Physical Journey: Unexpected Detours (1 Viewer)

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
ummm but then dont you have to form a thesis with reference to the question? cause i said that the success of journeys are limited by the ability of hte traveller to persevere beyond these 'unexpected detours' or obstacles.

and from tehre the CTRS and Feliks poem fit into it?:confused:

williamc

HSC
The questions in section 3 are open for intrepetation. My teacher agreed with me, when i said it was all about the challanges faced on the physical journey. In the entire immigrant chronicles there are unexpected challenges.

shortay26

HSC
yeah the short story and essay i memorised was similiar to the one in the exams

woop im happy

but im not looking foward to paper 2

Legham

HSC
I thought detours were just challenges that changed the course of their journey.. And its not like you had to agree with the statement, so if you couldn't work out any of the detours you could just disagree.. one of three of my texts didn't have any detours.

Gigabyte89

HSC
Martyno1 said:
I wrote something about [insert my texts here] being an unexpected detour in the physical journey that is their life.
BULLSHIT ALERT lol
Same.

historykidd

HSC
Legham said:
I thought detours were just challenges that changed the course of their journey.. And its not like you had to agree with the statement, so if you couldn't work out any of the detours you could just disagree.. one of three of my texts didn't have any detours.
3/4 of my texts had no detours -_-

Fucking polish immigrant.

HSC
Sidicious-Reign said:
Dam. I thought it meant physical detours too megan :( Wouldve been perfect if i studied leaving home before the test, add that to rain man, road not taken and wouldve been ownage... fuck :)
Ah well... at least it's over now Liam! :)

And just because I used "Leaving Home", doesn't exactly mean that I used accurate quotes. :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

xxJTxx

HSC
Hrm..I thought this question was very fair.

I think you could have argued a number of things. I guess my approach to it was to first note that it said the WORLD of physical journey's (didn't it..I'm too lazy to go get the paper) - i.e. not just on the journey itself.

So my first point was the most obvious, relating unexpected detours to the obstacles which come up on a physical journey and how they are unanticipated.

Second point, which was meshed in altogether was about the way in which inner growth and understanding (an alteration of self) results from a physical journey. I don't if I made this work right, but it sounded good at the time. I argued that this was an 'unexpected detour' for the traveller, who would not have anticipated such an alteration in their self as a result of their physical journey.

That's about it! Not enough time though :( Only got through 9 pages!!! ARRRRGH~! Medium sized writing..got bigger at the end, when I had like 2mins left and I started writing like 4 words per line haha

N

noir.

Detours was an awful word to use imo. it was open to too much interpretation. I interpreted it as overcoming obstacles through the concept of choice

historykidd

HSC
noir. said:
Detours was an awful word to use imo. it was open to too much interpretation. I interpreted it as overcoming obstacles through the concept of choice
Oh thank christ <3

Come, come and join the small band of us who interpretated it like this also.

historykidd

HSC
noir. said:
oh hi historykidd :eek:

I personally thought the question itself was bad. The text i studied didn't work very well... Imaginative journeys people had it easier.
Same.

The question was awful for Skrzynecki and both Imaginative and Inner had it easier I agree.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
my intepretation of unexpected detours was about the nature and obstacles on the journey.
Nature: can be forced, continuous, optional etc.
Obstacles: leads to the detours in the journeys, i said road not taken had no detours..
and Impact: was dependant on the detours

airbag

HSC
Did anybody else just argue with their paper about nothing in particular for forty minutes?

Seriously though, I argued about what is meant by "unexpected" rather than what constitutes a journey.

I hope that's acceptable.

It better be, because I thought I wrote quite a good essay

And also, did anyone else find it difficult to integrate quotes?

I doubt I used more than four.

gizmo99

HSC
this really didn't suit skrzynecki very well. i think everyone prepared for crossing the red sea, and it really didn't suit. it was good for leaving home though, and i also used feliks, just saying he didn't detour and that made his journey better

melzii

HSC
The question was a bit shonky. It threw me back at first, but then I managed to spin something up..
I had a problem with finding 'detours' in The Town Where Time Stands Still, so I ended up saying that some people subconciously hope for 'detours' in their everyday lives in order to embark on a journey and as a result, become enlightened.
Other than that, everything was fine.. I wrote 15 pages for it and by the end of it my hand felt like it needed to be amputated! Oh, how I love the HSC :)

HSC
When shit happens, broaden the definition of the question and/or the meaning of key words such as "unexpected detour".

That's what I did.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
chocolate_lover said:
I just wrote about obstacles... with random quotes.

I couldn't really see how any of Skrzynecki's poems suited the question... except for "Leaving Home".
True. People who did Skrzynecki were screwed over, cause the only good stimulus text was Robert Frost's one. And it isn't really a good idea to use three poems for the essay. I ended up using Ivory Trail, and boy did I make up some shit.

eppingMCE

HSC
Martyno1 said:
I wrote something about migrations being an unexpected detour in the physical journey that is their life.
BULLSHIT ALERT lol
Lol martin, i also wrote about how one of many related text guy was sent to a detension center, thus it was his unexpected detour aswell lol. but i'm not sure if that really happened coz i read the artical from ages ago and cant really rember wat happened lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)