PHIL1012 Introductory Logic (1 Viewer)

Zippora

HSC
Can anyone tell me anything about this subject? Including whether it is enjoyable/useful? Thank you

nandayo

ismist
HSC
Mmm, I'd also like to know - considering doing it next semester and there are no reviews in that subject reviews document thing.

sweetcandeeh

HSC
i'm doing this subject next sem.
sorry that doesn't really help you.

katastrophe

HSC
bump! i'm also interested in taking this in the coming semester.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
I've heard that it's pretty dry. I was initially going to do it but I've changed to 'Society, Knowledge and Self' instead. With my luck though, that'll probably end up being worse haha.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
logic is easy if you are good at mathematics

socitey knowledge and self is sorta boring from what I remember and nothing like reality, ethics and beauty

logic is probably more interesting

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
It's very mathematical base. A whole lot of:

WR-INI: X at t1 is identical to Y at t2 iff there is some fact F1 about X at t1, and some fact F2 about Y at t2, and F1 and F2 are irreducible to facts about the subjects’ psychology or physiology, and X at t1 is identical with Y at t2 in virtue of the fact that the propositions stating F1 and F2 differ only insofar as that “X” and “t1” occur in the former where “Y” and “t2” occur in the latter.

If that shit makes sense to you then go for it. Personally I changed to PHIL1013: Society, Knowledge and Self.

shakky

HSC
It's very mathematical base. A whole lot of:

WR-INI: X at t1 is identical to Y at t2 iff there is some fact F1 about X at t1, and some fact F2 about Y at t2, and F1 and F2 are irreducible to facts about the subjects’ psychology or physiology, and X at t1 is identical with Y at t2 in virtue of the fact that the propositions stating F1 and F2 differ only insofar as that “X” and “t1” occur in the former where “Y” and “t2” occur in the latter.

If that shit makes sense to you then go for it. Personally I changed to PHIL1013: Society, Knowledge and Self.
Lol its kinda like an ecology dichotomous key. Very statistical and somewhat interesting...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)