Physics HSC Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

roryg03

HSC
thoughts on the worst malus' law q we could get this year? hate that dot point and surely they couldn't pin a 4+ marker on us about it exclusively,, also anyone have the solutions to Normanhurst's trial for 2021. cheers

notme123

HSC
thoughts on the worst malus' law q we could get this year? hate that dot point and surely they couldn't pin a 4+ marker on us about it exclusively.
i dont think theres enough substance in that dotpoint but they could make us explain why the intensity is halved in the polariser and then has to obey malus law in the analyser

luminol

HSC
thoughts on the worst malus' law q we could get this year? hate that dot point and surely they couldn't pin a 4+ marker on us about it exclusively,, also anyone have the solutions to Normanhurst's trial for 2021. cheers
they could maybe make it a data-processing type of question where you could evaluate the method of a given experiment or why the results are the way they are, but other than that I don't think they can really ask a huge malus' law question; it's not exactly famous for its variation after all

BlueGirl18

HSC
Do you think it will be really hard? I'm really worried after the unexpected maths papers...I have studied really hard for physics and would hate for it to be another doozy of a test!!

Jimmy910

HSC

someone do this question pls. I can't find the magnitude of the force.

notme123

HSC

someone do this question pls. I can't find the magnitude of the force.

since uy=0, at t=0.843, y = -1.35

so that means theres two forces with net force down.
(g is positive here since the negative is already taken care of)

up

basically theres an up force because of lenz law where the induced current of changing flux opposes the source of motion with a repellent mag field to draw kinetic energy and convert it into electrical and heat energy as a consequence of LCE.
a big caveat with this q is that the force upward is not constant, and is 0 mid way through as the flux through the tube is constant.

Last edited:

Jimmy910

HSC

since uy=0, at t=0.843, y = -1.35

so that means theres two forces with net force down.
(g is positive here since the negative is already taken care of)

up

basically theres an up force because of lenz law where the induced current of changing flux opposes the source of motion to draw kinetic energy and convert it into electrical and heat energy.
a big caveat with this q is that the force upward is not constant, and is 0 mid way through as the flux through the tube is constant.
I love you. I did smth similar but only counted F=ma as the upwards force with a = -3.8ms^-2

juju1234

HSC
whos bringing in set squares (bc theyre on the list) and if so...why ?? struggling to see when I'd use them

notme123

HSC
imagine nesa pulls a 180 and makes the entire exam maths questions with none based on history and experiments. i would kiss everyone in the room, including the supervisors.

sadly we dont live in an ideal world

IDK and IDC

HSC
imagine nesa pulls a 180 and makes the entire exam maths questions with none based on history and experiments. i would kiss everyone in the room, including the supervisors.

wdymmm, nah the opposite is wayyyyyy easier, sack the maths questions, just do experiments and theory.

minijo

HSC

step 1: write just answers to 1 sig fig
step 2: do not elaborate further
step 3: profit

IDK and IDC

HSC
ok but i dont want to regurgitate information for why newton and huygens are nerds fighting over light or why rutherford left his model half assed for bohr to clean it up later
ur complaining about EASY marks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)