People who got >90 in subjects: how did you study? (1 Viewer)

mishka

HSC
N/A
I think you need to stick to what works 4 u. Once you start changing ur method, u'll probably be stressing thinking "I hope this works!"

Last edited:

pink_esky

Can anyone suggest any studying methods for bio? I am already answering all the syllabus dot points and i have a bio tutor, but i only am getting 70% average. I want to do well in bio, but i have no clue. I have a communication test on Monday, and i am stumped as to how i should effectively study the 'mass'. Any suggestions?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
maybe u should start memorising the syllabus points, and also do a lot of "hsc type" questions, and get ya answers marked by ya teacher/tutor- that will work for sure!! :D

speersy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by santaslayer
thats a matta of how u view stress......it can be suprisingly motivating...
I find that i stress less the more i study as i am not so worried about exams. This would obviously have a limit which i am keen to surpass oh stress its kinda funny isn't????

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
meh i used to be doing 2 subjects a day including maths , but it didnt work , i was doing tiny bits here adn there , it was slow.... and it had me staying up quiet late

now i do 1 subject and maths a day wroks well!!
and dont bloody change ur routine in the holidays!!
If you find you have heaps of spare time in the holidays after uve done ur study routine
GREAT! , go do something else dont bloody study

well thats what i think , anyone think i should be doing more in hols?

santaslayer

HSC
actually, i would of thought that u would have to change ur routine in the holidays. (for people who are planning to ditch their holidays in the hsc year)

my timetable was changed when the holidays came up. (it was changed on paper anyway......lolz)

on every second day i would have about 8-12 hour study day...and the other days left were the same as my original skool routine.

thats just me thou.....works differently for everyone

Seraph

HSC
N/A
ughhhhhhh

and whats your origianl school routine? any particular subject routine method ?

cko

HSC
Originally posted by pink_esky
Can anyone suggest any studying methods for bio? I am already answering all the syllabus dot points and i have a bio tutor, but i only am getting 70% average. I want to do well in bio, but i have no clue. I have a communication test on Monday, and i am stumped as to how i should effectively study the 'mass'. Any suggestions?
I used to b like that with chem when i did it in yr 11.. like i knew everything but tha marks weren't reflecting wo t i knew! :( i think tha bestest way to fix that... considering that u sound like abio expert to begin wit... is to do all them past papers, n get used to tha type of questions, how to answer them, n be familiar with the marking system/schemes that they use. Look at the allocated marks for each question n then the verb (explainm describe, assess etc) n u can roughly see bout how much detail u mite need to put into tha question. Tha general rule is, u no how u get 'define' questions as 'lowest' level n 'assess' and the 'highest' level, well when u answer a question such as 'discuss' which is provide advantages/disadvantages, u should include all the 'lower' level verbs under the 'discuss' level such as 'define' it n then 'describe' it n then 'explain' it and do all that till u reach tha 'discuss'

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Seraph
ughhhhhhh

and whats your origianl school routine? any particular subject routine method ?
hey, hey, relax, this is only for ME......it might be different for urself, don't panic! :p

as for me, i would always try to do subject A at night and revise for it again on the following morning...supposedly something helpful to do.

but dont change what your comfortable with just because of what i said! :)

tardnut

i had a plan that i wouldnt work all year but cram hard week b4 each exam.
so i didnt work through the year, go to exams, there was shit loads to do, i just thought fuck this, and continued on my routine of playing diabloIIexp, warcraftIII, and counter strike.

It worked for me (even got a 90 in a sub woot), got into my course ... dropped out 2 days into my course, but hey.

Thus my advice: studying is for tardnuts and iguanas. Play computer games, drop out of school or uni, and let the good times roll.

For more of my advice, call 1800 IMATARDNUT, only $4.95/min.

Seraph

HSC
N/A
hah well i am able to still do that , except it always comes after me study in holidays and on weekdays Friday Night and Saturday Night

heh

Lundy

Banned
HSC
It surprises me to read that people are studying regularly already. This time last year, I hadn't even begun to think about studying for the trials/hsc. I started usually a week or two before exam blocks, except during stuvac where I started about a month beforehand. And even then, I did about a measly 2-3 hours a day, which is really nothing in comparison to some people here. I ended up with 90+ in three subjects, and 80+ in the other two.

Different for different people, sure. But I found working consistently (that is, paying attention in classes, doing the homework um, most of the time) pays off in the end. Cramming after doing nothing all year causes too much stress.

santaslayer

HSC
yea Lundy, but you must realise that a lotta these people are just 'talking' about studying...
however many people ACTUALLY study is beyond me......LoLz
(not directing it to anyone@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
that's true. At least I didn't bother kidding myself that I'd study reguarly. I knew all along that I'd probably be a "last moment" kinda gal.

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
bout 1 in 10 ppl actually study....to me n e way, crammed the night b4 the hsc, ie. whole bloody syllabus...paid off but it was deadly and u felt like an animal cos i didnt sleep for 48 hrs!! lols
n e way, to the 04 class, u dunno til uve experienced it :)

wetten

Read lots, and know your syllabus'. syllabus' are the bible, esp. in subjects like chem phys and bio. Excell can be a good starting point but often can be to general and doesn't go into enough depth.
Insubjects like maths, it helps alot to make summary cards at the end of a topic. The stuff is still fresh in your mind when u make them. Easier to study for tests
english is a bitch. don't study just know ur texts. well.

speersy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by santaslayer

on every second day i would have about 8-12 hour study day...and the other days left were the same as my original skool routine.
Is this just the holidays before the exam or all the holidays?
I need to know what other people did or are doing so i can be ready for my UAI

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by speersy

I need to know what other people did or are doing so i can be ready for my UAI
stay off the forums and do some work. no tricky formula, just do work.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
im a crammer, which i often is use to, which i believe most of u's are similiar too..:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)