Vague
Im wanting to get to anu with art and i also have crap uai subjects and reallllllly bad gramma, all i ever hear in eng is gramma, spelling gramma gramma gramma !!!
how can i improve this on top of all the other things i should be doing with my time !!!!
to improve your grammar- the best thing i can say is to read a lot...and also do lot of writing tasks and stuff- and get ppl. to mark it for ya as well....that should do it. :D

aud

HSC
Originally posted by Something Vague
Hey, you do T&D too, come visit our dead forum...

To improve your grammar you might want to start using your vocab properly all the time, including online, sms, in school, at home, etc., if you keep slipping into slang it'll seem like an easier option - and won't help you.

But the thing is, with your subjects, grammar isn't the main thing in most - Music, T&D, Art and Hospitality... they don't tend to have huge analytical responses in their exams (don't hit me if I'm wrong~!), but as long as you know your stuff... and if you follow more creative strands with all your major works, the hardest literary thing to do is to justify yourself...

As for English, just start practising writing, and read lots~!

xanthanotus

HSC
90 in subjects how did u study?!?!

DIDNT lol...its all about luck.....you lucky if you knew stuff your lucky if you got a question you could answer and you lucky if you got a nice marker!!!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by xanthanotus
90 in subjects how did u study?!?!

DIDNT lol...its all about luck.....you lucky if you knew stuff your lucky if you got a question you could answer and you lucky if you got a nice marker!!!
yeah- luck was a big part of my marks as well. *jokes*

suiyi_z

ask people u know who have already done the hsc and get their different perspectives on it. coz some ppl study more effectively in some ways than others
i'm doing that right now..its quite good

Matthew_152

Yeah, luck played a very important part in my UAI of 91.50, because i didnt study untill about 2 wks before the exams and hardly did any work all year. I was lucky because pretty much all of the essay topics in the HSC were the ones that I was expecting.

karnevil

HSC
I only got over 90 in Japanese Continuers (I got 96), all the rest were band5's and band E3's (i missed out on E4 in extension jap by ONE mark :mad: ) .... i just had an undying passion for japanese, it wasn't really 'studying' for me... it was something i genuinely loved

i focused practically entirely on japanese and still got 92.90 UAI

speersy

HSC
N/A
i used to not believe in natural ability as i thought it was how much u studied that determined the marks you got.
Gettin over 90 UAI and not studying whats the go there.
we must have different definitions of studying

MouNtY

dats tru. what is it exactly that you peeps classify as studying, when you can do hardly any work and get great HSC marks. Or r yous just natural braniacs? i dont beleive in the whole luck thing.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by DooNy_TeChY
dats tru. what is it exactly that you peeps classify as studying, when you can do hardly any work and get great HSC marks. Or r yous just natural braniacs? i dont beleive in the whole luck thing.
I think it is partially luck because you're all competing against each other and if a really bright person on exam day fucks up... well it leaves room for someone else to take their spot. I can't say I didn't work hard but I do believe luck played some part in my UAI. My friend, on the other hand... given her marks I was shocked at what she got... she deserved more... so yeah luck does play a part.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Matthew_152
To get a UAI of over 90, I suggest u spend more time studying and less time procrastinating on BOS lol.
haha- true that, and don't u come and sue BOS, if u stuff up hsc, bcoz u were on these forums. :D

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
wow, thats good- if u can keep that up thru the year- u'll get 99+ for sure (provided that u do the right subjects ofcourse ;) )
y u think its too much???
(err... look back a few pages)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Seraph
y u think its too much???
(err... look back a few pages)
well, nah it may be a bit too much (i.e doing 3 subjects in one day) i usually, like to start a subjects and finish it in blocks, instead of doing it bit by bit everyday...but nevertheless, if u study like tat every day for the rest of this year, u'll get a 99+ uai for sure. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)